First time poster, long time lurker

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Hello all!

I'm Mole, nice to make your acquaintance.

I've been one of those hundreds of 'guests' you see lurking the page on a daily basis for many years, but I've bitten the bullet and decided now is the time to reveal myself.

I've been a fan of the series since I first played the OG all the way back in 1999 when I received a copy for my 10th birthday, and barring maybe the odd one or two games, I really don't think there's a JRPG or video game in general that holds a candle to FF7.

For me, it was like being a part of an interactive novel. I found myself gaining such an emotional attachment to these polygons on my screen and genuinely caring about what was going to happen to them. Square really knew (and still do know) how to pull on my heartstrings!

With 7 being my first experience of a JRPG, it was the beginning of my love-in with the genre. FF8, 9 and 10 followed, and before long I was checking out 4, 5 and 6. More recently, I've discovered the Persona series and have to say that P5 is well up there for me in terms of greatest JRPG's, although I'm yet to play the other entries in the series to date.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say 'hey'. This is a wonderful community and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Just a quick shout out to @Makoeyes987 @Odysseus and @cold_spirit for your always insightful posts and debates RE the wider FF7 compilation and @ThatGuyMikey for his absolutely compelling thread when he played the OG for the first time. It gave me life!

Top Bottom