"Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography: TURKS - The Kids Are Alright"

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Not a proper update (still waiting on the book), but something relating to this project in general:

If you've got sigs visible you'll see the little donation link in mine.

As some of you might now, Winter (Vriska) has a bunch of debts to pay off (at least $200). So to help her out, I want to use the donations for this to help her to pay for this. Just stick 'Winter' in the note/description so I know where it's going.

or i won't do anything :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Got my copy of the book delivered a few hours ago. The box and plastic packaging were torn to shit and damp, but thankfully the book itself is somehow miraculously pristine.

I've only flipped through it a little, but there is mention of
Rufus, Tseng, Elena, Reno, Rude, Cloud, Marlene, Tifa, Denzel, Johnny, Corneo, Vincent, Cid and Barret.
Haven't seen
Yuffie, Reeve or Aerith's
names, but they might be in there somewhere.
Vincent, Cid and Barret
were only barely mentioned from what I can tell, so I won't hold my breath.

The book itself is very beautiful. It's a nice little hardback with a translucent jacket featuring that familiar image of Evan on the front, and a sketch of Kyrie (who's quite hot) on the back.

Under the jacket are sketches on the front and back. Reno and Rude on the front, Cloud and Tifa on the back. The same sketches appear after the table of contents with brief descriptions of the characters.

If I get time to translate anything noteworthy, I'll let you guys know.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
fffff maybe you can write some chapter summaries then, since i'm still waiting for mine :sadpanda: (Though you ordered it before I did, right?)

Pixel

The Pixie King
Our postal service is really slow over christmas, so you probably wont get it for another week or so

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting anything until after New Years.

still super jealous scan the book for me tres you bastard

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'll be happy to scan the artwork. I'll do that tonight sometime. It's really nice.

fffff maybe you can write some chapter summaries then, since i'm still waiting for mine :sadpanda: (Though you ordered it before I did, right?)

I'll see what I can do. I'm slower than you when it comes to reading Japanese, and so far I've just been flipping around trying to see who all is mentioned -- though I did catch a really cute line from Cloud toward the end where he says
"Although we don't share blood, we are family. It's the same" about Marlene.

And, yeah, I did order it before you did. I pre-ordered, in fact. Hopefully you'll have yours soon, though. :monster:

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Looking forward to this. Just do us a favor. If the story sucks, just pretend The Turks get magical dinosaurs to ride around on and Cloud and Tifa form a sweet two piece garage band ala the White Stripes. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
For those of you needing your fix, here's your scans of the artwork:

mail

mail

mail

mail

mail

In other news, Evan thinks Tifa has an awesome rack. Really:

見事[SIZE=+0]な[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]胸[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]の[/SIZE]、[SIZE=+0]ティ[/SIZE]ファ[SIZE=+0]という[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]二十代[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]半ば[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]の[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]美人[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]が[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]店[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]を[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]切り盛り[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]してい[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]る。[/SIZE]

"A beautiful woman in her mid-twenties named Tifa is managing the shop, and has a magnificent chest."
:monster:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
OH GOD I JUST WENT "OHHH!" in a "that's adorable" sort of way when I read what Tres said Cloud said. Also
Fuck yeah more Denzel, kid doesn't get enough love

The book itself is very beautiful. It's a nice little hardback with a translucent jacket featuring that familiar image of Evan on the front, and a sketch of Kyrie (who's quite hot) on the back.

Under the jacket are sketches on the front and back. Reno and Rude on the front, Cloud and Tifa on the back. The same sketches appear after the table of contents with brief descriptions of the characters.

Oh... scans? I wanna see hotness! :joy:

EDIT
NM you just got to it... but they don't load for me D:

And Tifa DOES have a nice rack :awesome:
But god that's awesome XD

EDIT II

Tres if you want to send the images to me, I'll host them, they don't seem to be loading.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay for those who also couldn't see Tres' images. These are HUGE BTW.

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Yeah, pretty awesome pics there :awesome:

(they're joke descriptions BTW :monster:)

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Thanks for hosting those. =)

By the way, the one you've labeled as "New character" is Kyrie. The one where you've agreed that "she" is hot is Evan. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
By the way, the one you've labeled as "New character" is Kyrie. The one where you've agreed that "she" is hot is Evan.

Okay apparently I'm bad at this humor thing :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Tres, your links to your own gmail attachments don't work, silly :monster:.

Also, I am disappoint that it's just pencil sketches.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Tres, your links to your own gmail attachments don't work, silly :monster:.

Oh. Apparently I didn't get what copy-pasting does with the newest versions of IE until just now. I thought I had inserted the actual images into that post.

I is retarded. :monster:

Yop said:
Also, I am disappoint that it's just pencil sketches.

They is pretty, though.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Thanks for the scans!

Wow @ Kyrie. Think I found my new manic pixie dream girl. :desu:

I'll definitely be sending some cash the translators way once tax returns come through.

Vendel

Banned
In other news, Evan thinks Tifa has an awesome rack. Really:

見事[SIZE=+0]な[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]胸[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]の[/SIZE]、[SIZE=+0]ティ[/SIZE]ファ[SIZE=+0]という[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]二十代[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]半ば[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]の[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]美人[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]が[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]店[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]を[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]切り盛り[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]してい[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]る。[/SIZE]

"A beautiful woman in her mid-twenties named Tifa is managing the shop, and has a magnificent chest."
:monster:

Tifa is in her EARLY-twenties. This book is crap!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
well what time in the story did this take place? Was it the post DoC part? :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
OH GOD I JUST WENT "OHHH!" in a "that's adorable" sort of way when I read what Tres said Cloud said. Also
Fuck yeah more Denzel, kid doesn't get enough love

Yeah, there was only Advent Children, On the Way to a Smile the novella and On the Way to a Smile the animation. Kid's had more screentime than most of AVALANCHE for gawd's sake.

Cloud's hair looks like shit. Road kill chocobo head.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah, there was only Advent Children, On the Way to a Smile the novella and On the Way to a Smile the animation.
Uh... he wasn't in AC/C much... and a lot of Avalanche had an OTWTAS about them.

Kid's had more screentime than most of AVALANCHE for gawd's sake.
I didn't say screentime, I said love :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
What do you know, my copy just arrived this morning as well :monster: Not started reading it yet, but will be a little later on.

Top Bottom