Final Fantasy XIII-2

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
VZRRC.jpg

Now this Serah, I like! I don't know, she just seems better.

But Lightning looks weird and out of it. Disheveled.

@artwork scans: ngl, that fox thing looks pretty damn adorable. And that city looks kinda like an acid trip carnival, but sweet. Is the cloaked guy in the 1st picture Odin?

The 'fox thing' is Cait Sith!!! :joy:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Why would she neglect playing an entire game that she likes because of one shit character? That's asinine.

Perhaps it is, but since she can't bear another game (not scene or chapter but game, in reference to FFXIII) of Hope whining, i feel obligated to explain that she doesn't have too. And never did.

Anyway, we're not talking about his reaction to his mother dying. Yeah, it was stupid. He grew out of it. By the mid point of the game he and Snow were the best of friends. Other then that scene where he randomly reverted back to his old self because SE had completely forgot to give him an Eidolon in the chapter dedicated to his character, Hope wasn't whiny. When I think of the traits that persisted in Hope throughout the game and SE has to assure us he doesn't have anymore now that he is grown up then all I can think of is that he is pretty annoyingly preachy. Other then that Hope's pretty bland.

Unless Snow kills Hope's dad in this game too and we watch Hope deal with it in a much more grown up fashion and that's where the comparison comes from. Unless that's the case I don't really see it.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
But at least Lightning being awesome is confirmed.

I'm sorry but unless they confirm Fang's appearance I'll be here like...Lightning...Oh xD. I really want her, and her VA. She was one of my favorite characters and even though I loved Lightning...IDK. Personally I find her story for this sequel is bleh.

I love Hope, but I really don't mind if people don't like him. Everyone is completely different.

@Arts
Odin! He looks good. And that little red/white animal? Completely adorable.

Fangu

Great Old One
@ arfurido

bb, when SE has to specifically go "lol he's back but less awful" it's not a good sign.
SE has to sell their stuff, which means that they always will try to appeal to the majority. And the majority seems to have hated Hope. (But a few of us didn't :))

Is that a Japanese or an American/European quote, btw? Not sure if Japan had the same feelings towards him, even though the "West" seems to have more red than green points for him.

Fangu

Great Old One
That chocobo looks so cool! Look at it flapping its wings - haha :D

Great to see Snow and Serah interaction. We didn't get a lot of it in XIII. Oh, and Noel is seriously growing on me.

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
The new Sunleth is so beautiful! while the one in XIII had kind of an enchanted forest/spring feel, this one looks so much like autumn. Loves it.

I also really like the new track, although it's pretty similar to the original one.

Chocolina's outfit, I just can't.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
For this:
And that little red/white animal? Completely adorable.

I give this:
The 'fox thing' is Cait Sith!!! :joy:

No. One. Listens. To. Me.

I am hated. :'(

:monstercraft:

:awesome:

Also, is
the new drug 'Stem' also called 'Crystal Dust'?

That totally gives me freaky thoughts of humans essentially eating the fal'Cies' crystals...

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Perhaps it is, but since she can't bear another game (not scene or chapter but game, in reference to FFXIII) of Hope whining, i feel obligated to explain that she doesn't have too. And never did.

That's a moronic thing to say none the less. She's not a retard, she knows all of that and despite her dislike of Hope it did not keep her from enjoying the game.

The fact that she is pleased by Hope's character being improved was a passing comment on a game she's interested in, that you just blew out of proportion.

Also, OWD that was the magazine that commented on Hope's awfulness, not SE.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
She's not a retard

not usually anyways :wackymonster:

The 'can't bear another game' was hyperbole, dude. I'm not going to not play a game full of characters I like because of one I dislike. And if the one I dislike has apparently improved, why on earth shouldn't I comment on it?

You got the impression Hope was "preachy and bland"; I got the impression he was whiny and annoying. Yes, he went through a lot of bad shit and had legitimate reasons (YMMV) for his bitching. Doesn't change the fact that he annoyed me.

Anyways, I meant to comment on this earlier, but Serah's "red riding hood" costume looks kinda...retarded, imo. I dunno I just don't like it at all.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
That's a moronic thing to say none the less. She's not a retard, she knows all of that and despite her dislike of Hope it did not keep her from enjoying the game.

The fact that she is pleased by Hope's character being improved was a passing comment on a game she's interested in, that you just blew out of proportion.

