• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 coming in 2020

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Russian ilustrator IIya Kuvshinov will work as lead character designer in the new GiTS.

Another Makoto design:

ilya-kuvshinov-21d581a7-ab9f-4dea-9f0c-7897281827d1.jpg

His ArtStation page to look his work.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I feel like it's WAY too short to really get an idea of what it's gonna look like during the series itself. In tiny little clips, the original SAC cel-shaded animation got a ton of negativity thrown at it, and I feel like it'll be a lot difference once we see something that's actually a trailer for the series, and not just a tiny preview of what the Major looks like (since I don't remember the last time that ever generated a positive response).

However – they have managed to translate IIya Kuvshinov's style exceptionally well into this 3D animated format.

X :neo:

Ghost X

I still have good hopes for finished product, even if the aesthetics don't seem ideal. Story is most important. Only the live action GITS movie was a disappointment to me, iirc, so the odds are good :mon:. In good hands also. Granted, the risk, as always, is that maybe they're past their prime now :mon:.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Also, one of the things that is working against that clip is the washed out omni-directional lighting of that mid-day outdoor setting. Visually, you have to ensure that your characters' colors and things still read well under those environments, so it's good as a demo to make sure that your style works, but everything will still look better in literally any other environment.

Ghost X

Going for the Marvel faded grey aesthetic, I see. I want to see my blacks as black and associated definition again. When I was in uni, they wanted me to make everything faded too, but that was in regards to making glorified wallpaper, as it isn't supposed to stand out. TV shows and movies, on the other hand, are for attentive viewing! Can't cast judgement on anything else really. Bit worried about shot composition, but that's generally poorly conceived in a lot of media, and its a trailer, so a lot of this shit is out of context anyway :mon:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The only thing that I worry about with all the grey is that one of the BIG advantages of animation is that it's really easy to read quick, minimal visuals incredibly fast when compared to live action. With the combat and other things in GitS, I feel like not having visuals that are quite as colorful/punchy are gonna dull that a bit, which will hurt the feel of the quick anime action in either how well you can tell what's happening, or in having to make things feel less snappy. If the trailers's anything to go by, I'm not worried about losing things than them slowing them down.

That timestamp will show what I mean pretty well:

Top Bottom