Final Fantasy XII

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I don't know why you're quoting the FF wikia as if its some legitimate source of insight or something. :monster:

Venat was nothing more than the Promethius of FFXII. He wasn't running anything, per se. All he did was help those he allied himself with and thus promote their ambition of taking control of history for themselves. He wasn't in it for the politics like Vayne and Dr. Cid were. It was merely an avenue to wrench the reigns of fate out of the control of the Occuria and back into the hands of humes.

Why does the Wiki get so much hate here? ><

But yeah, you're right Mako. Venat wasn't exactly *evil*, his intentions were to give the Humes control over their own history. The only problem is he did it by working with the villains since they were the best tools he could use.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
They were all allies, which is the point Cid is making when Balthier professes he is a tool. Vayne and Cid weren't being manipulated or led to their deaths. The three of them worked towards a common goal. And they all died together to achieve it.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Venat was female... Well, at least vocally... Is something different in writing?

I can kind of agree with you there, about Dr. Cid having an - odd sexual vibe about him.

PS: About 30 to 45 minutes to defeat Hell Wyrm! I'm now working on Yiazmat - so far, about four hours. A tad bit more than half way defeated...

Last edited:

pESCAbAdA

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I never post but I have to say after reading Arianna that you beat the Hell Wyrm in 30 to 45 minutes...how the hell did you do that? My characters are all level 62 and I haven't been to Giruvegan yet but I decided to start taking on this guy and I've been fighting him about 3 hours so far and he's not even half way dead. :(

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I started playing the International again since I never finished it, and found/remember something I didn't like about the job system: espers :monster: Maybe I just chose a bad combination of jobs, but giving one character an esper means that all the others won't be able to get certain licenses, which means you have to choose to sacrifice other character's licenses. Like Sumihaza, which you need to get the Archer's Heavy Armour 10-12 licences, Machinist's Handbombs 3, Red Mage's White Magic 7, etc.

It's too big a choice for me :monster: Some you could just skip (going for the higher level licences instead and letting another character have that esper), but others I'd feel like I'm missing out on something,

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I never post but I have to say after reading Arianna that you beat the Hell Wyrm in 30 to 45 minutes...how the hell did you do that? My characters are all level 62 and I haven't been to Giruvegan yet but I decided to start taking on this guy and I've been fighting him about 3 hours so far and he's not even half way dead. :(

Well, first off, it's a rough estimate. It could've been longer, but I don't think so... Anyhow, I used 'holy' infused weapons. The Holy Lance, etc. The Hell Wyrm is a 'dark' dragon (just as Yiazmat is a 'holy' dragon), so using 'holy' against him is taking advantage of his weakness. I found that helped a good deal. :)

(First note: To be absolutely truthful: I think I was lucky, as well!)

(Second note: Also, please realize this is my second time fighting this guy; I spent a good few hours the first time, and had to run in and out of the room constantly. This time around, I got him in one shot, no need to run out of the room at all.)

...Maybe I just chose a bad combination of jobs, but giving one character an esper means that all the others won't be able to get certain licenses, which means you have to choose to sacrifice other character's licenses. Like Sumihaza, which you need to get the Archer's Heavy Armour 10-12 licences, Machinist's Handbombs 3, Red Mage's White Magic 7, etc.

Are you playing the Zodiac Job version? I usually have no trouble giving my characters all the licenses... but that's what I do; every character has every license. And, I know nothing about the Zodiac Job version... I don't understand why you'd not be able to give your characters any license they need; unless you do not wish to give them the licenses that would open up those wanted blocks.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Some of the licences in ZJS are 'islands' separate from the which you need to use a summon to make a bridge to get to. Like the two at the top here:

ff12int_hnrshm.jpg

(Did they have those in the normal version? I can't remember now.)

But it still works like the regular version, so only one character can have a particular summon. Which means some characters have to miss certain licences. So if Ultima bridged to those licences in the picture, and you gave Ultima to Ashe, Vaan wouldn't be able to get whatever those licences were.

But then I remembered I was only playing through this time to unlock the New Game+/Strong Mode, so I just went and gave the summons to anyone :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Another thing about me fighting Hell Wyrm... My characters are level 95 - 97. The team I used was all leveled out at 97.

ff12int_hnrshm.jpg

(Did they have those in the normal version? I can't remember now.)

No, they don't have that in the version I have (International, Regular - I guess). Hmmmm... That really sucks! :(

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Hell Wyrm, Hell Wyrm...which one is that again?

Sochen Cave Palace - the hidden room (Hall (or something) of the Wroth God) you needed to solve a puzzle to get to, and then get the key from the Archadian researcher after defeating - one of the Level five or six marks - I can't recall the name. Vyraal, I think.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
What are some good places for levelling up?

