• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so the mobile apps record keeper and mobius ff are both having ffxii themed events in japan. the record keeper one isn't really something to be surprised about since it's constantly running events themed around specific games, but the mobius one is more special. the only other time that's run a specifically themed event (barring a ffx/x-2 one that was just getting unique cards from the card summoning thing for a while) was after the ffvii remake reveal. there's two parts to this one, a main event region/area which i've not tried yet and a battle tower event where you fight the esper ultima. that one included models for ultima, the mandragoras bosses, and the strahl. which could be recycled like some of the other models used in the game (i'm suspecting ffxiv if that's the case)

but part of me is like, what if this means something

what you planning, square

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
a97.gif

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Every time I see this thread bumbed I always think a Remaster was announced.

It's really odd how XII is still the only main FF game on PS2 exclusively.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'm currently about 90+ hours in on a playthrough I started back on March 25th (taking my sweet time, as you can tell), but I've had to take several breaks from just playing straight through it due to final exams at the end of April, starting a work study at school, and going out of state for almost a week.

I've only just gotten to Balfonheim, but now I'm taking care of more sidequests and hunts. I only have two of the optional Espers at this point, Zalera and Exodus (and boy, did I forget how much of a bitch he was to fight this time around). All of my characters in the mid-40 range. My Clan rank is Riskbreaker, and but I have more than enough points to be the Order of Ambrosia--I just don't have 45 hunts done yet.

Every time I play this game I fall in love with it all over again. I can't explain it without writing a fucking novel on it. I just love this game so much. One day I will write a damn thesis paper on this game, I swear.

That's just some of my babbling for the night.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^XII is on the list for the next FF I play again. Haven't played it since Summer 2013; it was the second time, and it was even more amazing that time around. Had my own house, all to myself for about two months at that. Playing XII into the dead of the night, fire lighting, was bliss and (contrary to my setting :P) made me wanna explore our own world so badly.

I'm like you, lith, taking the time to play it - (my current FFVII playthrough started back in November, and I'm only on Disc 2 about to deposit the Huge Materia). FFXII the last time was about three/four months, I think. No travelling via crystal/airship - we shall take the path from the Sandsea to the Cerobi Steppe :D

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
. No travelling via crystal/airship - we shall take the path from the Sandsea to the Cerobi Steppe :D

Admittedly, that would likely piss me off a little bit. Teleportation stones all the way!

Somtimes when I'm feeling adventurous I'll hump it everywhere, just saving along the way even if I'm levels above the fiends (because you never know!) but if I'm trying to sidequest and get my bounty (I'm doing the Great Cockatrice Escape right now), then I teleport. Those things are so damn handy. :awesome:

This is probably the first playthrough where I haven't really worried about license boards or any of that. All of my characters had their Quickenings by the time I finished both of the Sandseas. I haven't used any Golden Amulets to double my LP because I grinded quite a bit early on, and hace just taken my sweet time exploring the areas, so my boards are pretty well filled out. I am using the Embroidered Tippets to double to EXP of my active party members though, because fuck that--leveling up characters once you're in the 40-50 range sucks quite a bit of [expletive deleted].

Got three more hunts done after I made my last post last night. One of them I had already finished, I had just forgotten to go find the Bangaa and get my bounty. Those hunts upped my Clan rank to Paragon of Justice. The Lindwyrm was a right pain in my ass by the end of it and Carrot was just annoying with spamming the status effects. Blegh.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Aaaagh you guys are making me want to finish my latest playthrough agaaaaain. Started it last year sometime and never finished it (got up to the point where you can go to the Pharos). But I was doing a shitload of sidequests during that run, and was also a bit over-leveled from all the hunts and stuff I did every time they were available. Soooo fun :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
DOOOO EEEEEEET.

And holy shite, I just found this on Instagram and laughed my ass off.

d31170a84c586640de8e1e5747ea4233.jpg

Just replace Balthier with Basch and I'm set. :megusta:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Currently 103 hours in. Still haven't gone to the Feywood yet. Finally finished the Great Cockatrice Escape sidequest. Got the last of the pieces for the first medallion in the Nabreus's Medal sidequest. Now have Adrammelech added to my list of optional espers I've defeated. Screwed around in the Nabreus Deadlands and the Necrohol of Nabudis a little bit, and even though our levels are about the same, the fiends are kicking my ass to the point where it's bothersome. Went back to the Zertinan Caverns after mucking around in the Sandsea, and once I find a save crystal I'm headed to bed.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'm now 113 hours and 16 minutes in. I just got to my first save point inside Giruvegan. My clan rank is High Guardian. Highest character level is 54, lowest is 52. Got the Esper Cuchulainn last night after trying and failing miserably to get Zeromus at the Stilshrine (first time I've actually had a Game Over screen on this playthrough btw).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
here's some details someone please celebrate with me

it's coming out for the ps4 in 2017

based on the international zodiac job system version, but will include further improvements and modern tech.

the backgrounds, character models, fonts and all 2d assets are going to be made higher resolution
movie scenes getting made high res
incorprating the latest graphical techniques

compatible with 7.1ch sound
high quality audio for the voices (maybe the eng ones won't have that weird tinny sound now??)
will include japanese and english voices (changable in-game via the config menu)
will include the original bmg and newly recorded versions of all the tracks (changable in-game too)

decreased loading times
added autosave feature
improvements to the high speed mode from izjs, and improved controls when playing in the high speed mode

also getting various other improvements to make the character growth system more enjoyable

thank you square i always believed in you

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really hope they stored the uncompressed audio files. It would be a shame to have it still sound all tinny

Fangu

Great Old One
Oh look, it's emulator resolution XII :wacky:

1) Well, that was about fucking time.
2) They announce it out of the blue, they didn't even put it to an event XD
3) IZJS, meh. I noticed right away from the gameplay in the trailer it was IZJS. Again, meh.

Well, hopefully they did something new with it so it'll be closer to a third version rather than IZJS, so there's that.

here's some details someone please celebrate with me
banana_dance.gif~c200

Edit:
I really hope they stored the uncompressed audio files. It would be a shame to have it still sound all tinny
This. It'll be one of the things I'll be looking the most forward to, along with hi-res pre-rendered cutscenes. And the updated sountrack, of course.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's probably just me, but it looks just like I remember it :monster:

That or Fangu's screenshots implanted the latest version of the visuals in my head.

(TBF though, I remember most games as prettier than they really are)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Didn't post this in the ZA thread because it didn't seem relevant to that topic, but whatevs.

This is Vaan's new look in the Dissidia arcade game and DAYUM.

CplEQENUMAAp-41.jpg

I think this look suits him so much better. He actually looks like a leading man here. :lol:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think that's what he wore in Revnant Wings. He and Penelo have their own airship now so he's gotta start looking the part if he wants to be a sky pirate.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No, of course not. Here it actually looks like he's a sky pirate who has come into his own.

In XII, he's just a gutter churl. :awesome:

Speaking of XII, I need to go finish my playthrough that I stopped when summer classes started...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's his Grimoire in the Rift outfit, methinks.

Either way, it's nice to see it in high def. I much prefer this look. :ego:

Oh maybe.

I could have sworn I saw a video of him dressed like this in RW but maybe I was wrong.

But yeah I do prefer him to look like this very much.

Top Bottom