I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
495018.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I took the liberty of editing your spoiler tag a bit, I misread it as "Latest ep", i.e. ep 9 spoiler. Still, I knew they were gonna put that in, would be a loss if they hadn't :monster:.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Perfection. Video contains spoilers all the way up to episode 9 of the current series.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It was an unimpressive season finale, it was going to be very difficult following up the RW and they left all of the other big things from the end of book 3 for the beginning of season 4 but that left the season 3 finale with hardly anything interesting to work with. On the plus side since Ygritte is not dead yet I can go for another year pretending she might survive.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
7288_663880680304087_169559933_n.jpg

Tyrion would be a pretty good character to build a deck around, probably :monster:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I think this season finale is the weakest. There were too many characters crammed when just a handful is necessary to keep the finale satisfying enough. I mean in S1 after Baelor it's just so painful to see how the Starks react and how this is a trigger of something to come. But after the Red Wedding we didn't get the same effect especially from the Stark sisters. We get like five seconds of Sansa crying. *is really angry*

And my gosh I love Dany but the end scene makes me really uncomfortable.
I agree that the final scene is only fitting to show her with an army and a lot of subjects but damn the whole scene at the end felt like a feeding program for POC's. I know what's gonna happen because of her actions but I guess the writers should have toned down because has really some white imperialist implications. I think they could have removed or shortened scenes in Dragonstone, Shae, and Castle Black.

My favorite thing: Asha Greyjoy

Last edited:
I don't generally come into this thread cause the book readers, while marking spoilers, hint at things that would diminish my enjoyment of the series.

That said, I came here purely to post this:

fe4NUDb.gif

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Also I agree with most of the people in this thread regarding the finale. It didn't really have much going for it.
Dany with her big army and all her freed slaves is great for an episode ending but it doesn't leave you with much to be concerned about for the next series. We knew she was a force to be reckoned with when she gained the Unsullied. Also, even though I don't read the books, I knew something was supposed to happen at the end of this third book and it never did so I was left kind of wanting.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
"In this mysteriously leaked DVD commentary for Season 4 of “Game Of Thrones,” author George R.R. Martin drops some MASSIVE plot bombshells. You’ve been warned."

Ghost X

Just finished watching all 10 episodes of season 3 in the last 24 hours :P.

I think the mother of dragons storyline was probably the strongest sub-plot in it. I hadn't really enjoyed it until this season, tbh. Enjoyed the other developments too, of course, but I felt they were weaker than they had been previously. We go into the fourth book now, right? Which is lauded as being the worst of the books so far? Hopefully the TV series can make it good or something =p.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Season four is probably going to delve somewhat into elements of books four and five (which mostly overlap in chronology, although book five also covers events that occur past the end of book four), but the show still isn't finished depicting events of book three. Most of what's been depicted comes from the first half of book three, although if memory serves
the Red Wedding
comes from its second half, barely.

Book four isn't as bad as it's often claimed to be.

Ghost X

Iirc, the producers said they'd only make seven seasons, so I suspect they plan a bit of plot cramming somewhere.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I've never heard them say that. The plan was always to split book three over two seasons and I seem to remember hearing them saying books four and five (which they're presenting in internal chronological order rather than split up by character like they were in the books) might even take three. This series is a pretty big cash cow for HBO. I don't see why they'd set up an arbitrary restriction on the length of the show when it's pretty obvious that doing so would probably mean cutting away more material than would be reasonable for a pragmatic adaptation. It'd be like adapting The Eye of the World into a two-hour film (which has actually been proposed by the idiots who controlled Jordan's film rights) - you'd end up cutting away so much material that it'd no longer be recognisably The Eye of the World. People claim that not much happens in books four and five, but there's no way you could condense that material into ten hours of screen time without making it no longer recognisably A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, especially since A Dance with Dragons is even longer than A Storm of Swords. I imagine the last two books are going to be even denser, plot-wise, considering how much of books four and five is introducing new characters.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Peter Dinklage is cast in Destiny

IGN said:
Peter Dinklage will lend his voice to Bungie's Destiny, the company has revealed.
The company's community manager "DeeJ" told Sony in a new video interview that the actor best known for his role as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones would be heard in the upcoming title.
"Peter Dinklage is the voice of the Ghost in this demo," he said. "As you learn more about Destiny, you just might be hearing more from him."
Sauce

I probably couldn't be happier.

Repost from Destiny thread.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Tyrion the Pimp

Top Bottom