Also, OWD that was the magazine that commented on Hope's awfulness, not SE.

not usually anyways :wackymonster:

The 'can't bear another game' was hyperbole, dude. I'm not going to not play a game full of characters I like because of one I dislike. And if the one I dislike has apparently improved, why on earth shouldn't I comment on it?

You got the impression Hope was "preachy and bland"; I got the impression he was whiny and annoying. Yes, he went through a lot of bad shit and had legitimate reasons (YMMV) for his bitching. Doesn't change the fact that he annoyed me.

Anyways, I meant to comment on this earlier, but Serah's "red riding hood" costume looks kinda...retarded, imo. I dunno I just don't like it at all.

And the reason I'm not allowed to hyperbole whine back is?

Anyway, whether the reasons for being a b*tch were legitimate or not (probably not) don't really matter in this. He did it because of those reasons and then it ended.

For everyone to go "well thank god he stopped whining about his mother now that he's grown-up" Am I the only one that kept playing past chapter 7? It already stopped. You already knew it wouldn't be like that merely because we knew FFXIII-2 takes at some point after Chapter 7 in which he stopped being a b*tch to Snow and his dad. The last thing we see him do in FFXIII is talk friendly with Snow about how soon he and Serah are gonna get married. You people expected to go right back to whining about his mother until this article why? I'm really at a loss here.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The last thing we see him do in FFXIII is talk friendly with Snow about how soon he and Serah are gonna get married. You people expected to go right back to whining about his mother until this article why? I'm really at a loss here.

You clearly are at a loss because you're jumping to conclusions and saying shit no one has implied.

No one expected him to be exactly the same, but that didn't mean his character was going to be better either.

That's why people are happy to hear that he is.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
And the reason I'm not allowed to hyperbole whine back is?

...You are? I'm just not sure why you're so mad about an opinion.

You people expected to go right back to whining about his mother until this article why? I'm really at a loss here.

I'll admit it's been a while since I played XIII, but I'm pretty sure he was whiny in general, and not just about his mother/Snow. His bitching was a significant part of his character, it's perfectly reasonable to think that it might make a reappearance.

Fangu

Great Old One
Well, in one of the trailers for XIII-2 Hope does mention that he wanted to "[bring back] not just Lightning, but Vanille and Fang... and mom."

Let's give the man some cheese and crackers and watch the show yet again :lol:

Splintered

unsavory tart
It looks exactly the same as the Crystarium System in XIII. Not that I mind. Keeping it completely open is a plus. What I want to know is the weapon upgrade system, I hope they changed it. I honest to god hated the fuck out of it.

It looks like there's a bit of loading time when messing with your monsters in your deck in that one demo, but other than that, seems like it's the same.
I'll admit it's been a while since I played XIII, but I'm pretty sure he was whiny in general, and not just about his mother/Snow. His bitching was a significant part of his character, it's perfectly reasonable to think that it might make a reappearance.
The only issue I have with this is that Hope resolves his issues by chapter 8 and finishes his complete 180 by chapter 9. Chapter 10 has one of his "I'm not strong enough" moments before he summons Alexander, but that was less of a "We're all fucked, I'm weak, and I hate everyone who got me and my family into this mess and I'm going to kill them" and more of a "I don't want anyone hurt because of me." He even becomes team captain of "We'll never give up" towards the end and has a good corny speech or two.

It's a pretty significant change in character, I don't think we'll see a relapse. Or at least, the not the rage induced kind, and maybe the "I can't accomplish anything" like he had in chapter 10.

Fangu

Great Old One
Guess accessories have a separate value, somehow... because that can't be like "+20 strength force", because a lot of accessories are % based. Interesting!

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Increase accessory capacity by 20? wat?

IIRC in a previous interview they mentioned that accessories all have a point value assigned to them, and different characters have different maximum point allowances - so if you had 100 points of accessory capacity you could either wear 1 uber 100 point accessory or 2 50 point accessories. So it's not that you can wear TWENTY EXTRA ACCESSORIES because that would be...kinda awesome, imagine how overpowered you'd be.

but yeah. :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
I like how the crystarium system is sounding. I think I'll like having more freedom to choose where and when I branch out into different abilities better than XIII's original system. Also, I guess I missed the interview detailing how the accessories work, but that also sounds intriguing. I can see how they could use that system to make more sense of how different sized accessories would affect different people. Intriguing...

Top Bottom