General teams information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
This.

Also, I'll go set it up. I'll use The Gig for now, until a proper name is chosen. Don't really know who this team belongs to. Aaron is already running "Great Justice". Iirc, he said he was only willing to run one team, might be wrong tho. So, I'll just figure that out later and transfer the team, wicba.

I'll run it. And i'm being serious here.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
That sounds banter, lets do that.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
You've long passed the point where such comments would have any comedic value to them.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Since when there was a limit bar to comments? :comedian: WHY WASN'T I GIVEN ONE WHEN I INSTALLED REAL LIFE??

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Since when there was a limit bar to comments? :comedian: WHY WASN'T I GIVEN ONE WHEN I INSTALLED REAL LIFE??
Advice_dog_stop.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
In other news, I've started the obligatory FF themed team :monster:

But the question is...what should it be focused on? Do any members have any opinions they'd like to share on what the team should be focused on, aside from the usual competitions, group membership and the like? I'm thinking it should be FF in general, or SE in general, and what not. But any other thoughts or opinions would be welcome ^^

A

Great Old One
What exactly is, "Those Chosen By The Planet" and "The Gig?" There's no description, so I was wondering.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
In other news, I've started the obligatory FF themed team :monster:

But the question is...what should it be focused on? Do any members have any opinions they'd like to share on what the team should be focused on, aside from the usual competitions, group membership and the like? I'm thinking it should be FF in general, or SE in general, and what not. But any other thoughts or opinions would be welcome ^^
Probably that :awesome:

The Gig is the music one, tho.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I realize that our teams have barely had their umbilical cords cut, but I'm curious to know what sorts of activities are being planned for each team? I bring it up because I think specific projects would help garner interest, and they may also help members decide which team(s) they would join and devote the most time to. Initially, at least.

If activities are still being decided, then I suggest we use this thread to brainstorm some ideas. I'm going to throw just a few out, though I'm not sure how feasible or interesting they are:

• Member/Staff interviews/profiles?
  • Art? Banners/flash trailers/etc?
  • Community theme song? :awesome:
  • A TLS comic/comic strip?

Some ideas may requires teams to collaborate, but I don't see any problem with that given that they are not exclusive.

Other ideas? Or is stuff like this too much?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well there definitely will be graphic competitions I imagine. As for staff interviews and profiles? Are you talking about the staff here on this site? o.O

Not theme song though :monster:

And a comic strip? Nani?

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Mako Eyes said:
Well there definitely will be graphic competitions I imagine.

Can we get more specific? What sorts of graphics do we have in mind?

As for staff interviews and profiles? Are you talking about the staff here on this site? o.O

Of course. :monster: They don't have to be too invasive, but it might be cool to know more about who makes TLS project work and how. But I suggest putting regular members under the microscope as well. :wacky:

It would be completely voluntary, of course.

Not theme song though

Damn. :rage:

And a comic strip? Nani?

A comic may be hard to pull off well, and I don't expect that it would have a regular release if it were taken seriously. I'm imagining something like a team of our talented artists and comedians creating a small page (or 1-3 panel) comic designed to have a humorous take on current community events. Obviously the comic would have to be tasteful and require approval before publication. I don't have great art skills or much of a funny bone so I'd probably pass this off to someone who knows moar about WTFthardoin'.

Bear in mind the comic was mostly just a random idea, therefore perfectly liable to be shitcanned. In fact, most of these were off the top of my head (i.e. brainstormed). But I wanted to get the ball rolling on some concrete ideas for what team members can start cooperating on once they join. Desu.

P.S. And if people have more ideas it would be great to hear them. :whistle:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Can we get more specific? What sorts of graphics do we have in mind?

Depends on what team members would be interested in. We haven't even begun to think about competitions yet for obvious reasons. But, one example would be a signature or a wallpaper comp, where each team would create a sig/wallpaper that represents their own team.

We'd have writing comps. Ex. Poetry, short stories, scripts, etc.

Hell, if people are willing and it's well organized, we could have a video game competition on the PS3 or Xbox.

Skies the limit, tbh.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Depends on what team members would be interested in. We haven't even begun to think about competitions yet for obvious reasons. But, one example would be a signature or a wallpaper comp, where each team would create a sig/wallpaper that represents their own team.

We'd have writing comps. Ex. Poetry, short stories, scripts, etc.

Hell, if people are willing and it's well organized, we could have a video game competition on the PS3 or Xbox.

Skies the limit, tbh.

Thank you. :monster:

I have a feeling that I'm still a little ignorant about what teams do and how they function, and perhaps to an extent we all are since this is is the TLS flavor. Nonetheless, that there is such a broad/infinite range of possible activities is helpful to know.

Perhaps we shouldn't expect teams to take off right away (despite majority approval), but my logic was that if a team has something fun to get started with, then we'd see more people join more quickly. I'm not necessarily suggesting stuff like competitions yet, but stuff to cooperate on immediately might help. Like a carrot on the stick kind of thing.

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
  • Member/Staff interviews/profiles?
    [*]Art? Banners/flash trailers/etc?
  • Community theme song? :awesome:
  • A TLS comic/comic strip?

we used to have these on our times, :monster: which makes every team awesome but yeah, problem is, we don't have these yet .

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I was expecting the teams to become massively active from the start, tbh, and for them to be able to sustain themselves based on their content / subject, instead of having to organize competitions to promote them, :monster:.

A

Great Old One
I was expecting for a ton of threads to pop up, but I was wrong. :monster:

Graphic contests would definitely be good in my opinion, especially because it seems like a lot of the members here are willing to vote/make graphics for this site, and the current contest that they're holding right now. As for what they earn if they win, I'm not sure - do they just win, or will something be added if they do? :monster:

Last edited:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I admit I've hesitated to join because I was rather vocal against their creation, and so I wanted to see how they would do when they were rolled out. Little activity was not what I was expecting, either.

So, either we wait, or we find a way to solve the problem, or we nix it as not worthwhile to maintain. I'm against the very latter since teams were something that the majority wanted, and it would be bullshit to take them down just because of a few days of inactivity.

However, I'm going to be very blunt and say that it would be nice to see members who were for the creation of teams have a little more hand in their development, i.e. start some activities/discussions or at least get a recruitment campaign going. It seems like a slap in the face to the staff who are helping to create and lead these groups to not be a little more proactive.

But maybe I just haven't had my go juice yet and I am being bitchy speaking too soon.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think if each team has sections made for specific discussion etc. At the moment, they just seem like a 1 page sections with no real organisation. I actually thought they weren't set up fully yet.

EG In comics section, there could be a section for artists, to post their own work and share useful tips and tutorials they've found/made. Another section for discussion of adaptations. Keep the main page for things like announcements and team based discussion etc.

I'll wait a few weeks to see how this goes before deciding if i want to join. Im still a bit unsure about how it'll work.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I actually think we could have the same policy on new sections in teams as they are on new sections - post first, sections later. As in, a section on 'artists' can be added if there's enough discussion on artists in the teams themselves. If the teams can't even be active enough in one section, why add more?

Also, I refuse to allow the copypasta of existing public sections inside the teams. They're supposed to add to the forum, not replace parts of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom