• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I won the tutorial match! Might not sound impressive, but it was against real players.

Holy shit, for real? I didn't know the tutorial match was against real people too. No wonder why the game didn't pause when I was looking through the menu.

.....I also won mine, by virtue of smacking everyone with a sword. I really didn't know what I was doing, but I found a chocobo and nyoomed all around. I also got on a motorcycle and tried to see if I could run over people, but the other characters not being AI suddenly explains why I couldn't close in on people to test that out, lololol.

...do...do all the battles have to be PVP, especially for the dailies? I'd rather do teamplay instead, or solo fights against AI if possible...herpaderp, I'm dumb as hell. :wacky: I guess I won't be playing this as much as I thought, until I can fucking figure how to enable controller support.

Some thoughts about the touch screen control: (the lack of) Aim is kinda FUBAR, but I think I'm too used to Genshin's autoaim simultaneously holding my hand and fucking me over in that regard. So I guess fixed fire might be the best way to use guns because I hate aiming anything on my phone screen. I guess it might be easier to do with controllers though. Also, still am stupid as hell, but...did 1st Soldier actually implement controller support in-game yet? cause google keeps saying "yah there's controller support for 1st Soldier" but I'm not seeing it.

The double tap to dodge roll is kinda iffy, because the screen doesn't respond to my double tap so I end up doing squats instead.

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
IMG_2389.png

IMG_2390.png

This is disappointing.
SE seemed to be getting better with this embarrassing stuff, but mobile is lagging behind.
WHAT THE ACTUAL F------
You had one job, SE. One job. Arghhhhhh.

Ok, let's make it worse. I'm just curious. If the characters are almost fully customizable, can you choose the chest size, too?

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
WHAT THE ACTUAL F------
You had one job, SE. One job. Arghhhhhh.

Ok, let's make it worse. I'm just curious. If the characters are almost fully customizable, can you choose the chest size, too?
Lol no but I'm sure somebody suggested it at some point.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Pairing a controller is super easy. Quick guide: take your PS4 or PS5 controller and hold the PS and Share buttons. The lightbar should start to flash. This means the controller is ready to pair. Then just open your phone's Bluetooth settings and connect.

However, at least when using my PS5 controller, the button bindings in the game settings were completely inaccurate. For example, Triangle in the game settings was melee, but during gameplay L1 was melee. Maybe it's just a problem with PS5 controllers? There's no way to rebind buttons unfortunately. Definitely practice in the training mode first.

Was able to fit in a match tonight. 3rd place with 5 kills. I kinda don't mind the touchscreen controls?

I found this room in the basement of Corneo's mansion O_o

Screenshot_20211118-233306.png

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Pairing a controller is super easy. Quick guide: take your PS4 or PS5 controller and hold the PS and Share buttons. The lightbar should start to flash. This means the controller is ready to pair. Then just open your phone's Bluetooth settings and connect.

Ah, yes, I do this all the time for Genshin, but when I tried it for 1st, the controllers weren't responding? At least in the menu/home screen it wasn't. Do the controllers only work in battle? (Cause if I gotta learn the buttons on the fly, hoo boy.) Fingers crossed that SE patches in controller rebinding, my muscle memory is starting to fuck with me. :wacky:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ah, yes, I do this all the time for Genshin, but when I tried it for 1st, the controllers weren't responding? At least in the menu/home screen it wasn't. Do the controllers only work in battle?

Correct, the controller simply won't work anywhere but the actual battle. A strange, and irksome limitation. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I played it for a bit (context, my only other experience with anything similar is CoD Mobile that I played for a bit, that one's pretty decent imo). It's all right. It's a battle royale game, err. Stuff. Won the tutorial mission, got killed by a tonberry a few times :monster:.

Weird lag spikes while playing though, like the whole game locks for a split second while idk, loading an asset or something.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
I played this game for a while. It’s somewhat fun. Not bad. Love the concept. Not a BR fan and this won’t convince me to try others lol. But overall it’s ok. I would prefer Ever Crisis. But hope all of you are enjoying it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Consoles have no shortage of cheap, cynical free-to-play games. Why is this one any different? There's just no reason for it to be exclusive to mobile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ite

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

However, at least when using my PS5 controller, the button bindings in the game settings were completely inaccurate. For example, Triangle in the game settings was melee, but during gameplay L1 was melee. Maybe it's just a problem with PS5 controllers? There's no way to rebind buttons unfortunately. Definitely practice in the training mode first.

Was able to fit in a match tonight. 3rd place with 5 kills. I kinda don't mind the touchscreen controls?

I found this room in the basement of Corneo's mansion O_o

View attachment 11529

Thanks so much for this info, it's very helpful.

What buttons let you select and use materia? I'm trying to get the hang of using a controller but I still can't figure out how materia is used with it :monster:

Reactions: Ite

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Just tested my PS4 controller and didn't run into any of the issues I had before. It's pretty comfortable. I'm thinking of taking my game to the next level and ordering one of those controller phone mounts.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Wireless-Controller-Holder-Bracket-Playstation/dp/B01MQ0BGOL

What buttons let you select and use materia? I'm trying to get the hang of using a controller but I still can't figure out how materia is used with it

Hold L1 to ready your materia, then press either L2, R1, or R2 to cast one your three magics.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Got it working with a controller on my partner's ipad! I won my tutorial match with 3 kills but have proceeded to be very bad in any real matches. I'm having fun finding locations from the game though! Player id is 85349730481 if anyone wants to add.

I added you :monster:

I need to find more people to add to my list lol

Hold L1 to ready your materia, then press either L2, R1, or R2 to cast one your three magics.

Wait, I'm using a PS5 controller, so what is it in backwards land? :monster:

EDIT: GODDAMN THESE PS5 CONTROLS!!! Why is the map inputted on the damn L3 Button?!?! If I'm running for my life and press the analog stick too hard, I just stand there, gawking at my fucking map. As I get brutally slashed and shot at.

Please fucking fix these control issues LMAO wtf.

Last edited:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I was pootling around on the edge of the map and heard a motorbike in the distance. Figured I'd try out aero, see if it affects bikes. Immediately killed by the bike. Figured I'd actually spectate this time (I don't usually). The dude has not got off the bike, nor has he encountered any other players. He just bikes around in a big loop.

I think I got killed by Roche :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Congrats! :monster:

Being the last one standing is all that counts.

I have yet to win a single match, but at the same time I'm not too bothered. The game does know how to incentivize you to play and find enjoyment in leveling up. I'm rather surprised I'm not raging at this game yet.

It also seems fairly generous. The random shit I've unlocked and won as cosmetics are actually cool looking. :wacky:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I forgot, someone add me too! 85063751340
I hope team matches means we can team up with friends. I'll do my best to fuck around on the battlefield and get all of us killed :wacky:

Off to practice the controls in tutorial mode, because I'm sure I'll get myself killed doing this in a live match. :wacky:

Top Bottom