Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Fade

SHR
Wtf those were straight-up pyreflies. Like, not even just "Oh, those kinda look like pyreflies" -- they just fucking are. Lmao

My thoughts exactly! I immediately Googled a picture of pyreflies and then showed it to my muggle partner, who totally agreed they were the same, despite knowing nothing about FF.

It's kinda neat that you can tell how much of a stamp FF left on the Millennial generation, with game designers, writers (and, apparently, marketers) coming into their own around about now. And, more generally, it's also true for the wider set of Japanese cultural exports that began in earnest in the 90s. There were some early glimpses of it with things like ATLA, but that influence is much more obvious now.

Even some of the old nerds get in on the action, like George R.R. Martin quietly borrowing the term "Onion Knight." Yeah, I see you, George.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
It's kinda neat that you can tell how much of a stamp FF left on the Millennial generation, with game designers, writers (and, apparently, marketers) coming into their own around about now.
I'd love to say great minds think alike, but eh, they most probably don't :mon:

While I'm here, I recall those days when I was a happy owner of PS1; buying a PS2 was beyond possible, but my dad's colleague would bring us tons of AMVs and GMVs on VHS - can you imagine that? One particular video left a long-lasting impression, and youuu guessed it: it was a FFX video combined with "A Thousand Years" by Sting. I can't express how much I love this video even today.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'scenario' in nomura's quote is a bit of a strong word to use since in japanese the loanword シナリオ can be used to mean a script and 'scenario writer' is the credit given to the script writer, so in the context of translated stuff about video games it might cause some confusion that there's something more concrete. whereas nomura used あらすじ which is a synopsis or rough outline.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Final Fantasy X 20th Anniversary Survey Results Reveal Players’ Favorite Characters, Music, Quotes & More

Most interesting for me was reading what fans want from a sequel.

What Players Want From A Sequel
Finally, surveyees were asked what they would like to see in a sequel to FFX.
  • “A prequel with stuff like Lulu’s past, or Braska’s journey.” (Female/20s)
  • “I’d rather have an alternate version of Jecht’s story with a happy ending than an X-3.” (Male/20s)
  • “If there’s a continuation to Tidus and Yuna’s story, I’d like to see it. But I would like to enjoy it as a story, not as a game.” (Female/20s)
  • “I’d like to explore the prospering Zanarkand that Tidus is from.” (Female/30s)
  • “X-2.5 was a huge shock to me, so I’d like a story where Tidus and Yuna can be happy. Also it’d be nice if Auron could be in it, if only just a bit.” (Female/30s)

Top Bottom