Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
FANG :drool::drool::drool: That's it. That's the post.

She has that effect on people :awesome:

FF13 feels a lot like a good TV series but instead of watching commercials you're just interrupted by gameplay once in a while.

At the same time, FF13 reminds me of the era of old PS1 RPGs like Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire, probably because of the level design or strong female characters like Kida... Or, rather, Fang's outfit resembles Kida's in a way. I-I just love them both so much okay

LOL that's a fair assessment :monster:

But yeah, it's still fun and very entertaining.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Today I learned that Light knows how to hug people too, which was really nice to see, and the further into the game, the more personality she allows herself to show. Neat. I definitely like her a lot.

But one thing that annoys the hell out of me is-- no, not even corridors, haha-- it's how imbalanced the difficulty is. I struggled with Eidolons, I struggled with some bosses, and now it's just the same. First you run around and casually wipe mobs out, but then you're faced with a big ass airship that eliminates your entire party within less than a minute. I hate dying in boss fights and redoing them multiple times, and I hate looking up fighting strategies, but I often just don't have enough imagination or patience to come up with them myself.

Oof. Wish me luck. I really want to see where this story is going.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I'm halfway through The Palamecia (Chapter 9).

Snow has never been SO useless. It was fun a while ago when his defence characteristics were really the only way to deal mith mini-bosses in Palumpolum, but now? Dragging him along but he's not even a party member? Not even an optional one? This game :mon::mon::mon:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Snow's the kind of FF character who is whatever you make with him. While Fang makes an effective sentinel, Snow is the better one. Snow also is an effective spellcasting Ravager, because he has the shortest casting time of all characters. And his high physical attack makes him a really good commando.

Snow is actually really versatile. He's arguably best at being the punching bag sentinel tank but if you wish to make him a spellslinging mage, he works that way too.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I’m just gonna add my thoughts that XIII is definitely a good game and totally underrated. People didn’t mind the hallway gameplay in X!

The visual design of the world and the lore really stir the imagination, and the characters are great. Okay, so the plot’s a little insane, but I think the game as an entire package really draws me in.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I mean, I don't hate XIII and have played most of the way through it but like, corridor gameplay in X didn't feel like corridors because the environmental design was beautiful and varied and not.... a literal corridor lol.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Picked XIII again after putting the game on hold for a while. Just began chapter 12 and this is my current set up:

- Lighting (com/rav/med): Gladius gunblade at tier 2 maxed.
- Hope (rav/syn/med): Hawkeye boomerang at tier 2, to be maxed.
- Vanille (rav/sab/med): Pearlwing staff at tier 2, to be maxed.

Since chapter 10 I've been running that team when possible, plan to eventually add Fang (with Taming Pole spear at tier 2, to be maxed) and replace either Hope or Vanille with her.

Started to notice that some enemies HPs are skyrocketting into the millons, including regular foes, not just bosses.

Should finish the story in a few days but before doing that I plan to complete the LV5 crystarium for the main 3 roles of the characters.

Lex

Administrator
I bought XIII for the XBox 360 a month or so after it released because I didn't have a PS3, and borrowed my brother's XBox to play it. I think I enjoyed it. I know I really enjoyed it my second time through a few months later when I actually understood what was going on XD.

Ironically I got these for crimbo ~today~:

1672013420477.png

Never read them before but I will now!

SE need to do a trilogy remaster/ re-release. No matter what you think of the XIII trilogy it's weird they've left it hostage on two console generations ago. It's pretty playable via like, PS Now streaming/ XBox backwards compat and PC will always be PC, but I think one will come at some point.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I bought XIII for the XBox 360 a month or so after it released because I didn't have a PS3, and borrowed my brother's XBox to play it. I think I enjoyed it. I know I really enjoyed it my second time through a few months later when I actually understood what was going on XD.

Ironically I got these for crimbo ~today~:

View attachment 13255

Never read them before but I will now!

SE need to do a trilogy remaster/ re-release. No matter what you think of the XIII trilogy it's weird they've left it hostage on two console generations ago. It's pretty playable via like, PS Now streaming/ XBox backwards compat and PC will always be PC, but I think one will come at some point.
They're good reads. I have Fragments After in English and the Japanese Hard Copy. They would've made for some excellent DLC content honestly.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
They're good reads. I have Fragments After in English and the Japanese Hard Copy. They would've made for some excellent DLC content honestly.
Lightning in Valhalla, more about Etro and the lore. All the game needed.

Top Bottom