Final Fantasy XIII-2

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I miss the times when games were just games.

Not games + novels + DLC + movies + spin offs all over the place.

I mean, yeah, we get a lot of more depth of story and stuff. But sometimes I find it difficult to keep up.

Random, I know.

Now for something a bit more in-topic; looking forward to starting the game :)

EDIT: I double-posted without even realising. Merged them posties.

Answering to earlier messages of this thread, I wanted to say I feel no shame for pre-ordering the game, and Crystal edition on top of that. It's just that... I wasn't sure of whether I'd get the game or not, and I end getting the expensive version. I'm a sucker for this kind of thing... But I'm happy with it! :)

Last edited:

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.

I mean, yeah, we get a lot of more depth of story and stuff. But sometimes I find it difficult to keep up.

Random, I know.

Now for something a bit more in-topic; looking forward to starting the game :)

I kind of agree, while I enjoy all the extra content like the costumes and stuff, I just wish it was as simple as just getting the game :sadpanda:

But oh well, it's a new generation.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I ordered the collector's guide. Mostly because since they started making them, the hardcovers seem to last longer :monster:

I don't want to talk about my FFX guide that is in pieces :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
My guides are all still in great condition, aside from my FF7 PC one that I bought in like... 1998. Seriously, the maps are falling out the back.

Not that it matters much, considering you can learn more about the game than the guide knows >_>. I'm glad they use PiggyBack now, so very glad.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
well I mostly use the guides for the maps. but FFX's just didn't fair well at all.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
My Final Fantasy XII's guide is falling apart. I did buy the collector's edition, but it was paperback within a cardboard 'casing' of sorts. But yeah, the pages are falling out.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Anyway, getting back on the topic, I know DLC is commonplace these days, but I really can't think of anything like this that has come before.
Alan Wake lol. It was a good game though. Apparently the new dlc has the "true ending" but I haven't bought it yet.

I kinda agree, I kinda don't. I love expanded universe stuff. I got all of the Gears of War novels because I think they're wonderful and a great read. But at the same time I don't like expanded universe stuff that's difficult to access. Like novels that are never translated (FFVII) or games on different platforms- which seems to be like a trend that's catching on way too fast (PSP Vita only Uncharted Noooooo).

I think they just have to be well directed. Things like the GoW books don't interfere with the story much in the games, although I'm not sure how anyone would get what happened in GoW3 without reading the books tbh. I think Square's got a problem with sequels and adding to the universe- it just seems messy and not cohesive all the while contradicting different moments, themes, characters, and settings.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

can't wait to have this thing in my hands, oh yes

I must confess that I like that they matched the design of the new guide to that of XIII's guide. They're pretty much identical in looks and layout.

Alan Wake lol. It was a good game though. Apparently the new dlc has the "true ending" but I haven't bought it yet.

Ah, okay. Haven't played that one yet. That's some crazy shit.

Splintered said:
I kinda agree, I kinda don't. I love expanded universe stuff. I got all of the Gears of War novels because I think they're wonderful and a great read. But at the same time I don't like expanded universe stuff that's difficult to access. Like novels that are never translated (FFVII) or games on different platforms- which seems to be like a trend that's catching on way too fast (PSP Vita only Uncharted Noooooo).

I can't put into words how sad I am about Uncharted: Golden Abyss being exclusive to the Vita. =(

Splintered said:
I think they just have to be well directed. Things like the GoW books don't interfere with the story much in the games, although I'm not sure how anyone would get what happened in GoW3 without reading the books tbh. I think Square's got a problem with sequels and adding to the universe- it just seems messy and not cohesive all the while contradicting different moments, themes, characters, and settings.

Square needed someone -- or a group of someones -- to have been in charge of approving new content. People whose job it was to make sure everything meshed.

Those of us here would have been perfect for it.

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
This livestream is flawless hnnnng
Serah's battle screams are so cute

The commenters need to STFU though, oh my god

Splintered

unsavory tart
I lol'd at them flipping out at chrome!cactaur. I don't remember them being story related so I'm not sure why they're scared. But it's awesome looking.

It's interesting to hear people talk about the soundtrack because the opinion seems about split. I've seen one or two reviewers absolutely love the thing and I've seen others loathe it

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I've heard that it has some good individual pieces (with which I agree) but overall it doesn't jive together at all. It's all over the place, etc etc is mostly what I've heard. Oh well, music's pretty subjective anyway :monster:

Celesta

Pro Adventurer
lol at the negativity.
I personally like the soundtrack.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the stream and look forward to playing the game on Tuesday.
I didn't watch the entire 2 hours, watched up until they started loading the saved games to show different locations.

Celesta

Pro Adventurer
yes good
except me and a few others were watching it on youtube and I was worried the others would get spoiled. especially since when they loaded that save.. XD but worked out!

only bad thing about watching that stream is it's made me want it even more

Yup, I stopped watching the stream after they almost unintentionally spoiled the ending while loading the first save point, lol.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
only bad thing about watching that stream is it's made me want it even more

Don't forget the guys talking too much. "THEY SHOULD TAKE A SEAT". xDD.
Honestly, I expected to hear more stuff from the game, but the commenters never shut the fuck up. that made me wanting to kick something.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah I see most people hating it too. But you really can't judge something that way imo. I personally don't like any of XIII's music. Besides maybe Serah's theme.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've seen about an even split. I guess that's kind of natural seeing as there are like, three or four composers for whatever reason. I love a lot of the tracks, but some get on my nerves. From the gameplay vidoes I've seen, the historiacrux theme drives my up the wall, I don't know how much I can handle the TIMEANDSPACETIMEANDSPACEANDTIME chanting. I hope they somehow dumb down sound of the lyrics when we play.

And some tracks work better in game. The Lake Bresha rap is lol, but while playing the demo it was actually pretty good. Now that I think about it, did they eliminate the vocal parts in the game or something, or just for the English version. IMO, good call. I hope they lay off the vocal soundtracks next game, I never liked them. Ever. I'm the kind of person who hated Eyes on Me in VIII so who knows.

I like Masashi Hamauzu's music, especially in XIII, although it was never my favorite. Except for Blinded by Light topping one of my favorite normal battle music soundtracks.

Top Bottom