• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Forum software upgrade (for real now)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah. So, I guess an alternative is to add the alt with JS by using the CSS class, if there are easy ways to add custom scrips, that is.

Yup yup, and since we can edit templates and I'm sure there's one for 'ehh just dump your scripts here' that should be doable. Off course, if we go for that we might as well just edit the template so it renders with an alt tag and shit :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Still no clue when the migration is actually happening, have I missed an announcement or something?

Lex

Administrator
No, the date hasn't been decided yet. I've given my availability and kind of proposed the ideal conditions (i.e. Yop actions it overnight and several admin and mods are available the following day when the migration is complete but prior to it going "live" so we can fix issues that need fixing before public access) but it's down to everyone else to give their availability so we can set a date in stone.

I'm available all this week and I think any Saturday/ Sunday in the coming months, all my upcoming social engagements are on Fridays >_>

Just want to reiterate to everyone aswell that while XF is an upgrade in every respect the new forum will be a work in progress when we move for a time so please give us your help (and patience) while we work to implement the features and requests we've been discussing :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think we should just idk, throw a dart at a calendar :monster:

I will insist on at least two weeks notice though. Unless everyone's already in a mode where it could happen tomorrow or whatever.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I want to get this over with but if we do a two weeks notice how about the second weekend of August?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
How about the third of August
The third
The day after the second
The day before the fourth
Two days after the first
Twenty two days before the twenty fifth

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Do it on the 16th of August, that way, when I land in Germany on the 17th, it'll be all changed and symbolic of my new life and shit :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ehh chances are we're still doing shit then, :monster:. I expect the whole thing to take about 24 hours, if we're okay with opening the floodgates before fixxing some smaller stuff.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Ehh chances are we're still doing shit then, :monster:. I expect the whole thing to take about 24 hours, if we're okay with opening the floodgates before fixxing some smaller stuff.

AHEM. If you're doing two weeks notice then you need to announce it pronto because I'm not getting on that shitty plane to sit and watch you tap fuck out of that clacky keyboard. :watchingu:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yes ma'am, :monster:. Also here I was thinking you dig that shit, me being all loud pro hacker like, :p.

GAIS WHEN DO WE MOVE, GIBE DATE NOW. Given at least two weeks notice, I can do the weekend of 10/11/12 August, and the next (starting fri 17th), and the next, (starting fri 24th), and the next (fri 31st), but not the 7th or 14th of sept because kupocon will be a thing then and I'll be off for well over a week. Also depending on when Mage is coming over at least one, maybe two of those dates will also become unavailable :monster:

GAIS WHEN DO WE MOVE, GIBE DATE NOW. Given at least two weeks notice, I can do the weekend of 10/11/12 August
I can do the weekend of 10/11/12 August
giphy.gif

Make it so! :mon:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah I'm down for 10/11/12th August.

@Force, Yop will start the transfer in evening EU time on Friday and then we'll start working on it when the transfer's done on Saturday morning(ish) whenever it finishes, so that date seems to suit most of us.

Staff should have a meeting (on discord, over voice) at some point beforehand to click around the current test backend for a while and get used to where everything is (and discuss it).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
All right, I'll mark it in my calendar or will order my flunkies to remind me, :monster:.

ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT: Shademp reported two issues yesterday:

* Japanese texts in the forums do not transfer over correctly - probably has to do with how they're encoded in the current database. There's a question outstanding on the Xf support board.
* Related, quotes within spoilers or vice-versa did not show the 'read more' button, so not all their content could be viewed.

I'm hoping there's going to be an answer for that - and I will do a bit more research - but there is a chance we will have to fix things like that manually.

I will keep the old forums around indefinitely - I'll see to putting it in archive / readonly mode, which probably involves turning off post / edit / etc permissions for all usergroups, and I'll have to hide it from search engines. That will be a lot easier if we can reduce the number of usergroups before the migration. So if there are older posts that are becoming illegible, there WILL be a way to retrieve the original. Restoring the posts will probably be a matter of editing / quoting the original post and copy / pasting the raw text field contents over. Xf does / should support native japanese characters (and probably emoji too, lol), making it moar future proof than vB was.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Right, I'm doing a thing, I'm merging and cleaning up usergroups.

Until we've finished moving, I'm putting all donators into the single donator usergroup (we had separate usergroups for each individual colors). Once we've moved we'll have to revisit this thing.

You'll get to pick a new color, :awesome:

For now, I've made it so that donators are a secondary usergroup set to the display usergroup. Actually please help me with this, can anyone check if they still have the right permissions and access level? Else I'll have to set donators as primary usergroup anyway. It's no biggie, just need to remember to not move staff to have donators as primary usergroup.

EDIT: OKAY heck I'm figuring it out now. Here's what:

* All secondary / colored Donator usergroup memberers have been moved to the regular Donators usergroup (both primary and secondary usergroup members)
* All non-staff users (Registered Users) that are donators have Donator as their primary usergroup
* All staff and other such users that aren't Registered Users have Donator as their secondary usergroup

Please let me know if shit's fucked.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
As far as I can see, I can still view threads that are in the donator's bit and that, so I reckon it looks good :D

Nice work man

Top Bottom