Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1280.html

Comparison of old screenshots and newer versions.

The drop in quality is all the fault of it being made multi-platform for the XBox, according to the comments :monster:
You can all ignore this; the trailer shown on the NA version of ACC is the same trailer shown at TGS in 2008. SE has since improved on the in-game models a *great* deal with a new build. The news sites that posted this mistook the trailer as a newer version since it was released with ACC whilst it was actually an old trailer. (Others followed suit in order to get more traffic.) There's no actual drop in quality, so there's no need to worry or to argue about which system is better. If anyone is still unconvinced I can dig up screenshots comparing the old models shown in the trailer and the new ones based on the new build.

EDIT: Here, just to prevent another post later on.

I wanted to post this because there's been loads of threads created in confusion over the article
There was some sitehttp://www.uffsite.net/news/232/ff13...in-action.htmlreporting that FFXIII has seen a downgrade, and so GT has been spewing with hate all day.

ff13-acc1.jpg

'Newer build' is WRONG
That build was originally shown in October 2008 in TGS closed theatre, but has just recently been released to the public on a DVD. So people are assuming this recently released footage is new, but it's not.

It's the same build (if not older) than the demo which they released to the public earlier this year.
Stupid websites don't even know what they're talking about.

Proof
The audio of the TGS08 trailer leaked onto the internet one day after it was shown;http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/10/13/tgs08-final-fantasy-xiii-trailer-leaked-audio.htmlThis is the exact same trailer as that which was released publicly this summerhttp://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-final-fantasy/50923 (go to the end) - this is the same build as what is claimed is the 'newer' build in the OP

And since the demo (that build) we've seen an even newer build of the game (which fixes hands and shadows etc)

(These are screengrabs so forgive the quality)

2wf0b2g.jpg

2f04ocn.jpg

You can see it's a newer build because the shoulders are softer and both Snow and Lightning have a necklace, which isn't there in the apparent 'newer build' from that article.

l2.jpg
l.jpg

(left) 'Newer build' as claimed in article. (right) Actual newer build

so for all we know it probably looks a lot like that first image (which was a target render/PC render)

So in short; The 'newer build' in those images is actually the same as the demo build (if not older) and since then we've seen more recent, better looking builds (E3 09).
So stop screaming 'downgrade'- because that site is comparing an old build of the game with target renders.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, those low quality renders are poor even for the 360, it's capable of much more than that. The high quality renders seem pre-rendered, too.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Remember that female general from the trailers?

Well, she's not a general at all. :monster:

She is a Lieutenant Colonel in the holy government and her name is Jill Nabato. Jill was confirmed to be the nemesis of the game.

Female Sephiroth ftw! :monster:

Here's the scan from this info came from:

www_dotup_org49410.jpg

Source: FinalFantasy-XIII.net through FF_Compilations

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
She looks like a man with her glasses on. Now who is it exactly that she reminds me of... :huh:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Jill Nabato

Christ that's an awful name, and I don't see the resemblance to sefiros at all past the black clothes.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
It was just a reference to that statement Nomura made that Lightning was like a female Cloud.

Her nemesis had to be like a female Sephiroth. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
She looked like a female Sephiroth at a distance from behind. When she was first introduced that's the shot we got, and people cried, "SEPHIROTH!" lol

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Btw, another character was presented.

It was that guy with short silver hair, also from the army:

20090814_534915.jpg

His name is Yaag Rosch and he'll be a rival of sorts to Lightning and the others. According to the info i got, he'll play a role similar to the Turks in Final Fantasy VII or Seymour in Final Fantasy X.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Geez, that dood is by far the most generic looking character introduced so far.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Yes, but not in such high quality. :monster:

It allows to observe the little details in her uniform that would go unnoticed otherwise.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I seem to recall that exact same pic being posted :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
lawl, no big deal, I'm sure some people haven't seen it yet.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
People thought SHE looked like Sephiroth? I thought you were all still talking about that concept art picture (...although that was versus, wasn't it) Was it...just because she has long hair? Because that's the only similarity I see to Sephiroth.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes, but not in such high quality. :monster:

It allows to observe the little details in her uniform that would go unnoticed otherwise.

Such as the massive cleavage? :monster:

That said, yes people thought she was Sephiroth. She has long hair and a long coat, and when she was first shown it as at a distance, and in a shadow, so her hair almost looked silver and her coat looked black.

Top Bottom