FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
When accounting for the amount of hardware the numbers look dire.

Recent FF's first week sales in Japan:
  • FFXV sold 716k on PS4 when PS4 hardware was 3.6m
  • FFVII Remake sold 702k on PS4 when PS4 hardware was 9m
  • FFXVI sold 336k on PS5 when PS5 hardware was 3.8m
  • FFVII Rebirth sold 262k on PS5 when PS5 hardware was 5.3m

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If they didn't expect diminishing returns when they decided to split the game into three, I don't know what to tell them.

Us diehards are in it for the long haul, but for the general player who got FF7 for their PS1 as a kid got their nostalgia fill from part 1.

Last edited:

Slipstreamer

Rookie Adventurer
I think my last post here was in the "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE ANNOUNCED" thread four years ago so I thought I'd check in out of tradition to see if the forum's still here. I see it is. Last time I divined @Misterbadguy by mentioning Barretboy & Armoured Hamster's FF comics from AdventChildren.net days. This time I pose this question: Whatever happened to the podcast, the one with the Peurto Rican girl with the terrible microphone?
Anyway, I still haven't got around to playing FFVIII Remaster, XV, VIIR, XVI... I'll let you know what I think of Rebirth in 20 years. I've been watching the cutscenes on YouTube, it looks good. Anyway, bye.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm at a con right now and jezus so much FFVII stuff. Not sure I wanna get into physical merch like this with everything that's online tho.

I'm dressed as Elena and everyone is complimenting my costume but I don't know if they know who I am. :monster: I did make a nametag but it's in black and white.

IMG_20240309_135205.jpg

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
PSA: If you're having trouble completing battle intel because the enemy is dying too quickly, try switching the difficulty to Dynamic.

The description for Dynamic difficulty is misleading, what it actually does is match all of the game's content to your level. Also perfect if you're looking for more of a challenge as you clear side content, but don't want it to be as challenging as Hard mode.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
If they didn't expect diminishing returns when they decided to split the game into three, I don't know what to tell them.

Us diehards are in it for the long haul, but for the general player who got FF7 for their PS1 as a kid got their nostalgia fill from part 1.
Also I dont feel the game`s marketing focused on the right stuff. It always seemed to me that it was catering specifically to existing FFVII fans by showing more story than anything. Imo trailers should be showcasing more of the general open-world areas, the variety of gameplay style, collectibles, challenges, or the amount of vehicles available. Content that screams "yes, this is the next best open-world game on the market" to attract regular folk.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Soundtrack official page with track list is up. Beware potential spoilers in the titles. :mon:
(Disc 7 tracklist isn't up yet)

There's a ton of omissions, another Plus soundtrack is all but guaranteed I guess. Kind of crazy how massive these soundtracks are.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's a new patch out, 1.020

You can now select between Performance: Smooth and Performance: Sharp for 60fps
Smooth is basically just the way it looked in the demo initially, Sharp is the current one.

edit: patch notes

Fort Condor and Gears and Gambits now have difficulty selection

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
North America sales.

• #2 best selling title of February 2024.
  • Remake and Rebirth Twin-Pack was #8 best selling title of February 2024.
  • Overall #4 best selling game of 2024 to date.
--------
Observations:

The most telling part is that Tekken 8 YTD sold better than Rebirth and that game sold 2 millon copies worldwide as of February. So VII Rebirth likely has not hit 3 million worldwide yet. Square Enix announced the sales of Remake 11 days after release and FFXVI less than a week after release, Rebirth has been out for 21 days and Square Enix has not revealed the numbers yet.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I know you know that Tekken 8 is multiplat. It's not a totally fair comparison.
Still doesn't change the fact that it's been 21 days since release and Square hasn't said any numbers compared to their quick announcement of Remake-1 and FF16 sales (both single platforms at the time like Rebirth).

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The official PlayStation account on Twitter posted this, talking about how great the polygon count in Rebirth is.

Being 100% genuine when I say that in this instance, left is the better image. Sorry! Everything I know about design says so.

1000016287.jpg

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
More clearly defined silhouette, distinct features (Remake Cloud's entire torso gets lost to darkness), Buster Sword looks to have weight instead of just floating behind him, face and hair doesn't look like a David Bowie Halloween outfit.

And yes the vibrant color but that's just personal preference.

Top Bottom