I'm just at the final dungeon, but since I almost died during the fight with Hashmarim (or whatever his name is) I wanted to level up a bit for the final battles :monster: But I've not played it in a while so I've forgotten a lot now. I'm about level 45 right now, and was only really looking to go up about 5-10 levels.

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna

I'm just at the final dungeon, but since I almost died during the fight with Hashmarim (or whatever his name is) I wanted to level up a bit for the final battles :monster: But I've not played it in a while so I've forgotten a lot now. I'm about level 45 right now, and was only really looking to go up about 5-10 levels.

The secret area of the henne mines!!

//edit: nvm that's only a good area if you're around level 70

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

Henne Mines and Lhusu Mines are both good, mind you - hidden/advanced areas. I think those would really be the only places you could do so earnestly. Cerobi Steppe can help; equip the embroidered tippet on your team and go a-hunting.

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
We need to like, re-buy this game. My brother bought it, played a little, then lost it. Can't find it anywhere.

Once we buy it again I can form an opinion on it.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I find a good place to level up without having to do special Gambit set-ups and the like, is the Cerobi Steppe. Besides the normal enemies there, the Shield Wyrm is fairly easy to kill and drops some good loots.

Also, very easy money, since FF12 forces you to break yourself - go to Giza during the rains, there's a bunch of dead trees in the various areas, knock them all down (six) and they make a bridge to a new area in the south-east. You can find three or four Silicon Tortoises here, and you can easily kill them with fire-weapons or Firaga, whichever. You can Steal and Poach them for Aged Turtle Shells, and they drop them too, the Shells sell for 1000 gil a piece. And if you run two screens away and come right back, they respawn, and if you just flee past enemies on your way back you can chain them together and maybe get them to drop more than one Shell at a time.

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna
In the Henne Secret Mines area, the abysteel drop demon shields after an 80-chain (which is super easy to do if you're at a good level). I think those sell for quite a bit of money.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
In the Henne Secret Mines area, the abysteel drop demon shields after an 80-chain (which is super easy to do if you're at a good level). I think those sell for quite a bit of money.

They will drop them earlier too. :)

I have an idea for a little one-box spoof comic on FFXII - a comic bat with a shield strapped to itself.

How the heck can one get a shield from a bat?!

Just like in Raithwall's Tomb, what the heck does that bat need a BloodSword for?! (If you get a high chain, they (I think they are Steelers or Steelings) will drop the BloodSword.)

:P lol

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
They will drop them earlier too. :)

I have an idea for a little one-box spoof comic on FFXII - a comic bat with a shield strapped to itself.

How the heck can one get a shield from a bat?!

Just like in Raithwall's Tomb, what the heck does that bat need a BloodSword for?! (If you get a high chain, they (I think they are Steelers or Steelings) will drop the BloodSword.)

:P lol

How do any monsters in any RPG drop any items? I can understand how Malboro would drop Malboro Fruits, etc, but Potions? And gil? Maybe these items are left-over from other adventurers the monsters has eaten, and when you kill them you find the adventurer's equipment in the monster's stomach.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I can't get to Henne because I don't have 10 espers. I tried the bottom floors of Ridolana but I can barely kill one Abadon, so I'm just going around trying to get some better weapons. I wanted Emperor Scales to use for trades, but the only place I could get them now is a mob or those dragons (Alkeobis?) in the Zeltenian caves with 99999 HP that kill me in one hit :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
How do any monsters in any RPG drop any items? I can understand how Malboro would drop Malboro Fruits, etc, but Potions? And gil? Maybe these items are left-over from other adventurers the monsters has eaten, and when you kill them you find the adventurer's equipment in the monster's stomach.

In some games, monsters eat the currently for sustenance.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
... So I decided to start a new game, this time leveling up early on - so I'm not fighting to level up later in the game.

So far, I've got Vaan at 35. I've just started; the parade for the new consul has just finished. According to the faq that I printed out, leveling up Vaan alone will affect the levels of the other characters. By consentating on Vaan, the other characters will be either 1 or 2 points above him when you get them into your party during the events of the story - including non-playables.

Anyone else decided to do this - alternatively, it's called a 'perfector' game? It's - tedius; definitely testing of one's patience. :P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have never heard of that technique before, Arianna. Sounds interesting, and definitely tedious. How do you even get Vaan up that high so early in the game? lol

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I started a new game...

...at level 90. International's new Game+ <3 Then I stopped to play something :monster:

I have a book which gave a strategy for getting Vaan to level 99 early on, but I don't remember what it said now.

Top Bottom