• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General TV thread

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Watching sex education season 3 and I feel like it’s jumping the shark. Why do shows needlessly mess with character relationships just to squeeze more drama, especially when there are plenty of other characters they can do stuff with.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Anybody here watch Final Space? Been meaning to watch it for a while, after stumbling across a clip of it on YouTube (which spoiled one of the biggest scenes), and finally got round to starting on S1 a few days ago after seeing that S3 had just dropped on Netflix.

About 7-8 episodes in and I’m already a huge fan. I’m a sucker for most things animated, and also Sci-Fi stuff (except Futurama, which was a colossal disappointment for me), so this is right up my alley.

Unfortunately, on the same day S3 was released, it was revealed that the show has been cancelled. The show’s creator is looking for other ways to finish the story, and it’s not impossible that it may yet be saved, but as it stands it looks more than likely we’ll never get an ending to it. Which is a colossal bummer… ☹️

Mobius Stripper

perfectly normal human worm baby
AKA
PunkassDiogenes
Anybody here watch Final Space? Been meaning to watch it for a while, after stumbling across a clip of it on YouTube (which spoiled one of the biggest scenes), and finally got round to starting on S1 a few days ago after seeing that S3 had just dropped on Netflix.

About 7-8 episodes in and I’m already a huge fan. I’m a sucker for most things animated, and also Sci-Fi stuff (except Futurama, which was a colossal disappointment for me), so this is right up my alley.

Unfortunately, on the same day S3 was released, it was revealed that the show has been cancelled. The show’s creator is looking for other ways to finish the story, and it’s not impossible that it may yet be saved, but as it stands it looks more than likely we’ll never get an ending to it. Which is a colossal bummer… ☹️

I am still mad about Netflix doing this to The OA.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Netflix does this with a bunch of things, they do one or two seasons, see if it's a runaway success and if not, cancel it because they don't give a shit, they've got money to burn and a hundred other projects to work on.

Fangu

Great Old One
Just finished Strangers from hell. I liked it. A bit slow at times but that really didn't bother me. Just the right amount of unease. Now if only SO could get ready for Squid Game... it's had a lot of hype, curious to how it holds up compared to my other fave horror K-dramas.

Imperial Black

Rookie Adventurer
I began my Squid Game binge the other night and was somewhat disappointed to learn that Lee Jung Jae wasn't the young lad from the Goonies. I think it was his outfit and the hat he wore at the ATM scene. I'm enjoying it for what it is. I think the marble episode was particularly poignant but well done.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Midnight Mass on Netflix. Directed by Mike Flanagan and imho surpasses The Haunting of Hill House.

The most terrifying part
wasn't the vampire, it was the adults willfully ignoring all evidence and dooming their own children. Definitely a parable.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
ARCANE on Netflix, the League of Legends animated series. Watched the first (for now only) three episodes and as casual fan of the game I left very satisfied.

The opening episodes do a pretty good job at introducing the universe and characters and making you care about them, there's a lot of promising set up for an even more emotional and dramatic story down the line. While it's too early to tell if the story will hold up together in the next six episodes, the quality here gives you at least hope that it will.

Outside of narrative the show itself looks gorgeous, the animation and craftmanship in display left with the same awe feeling that Into The Spider-Verse did a few years ago.

All in all, an excellent intro to League of Legends for non fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wol

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
ARCANE on Netflix, the League of Legends animated series. Watched the first (for now only) three episodes and as casual fan of the game I left very satisfied.

The opening episodes do a pretty good job at introducing the universe and characters and making you care about them, there's a lot of promising set up for an even more emotional and dramatic story down the line. While it's too early to tell if the story will hold up together in the next six episodes, the quality here gives you at least hope that it will.

Outside of narrative the show itself looks gorgeous, the animation and craftmanship in display left with the same awe feeling that Into The Spider-Verse did a few years ago.

I was watching the reveal of this on sab and b's insta since they work at riot and gotta say I was impressed with the lineup they had for promoting it. Mike shinoda FTW!!!

Anyway came in to rant as I finally caught up with season 2 of prodical son. Martin Sheen is like the epitome of bad guy you just want to win and the season end was a hell of a cliffhanger but just read they have cancelled the show so that's a bit shit

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Watched the second batch of episodes and the show still remains incredible, excited for the finale next week.

The show has had great songs through its run, this one from the episode 6 is my current favourite:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Finished watching Arcane, it was amazing. Easily the best thing to have come out of League of Legends.

Mobius Stripper

perfectly normal human worm baby
AKA
PunkassDiogenes
I finally got around to watching Succession. I wasn't impressed with the first episode but gave it another go because people on Tumblr won't shut up about it. It's good. It's very good. I'm almost caught up.

You can't make a Tomlette without breaking a few Greggs.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
They've began to air Around the World in 80 Days with Tennant here and it's bloody brilliant. Watched 3 episodes so far, it's really a great series and Tennant's acting is top notch.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
They've began to air Around the World in 80 Days with Tennant here and it's bloody brilliant. Watched 3 episodes so far, it's really a great series and Tennant's acting is top notch.

When I was a kid, I saw the cartoon series of Around the World in 80 Days. You know, the one with aristocratic cats? Can't remember anything else about it, though, lol.

As for me, I just finished watching Kingdom. It was surprisingly good.

Fangu

Great Old One
I just watched 3 episodes of That 90's Show and I don't know if this is nostalgia from watching the old show or enjoying the people rebooting it enjoying rebooting the old show or just the nostalgia hitting perfectly for me being around 14 in the the time setting for the first episode but it's probably mostly the latter - I kinda enjoyed it? The costumes are perfect (although they seem to range from 92 to 96 ish), the music is on point, there are some cultural references that I guess you had to be there for - a lot of it is stuff I have yet to see in the current '90"s revival' wave, which leaves me with a feeling that the show is made with decent thought put into it. I know the show hasn't gotten the best of reviews but I'm enjoying it way more than I probably should. The beer might have halped though :monster:

Last edited:

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
One last watch of this, before it disgracefully gets removed from Netflix (making it impossible to watch legally anywhere)…

Top Bottom