• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL Anti-Cloud. :monster:

So has there been any other glitched shadow versions of the main characters? Do they just show up randomly in a match?

I wonder what would happen if you beat them?

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
^The Kingdom Hearts vibes are strong in this one. What's next? Dark Donald?
9k.png

Well, many see the whispers as something from Kingdom Hearts.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The actual Whispers themselves resemble no Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. They're merely hooded ghostly figures while Heartless are designed with a far more distinct and unique aesthetic. Now, the Harbinger resembles a more detailed Darkside heartless given it's size and general humanoid shape.

What the actual Whispers resemble, is Ansem's robed appearance as a disembodied heart. A design that was inspired by the FFVII Sephiroth Copies, by Nomura's own admission.

So in the end, it's all a circle. :monster:

Outside of Harbinger, this "Anti-Cloud" is hilariously the first, most "Heartless" looking FFVII thing I've seen yet. Although technically he should have yellow eyes but some Heartless do have red eyes when they're angry so lol

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He's deadass Anti-Cloud! How can anyone not see it? :wacky:

Ngl, that looks pretty hilarious and awesome. Randomly turning into Cloud and mercing your enemies sounds fun.

msia2k75

Pro Adventurer
Still have yet to get my first win. Got 2nd and 3rd a few times, but can't secure it.

I'd love to play more, but The First Solider just had to come out in the same week as Shin Megami Tensei V. There's sooo many weeks in a year, c'mon man.

One small thing I love is being able to fly round Midgar for 30 seconds as a helicopter before the match begins. Midgar is actually in 3D in The First Soldier! This is something Remake couldn't accomplish. Remake relies on skyboxes to render its world, which while incredibly detailed, also appear "flat" if you look at them for too long. It also led to a number of inconsistencies, but I digress. I'm guessing they relied on skyboxes to increase performance.

View attachment 11575

I like the projection technology in the center of the matchmaking room that's used to display Midgar. It's reminiscent of the projector used to display Diabolic Creation (aka Heretic Rayleigh) in Intermission.

View attachment 11577

View attachment 11581

Finally, just look at this Scorpion Sentinel skin on my mountain chocobo. Dang that's cute. Still won't get the season pass though haha.

View attachment 11582

The skyboxes appear flat is because they are in 2D.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So small Remake spoiler question here:

Does anyone think that the Heartless Anti-Cloud thing fellow here is similar to how Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj appeared in Remake as Whispers?

There's like, almost zero chance this means anything except a thin veneer of reasoning to justify adding Cloud to this game as a secret boss and playable character.

The game's overarching story significance starts and ends with "Shinra had Project 0 to create superpowered warriors and that is how SOLDIER was born as we know it." A lot of this game is just fun with FFVII-R assets and more.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
How are people judging the monetization model of this game? I'm getting the impression that the number of cosmetics, and how much money you'd have to pay to get them all, is possibly obscene.

YOU'VE CAPTURED THEIR STUNT DOUBLES!
It does seem like it's only cosmetics that you have to pay for, which I appreciate. If you don't mind looking indistinguishable from the majority of players, it's not really a problem, doesn't feel like it's pay to win yet.

They do also give you a reasonable amount of freebies, they're just the same freebies as everyone else so you all still end up looking the same. Which I guess is kind of in keeping with Soldier :monster:

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
So small Remake spoiler question here:

Does anyone think that the Heartless Anti-Cloud thing fellow here is similar to how Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj appeared in Remake as Whispers?
That is exactly what I thought up. In my mind this is another data point for believing in a new feature of the Lifestream. the whispers are closely related to Mako and the like. Perhaps living beings are all in the form of Whispers before they are born.

Or maybe they only look like dark and scary whispers because they are infected by Jenova or something. Maybe there are whispers out there that are different colors that don’t try to manipulate their futures

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think that was ever debated. Of course they're from the Lifestream. They're spirit energy beings from the future protecting the destiny of the planet which created them.

But I don't think the events of The First SOLDIER are in anyway a threat or inconsistency to the Planet's chosen fate. The Planet isn't conjuring a Whisper Cloud Strife to beat the shit out of SOLDIER candidates because they're coming too close to changing fate or something. This is like trying to extrapolate deeper meaning from a very straightforward and fun concept meant to enrich and extend the life of a mobile game. The developers are merely taking a concept (time travel as utilized by the Whispers in FFVII-R) that conveniently allows them a tongue-in-cheek way to insert a fun event which allows you to play as Cloud temporarily. It's just for fun. A "glitch space."

Nothing in The First SOLDIER is in any way careening off the course of FFVII's "destiny." I guess this is probably because of how The First SOLDIER is so clearly a game without a "story," and people are really looking hard for something to try to make it tie into the overall series narrative. When it just simply doesn't, aside from it being based on Project 0.

Like, honestly this is just a game. Like FFVII G-Bike or Snowboarding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom