• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Game of Thrones

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
maxresdefault.jpg

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah so I watched the trailer literally minutes after it aired while I was at work. Like I actually stepped out of the office lol. After the promotional photo dump by Entertainment Weekly, I knew a trailer wasn't far behind so I was literally stalking Twitter to see when it would start trending.

But uh yeah. Hyped doesn't even begin to cover the emotion I've been feeling since watching that trailer.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
This thread's awfully quiet for a Fantasy forum.

Fairly good first episode. Nothing special though. Bran's lurking was the best part. Lol did he actually wait in the courtyard all night?

Lex

Administrator
I don't know how this managed to happen, but I look forward to every single scene that Sansa is in now. Since her escape from Winterfell she's quickly risen to be one of my favourites even though I couldn't stand her in the earlier seasons. Oh look, actual character development. This probably means she's about to die lmao

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
A lot of people seem to love her now. While she's definitely less annoyingly incompetent than she was, I'm not really seeing the draw.

She just learned to be assertive and get a bit of self-esteem. But if you actually try and list the positive accomplishments she has, compared to all of the other main characters, she's pretty much bottom of the list. She's done fuck all, except had really good allies due to her family name.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I swear the Battle of Winterfell was one of the most tense hours of my entire life!

The fact that it was episode 3 made it so much better, because you genuinely had no idea who was going to win.

Also.....
1) I can't believe they actually fell for the "you'll be safe in the crypts". You deserve to lose quite a few people for that lazy unforced error.
2) Where the fuck did Melisandre come from?
3) Were those single-use catapults and trebuchets? I'd have gone with the reusable kind.
4) Did both the good dragons survive? It wasn't entirely clear. I think they did.
5) Night Kings don't take fall damage?
6) What the hell happened to there being secret passages in the castle you could escape through? They literally said there was in an earlier season.
7) Shouldn't Jon be immune from fire if he's a Targaryen?
8) Jaime has the thickest plot armour ever. No way would he survive that with his left hand.
9) Epic ending. The only thing that would've made it better would've been if the Hound had thrown her. Guess that would've been hard to work into the quick surprise though.

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Quite a lot of people seem to be pissed off with how that ended. I kinda see their point in terms of the larger story, a different ending to that battle might've been better. But I was just so caught up in the excitement of it that I didn't really mind. The one thing that did seem a bit poorly written though was.....
Arya being the one who killed the Night King. She'd barely even heard of him until a day before. Feels like it should've been someone who spent their time in the north concerned with the walkers for several years at the most. Kind of narrative harmony type thing..

Fangu

Great Old One
I got up much earlier than usual to cook breakfast and watch it with my boyfriend before work. Absolutely no regrets.

Quite a lot of people seem to be pissed off with how that ended. I kinda see their point in terms of the larger story, a different ending to that battle might've been better. But I was just so caught up in the excitement of it that I didn't really mind. The one thing that did seem a bit poorly written though was.....
Arya being the one who killed the Night King. She'd barely even heard of him until a day before. Feels like it should've been someone who spent their time in the north concerned with the walkers for several years at the most. Kind of narrative harmony type thing..
While that makes sense on one level, on another it totally makes sense it would be Arya. She's been prepping for this moment since season 1. Melisandres last words to her before she runs off to find the Night King is what Syrio Forel tells her about the God of death. The Night King is the leader of the army of the dead, and so it falls to Arya to tell him 'not today'.

Also I love that Twitter meme I saw that was like... they said no one could kill the Night King, but Arya is literally No One. lol.

I also joined Team Early Morning Europeans to watch this episode, knowing full well what a big event the episode would be. I, too, have no regrets. 100% worth it.

Lex

Administrator
I got up much earlier than usual to cook breakfast and watch it with my boyfriend before work. Absolutely no regrets.

While that makes sense on one level, on another it totally makes sense it would be Arya. She's been prepping for this moment since season 1. Melisandres last words to her before she runs off to find the Night King is what Syrio Forel tells her about the God of death. The Night King is the leader of the army of the dead, and so it falls to Arya to tell him 'not today'.

Also I love that Twitter meme I saw that was like... they said no one could kill the Night King, but Arya is literally No One. lol.

I've actually read a lot of other stuff that seems to hint from early on that Arya would be the one to kill him (and the "Inside the Episode" thing on HBO's YouTube says they've known this would be the case for years). For instance, Bran gives her that dagger in that exact location at the end of last season. Melisandre says that "brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes" line to her in Season 3. Have to say I find it funny how many people think it's an asspull when it's been planned and hinted at for so long.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Have to say I find it funny how many people think it's an asspull when it's been planned and hinted at for so long.

Except most of those original "hints" weren't intentional at all. They're ambiguous things that have just been retrospectively reinterpreted. Except the Bran thing, that was probably intentional.

They said they chose Arya about 3 years ago. The "brown eyes, green eyes, blue eyes" thing was about 6 years ago, and so almost definitely didn't mean that originally. Brown, green and blue are literally just the main colours of human eyes. It probably meant nothing more than "you're gonna kill a lot of people". Same with that "God of Death" line. That's Season 1. They definitely had no idea Arya would do it back then, so that's just retrospectively reinterpreting something.

Top Bottom