FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Some fun editing here. Barret's "You coming?" takes place outside the hotel at Ghost Square, whereas Yuffie's response "Way ahead of you" takes place at Costa del Sol.

1705358502158.png

1705358655135.png

In the release date trailer, we see Tifa swimming in some lifestream/mako. We now have a glimpse at how she ended up there. I think the weapon shown is a redesigned Sapphire Weapon, they're both aquatic beasts with arms, but we'll see.

1705358860062.png

1705358843246.png

The shot of Aerith appears to take place on the new luxury cruise ship. Or perhaps Costa del Sol at night. You can see a life ring in the background.

1705359314013.png

We also get a glimpse of a new environment with Sephiroth. Potentially at the end of the game? It looks like the Edge of Creation, but the ground has been uplifted? Since it is different, I don't think it's from the recap video.

1705359378229.png

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
To begin with, I'm posting this for posterity and also sort of for my own record.

I wasn't going to post about any leaks that dropped, given the fact they aren't verified and it was from 4chan. This came out today.

However.

What made it interesting is, the entire thread with the leaks was nuked. If you know 4chan, you know that is absolutely unusual. 4chan never deletes entire threads unless they're told to. Either be the government or by copyright holders.

So there's really only one reason a thread with leaks for FFVII Rebirth would not just be archived... But completely erradicated.

This is what was posted. Big thanks to Jean for pointing it out to me first too.

SPOILER_417231900_3531148303805016_3300523000478095099_n.png

SPOILER_image.png

Ngl...

These are the best possible things to find out now. :awesomonster:

I'm fucking hyped. THANK YOU, NKN. You knew what you were doing.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Though I haven't read the leak, I can start to gauge the leak's content based on who's celebrating and who isn't. So I'm going dark. Twitter and Discord have been deleted from my phone. All I have left is a bookmark to my Remake challenge run, which I'll continue to update. Wasn't expecting this today.

It's been a wild four years. I was basically a ghost here before Remake released, but the story's new mysteries compelled me to post. I'm still proud of my One Year Later thread. It's the best thing I've ever written. And so I leave incredibly grateful to the forum for the opportunity to express myself. Enjoy the game, enjoy life. See you all mid March!

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Hmmm ... so I guess Cloud and Aerith will get a
SPOILER="interrupted by fireworks almost kiss while Cloud and Tifa get an actual kiss. Or maybe they both have explicitly romantic dates with hot and heavy. Wow. Interesting "]

Also

Oh Cid. What have they done. How could they

I don't have a ps5, and I can't really afford the luxury while I have essentials like a new bed to get so I might as well gorge and glut on incoming data. Thanks Mako.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Doing the thing I was putting off and looking for used PS5s on Ebay. 🙄 Will probably resell it after I play the game, and potentially buy it back at a lower price if the next game is released on this system. :monster: I no longer understand the purpose of console gaming outside of handhelds or gimmicky timed exclusives for classic video games.

I wanna experience this with the community again though. Experiencing Remake on here was magic.

EDIT: Bought a b& one at cost lol; may be an option for gamers who don't care about online play.

Last edited:

Weeros

Pro Adventurer
So how many here are on the "there's no multiple timelines (outside perpetual world loop), just Zack and Biggs adventuring in the lifestream refusing to move on, soon to be joined by Aerith" -theory train?

There's just bunch of stuff the devs have said & what we've seen in the trailers that would really fit nicely with this interpretation. Particularly the ever present comments about not changing the big picture of the story and this bit about Zack's role from recent interview:

Through [the character of Zack], players will be able to experience and understand more of the Final Fantasy VII worldview and it will deepen their understanding of the Final Fantasy VII world. We've used Zack to depict the combined view of Nojima, Nomura and Kitase - the original creators - intent of this world of Final Fantasy VII came to be and its policies and rules governing this world. This is going to be depicted through the character of Zack. As much as the Whispers within the story, Zack is an equally, immensely important, crucial, key character to this story"

It's just so hard to imagine what Zack's journey in a completely random mishmash timeline with random events could teach us, whereas if it's about being inside lifestream and learning about it (and maybe Sephiroth's influence there too, he is after all a self proclaimed "traveller of the lifestream"), it suddenly makes a whole lot of sense.

This video summarizes the position well:

Finally, I was reading through SQueenix's press release materials and it said this about Biggs:

NEW CHARACTER: Biggs

After surviving the fall of the Sector 7 plate, Biggs awoke to find that he is the last remaining member of the illfated anti-Shinra rebels, Avalanche. Having recovered from his injuries, he now seeks revenge against the company that murdered his comrades.

So Biggs is supposed to be the same Biggs who was involved in an attack to defend the plate, together with Cloud et. al. ? While now hanging together with Zack who's hauling around mako-poisoned Cloud having just arrived in Midgar (which supposedly happened at least months before the whole platefall business) ? Nothing adds up... except it's the lifestream.

Finally, something else I noticed about the press materials & the alleged spoiler/leak posted above:

In the press releases, there's a bit about the "protorelics":

Protorelics are artifacts of unknown origin that emit a unique energy signal. These elusive antiquities are hidden throughout the world─butwith the aid of activated remnawave towers, Chadley should be able to point you in their direction. Be warned, however: they seem to alter space-time, and are known to cause strange phenomena.

This is pretty strong corroboration to the leak if you ask me.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
This is pretty strong corroboration to the leak if you ask me.
I would be extremely cautious about that. Make sure the leak actually predates the press release. I've seen a lot of fake leaks for other games retroactively gain credibility because they included already available information and people don't remember the actual chronology of press releases and announcements in relation to them.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
This looks to be off topic on the surface, but could become relevant come release date for FF7 Rebirth.

If you preordered or are thinking about FF7 Rebirth on Amazon, buyer beware; my preorder for Tekken 8 on Amazon got delayed by 10 full days. I hope this is a one time fuckup and not a new business practice, especially with Rebirth's release just little over a month away.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
What made it interesting is, the entire thread with the leaks was nuked. If you know 4chan, you know that is absolutely unusual. 4chan never deletes entire threads unless they're told to. Either be the government or by copyright holders.

So there's really only one reason a thread with leaks for FFVII Rebirth would not just be archived... But completely erradicated.

Why weren't the leaks deleted from before Remake came out then, if that was the case? That game's demo was hacked with the ending and resolution scenes revealed almost a month before the game came out iirc...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why weren't the leaks deleted from before Remake came out then, if that was the case? That game's demo was hacked with the ending and resolution scenes revealed almost a month before the game came out iirc...

Because it was pointless. The spoilers literally were all over the net.

All Nojima could do was post a tweet expressing disappointment and asking fans not to spoil it for others and respect the hard work they did by not sharing.

This is obviously a different circumstance.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
PlayStation State of Play announced for tomorrow (31st). On the anniversary of the OG release.

Now I’m not much of a betting man but come on, this has got to be a no brainer…

Top Bottom