General TV thread

If it's not a nostalgia cash-in, I'm stoked. If you say there are things you could've done without, I'm immediately expecting trash. BUT, I shall give it a whirl.
Oh, by that I was mainly referring to a (new) character that comes up later on in the show and how they factor into the penultimate episode... it's kind of hard to talk about it without giving stuff away, let's just say it's rather incongruous; it didn't sour me on the whole show or anything, though (like I said, I really liked it and there are tons of great moments, but high expectations can ruin things more than low ones, so I'll say no more as long as you're gonna give it a go :monster: ). The show pretty clearly deliberately avoids nostalgia in a big way, so no need to worry in that regard, IMO - I remember reading an article around when S3 was announced that feared it would just be a sort of feel-good "damn fine coffee!"/cherry pie fest that would do nothing more play on fans' fondness of the previous seasons (given how reboots typically go), which got me worried, and it's almost comical how swiftly and thoroughly the show put those fears to rest.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Netflix is TV right? Just started S2 of Star Trek Discovery, they really pulled out all the stops didn't they? o_O. I'm sure they've spent a lot of the budget on just the first episode and the rest will be a lot more chuntering, but still, fuck me do they spend a lot on series.

Top Bottom