Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 coming in 2020

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I feel like it's WAY too short to really get an idea of what it's gonna look like during the series itself. In tiny little clips, the original SAC cel-shaded animation got a ton of negativity thrown at it, and I feel like it'll be a lot difference once we see something that's actually a trailer for the series, and not just a tiny preview of what the Major looks like (since I don't remember the last time that ever generated a positive response).

However – they have managed to translate IIya Kuvshinov's style exceptionally well into this 3D animated format.

X :neo:

I still have good hopes for finished product, even if the aesthetics don't seem ideal. Story is most important. Only the live action GITS movie was a disappointment to me, iirc, so the odds are good :mon:. In good hands also. Granted, the risk, as always, is that maybe they're past their prime now :mon:.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also, one of the things that is working against that clip is the washed out omni-directional lighting of that mid-day outdoor setting. Visually, you have to ensure that your characters' colors and things still read well under those environments, so it's good as a demo to make sure that your style works, but everything will still look better in literally any other environment.

X :neo:

Top Bottom