• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
No, of course not. Here it actually looks like he's a sky pirate who has come into his own.

In XII, he's just a gutter churl. :awesome:

Speaking of XII, I need to go finish my playthrough that I stopped when summer classes started...

I love this look of him; Zodiac Age should allow outfit changes :awesome:

I need to finish my playthrough from last year... :closedmonster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Just resumed my playthrough a few days ago. Currently grinding on Dead Bones in the Nabreus Deadlands atm. Characters are in the Lvl 60 range.

And I'm reminded incessantly of why Reddas is the shittiest guest character. I don't even bother bringing him back to life half the time, because he's just going to die two minutes later.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, my characters were in the 60s when I beat Yiazmat... And the Pharos was hard for me on my first playthrough so I was glad to have Reddas around. Not to mention he's one of my favourite characters in the game.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
You're pre-Pharos and you're level 60? No wonder you find him shitty :P

Is that bad? Should I be farther along? Not everyone can be s00per awesome like Fangu!! Don't make me feel bad!! :joy: :P

I'm just taking my sweet time on this playthrough still. Farming and searching for hunt trophies. I only have 3 hunts left until I'm done with the regular hunts, and only a few left for the Elite Marks. And I want to level up a bit more before my second Gilgamesh fight.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Well, the guide books recommend level 42 for Draklor iirc, and finishing the game at around 50 something? I can't remember. But seeing as Reddas is your Guest for Ridorana + Pharos only, they don't expect you to be as high as 60. I'd say he stops being useful as you climb the 50's as you're starting to pretty much be powered enough for most Pharos mobs. (Your equipment and abilities should be up to date too ofc.)

Or, put in other words: Guests don't level up, so don't bother getting them until you're leveled enough to do the next main story quest.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I wish I would have waited so he wouldn't be such a nuisance to heal, but I didn't start traversing the Deadlands until after Giruvegan, when Reddas joins the party and... yeah. I've gone up at least ten levels since I got him. :closedmonster:

Usually if Penelo's in the party she keeps him healed pretty well, but if she's not, I don't bother unless I need the extra sword arm. He still deals out pretty decent damage. And to be fair to him, the Deadlands and the Necrohol aren't exactly forgiving locations. :lol:

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah I'd say those two are post-Pharos and probably post-game too. (At least Nabudis.)

You could have one of your casters put Decoy on your tank / highest HP members. That'll keep focus off Reddas. Which also means you could put him in critical HP for more damage - maybe even Berserk him.

/ critical HP addicted

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
If there's one spell I've always underutilized it's been the Decoy spell. I need to try that when I get home from school and see how that goes.

Probably should have thought about using Bubble for Reddas as well. That probably would have saved me some trouble. :closedmonster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Have your best caster set it as it might be a bit hard to land sometimes.

Hey, what about a Bubble Belt for Reddas!
Wait...

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Have your best caster set it as it might be a bit hard to land sometimes.

Hey, what about a Bubble Belt for Reddas!
Wait...

HAHA I wish! Would save me so much trouble.

My best caster--that'll be Penelo. It's rare when her spells don't land. :awesome:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
My strategy to survive in the Pharos underground dungeon and in the Great Crystall is to have all my party equipped with the Bubble Belt (permanet double max HP).

Speaking of HP here´s a piece of trivia that you may not know:

The characters have no HP cap, yes, they can have more than 9,999HP, the HUD of the game for some reason just simply doesn´t tell you, meaning that Vaan (6,360HP, the highest HP pool at LV99 in your party) actually has 12,720HP and not 9,999HP when having bubble.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
The only accessories I have equipped at the moment are the Embroidered Tippets, which double the EXP for active party members. Leveling up in the Overlooking Eternity area grinding on Dead Bones, which average about 1,200-1,400 EXP, and with the Tippets doubling that, I'm getting about 2,400-2,800 EXP per enemy for each character, so it really chops down some time. Racking up the chain gets me awesome loot (that often heals me!), even though it doesn't matter to me at this point because I have over half a million gil; but I choose to leave and go save anyway, just so I can teleport and sell the shit and come back (and save my progress).

But the only time I'm equipping other accessories is for marks, bosses, and summons, because you get no EXP for fighting them anyway, and my license boards are nearly filled out for each character anyway. I think this is the first playthrough where I've never used Golden Amulets.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I swear to god, I am absolutely fucking retarded this week as far as this game is concerned.

This is like the FIFTH FUCKING TIME I've gone on the hunt for a trophy beast or a rare beast to fill out my bestiary, only to figure out after doing all the required stuff to make it spawn THAT IT'S ALREADY IN MY FUCKING BESTIARY SINCE ULTIMA KNOWS WHEN.

FUCKFUCKITYFUCKFUCKFUCK.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
...is it bad that my party is 50+ and I'm not even to the Great Crystal yet?

Fangu

Great Old One
So I learned a few days ago that as of June this year there's an American runner holding the record for JP.

Considering this is PS2 boot up until THE END, this time is completely ridiculous. Gonna be very hard to beat. The run is pretty flawless too.

He also has the record for ENG, standing as just a little over 6 hours. Man.
When I first saw ema non's 6:23 something for JP a couple of years ago, I thought it would be near impossible to beat. But look at this new gen of runners eating away at the timer. I'm so impressed.

Lex

Administrator
I've actually watched a few XII runs recently out of "something to put on for bedtime" reasons (speedruns rule for bedtime watchage - not live because streamers with more than a pubic hair worth of followers like to "host" and while that's a nice feature it pisses me off when I want to wake up in the morning with the video stopped, anyway) and I've been enjoying them. Particularly Giruvegan for some raisin.

HAHAHAHAHA

^Laughing because mid-post I went to find the XII runner I watch on YouTube most and it's the same guy you posted (Roostalol on YT). Funneh

Fangu

Great Old One
Ya, he's Roostalol on Twitch as well. It helps that his voice is butter :monster:

He's a nice person too.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was watching the end fights and was like, vayne's jp voice is really nice and then the player said basically the same thing

man i want the ps4 version now

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Of all the weird shit to find on the internet...

Here's some FFXII Cactoid/Rogue Tomato pr0n for ya. :monster:

s320x240

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
While at work for my regular 2am shift, I took a gander at some of the new gaming magazines to hit the shelf, and a particular issue of EDGE caught my eye.

15085718_1134609013320494_4520701540487542799_n.jpg

So I started flipping through it, because I knew there had to be a Final Fantasy game in there somewhere, and guess what game made the list?!

15027384_1134609016653827_8015925293443254107_n.jpg

15078887_1134609039987158_7143450038249506924_n.jpg

15109534_1134609076653821_2791722746116270803_n.jpg

While I'm sure there are others bound to disagree, it makes my heart happy to see the gaming community still holding XII in high regards.

I can't find a link to an actual article, so cell phone pictures are the best I can do. I'd like to scan it, but I don't feel like paying 15 bucks for a magazine because of one article. -_-

Top Bottom