FlashBacks

Velorian

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Througout the original there are a number of flashback sequences, and where you basically play in other areas. How neat would it be if these, sequences are narrated, over by the person telling the story? Like the kalm flash back, would it not be cool to hear cloud talk us through this while we play it? And when he says something wierd there be a correction from like Tifa? It's something I seen a lot in movies, but rarely in games. I think the scenario writers are gonna be up for this.

Especially when there is the part where some1 goes to play a piano and some1 else asks really? These bits I think lend themselves for voiceovers on top of voice overs. Or just to be interupted by someone with a slightly different memory as to the events of a certain time.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
A contextual narration like in the game Bastion would be cool, especially with optional stuff like going into Tifa's house. That would be a fair amount of work, but it doesn't look like they've shied away from extra work so far.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Given how they're handling the dialogue and music programming, contextual narration certainly seems like a possibility. It's just down to how immersive they want the flashbacks to feel. My gut instinct is they will want it to feel like you're experiencing them first-hand, so they would probably eliminate framing devices as much as possible.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I think that in that respect, one big difference between the OG and the remake is voice acting. I realize that with voice acting, a flashback can just be told as part of a dialogue between characters, and be conveyed in a powerful manner. Characters in games like Dragon Age would just tell their own stories and that would be enough - you can use your imagination for the rest.
I'm not saying they necessarily should use that method, but in some cases such as Elmyra's flashback, that would probably suffice. It might also depend on how far they'll go into creating 3d models of younger versions of the same characters :mon:

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
If this is narration on top of a cutscene then yeah. But solo spoken dialog after a while gets tiring. When you read and have to press X to continue it feels different.

Top Bottom