• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Guessing Game: When will we get the remake?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Due to reports and that comment made by Jason Schreier, 2020 might seem more plausible.

I'm thinking along the same lines, because 2019 is still a bit too early, especially since KH3 came out six months ago. So yeah 2020 is more plausible if not already secretly confirmed at this point. If 2020 is the release year, the question now remains which month and which date.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Let's see, we'll say December 15, 2019. With the teaser trailer and all that's been said around it, I'm inclined like many to believe we may get Part 1 late this year, and a holiday release makes sense, they can capitalize on the season that way and get more sales, not that I think there'll be any kind of shortage of them no matter when they release it. But I think it's a pretty likely timeframe. And getting that FF7 Remake Ultimate Edition that you guys were talking about would be a heck of a birthday present lol—it's December 30, and it would really be sweet if Part 1 was out by then, hehe. :)

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Are demos still a thing?

Final List?

@Lulcielid October 15th 2019

@Lex November 7th 2019

@FFShinra November 18th 2019

@Vyzzuvazzadth December 5th 2019

@pxp December 10th 2019

@Interslicery December 13th 2019

Jairus December 15th 2019

@Ariga December 21st 2019

@Kain424 January 14th 2020

@Castiel Strife January 17th 2020

@cold_spirit January 24th 2020

@Alex Strife January 29th 2020

@Sprites January 31st 2020

@Highwind February 7th 2020

@Misterbadguy February 14th 2020

@Celes777 February 17th 2020

@JechtShotMK9 March 26th 2020

@Tashasaurous March 31st 2020

@Animexcel April 7th 2020

@InterfaceLeader June 9th 2020

@trash panda August 11th 2020

@SeaDragon October 20th 2020

@Tetsujin February 23rd 2021

@Mr. Ite November 20th 2021

@The Twilight Mexican November 21st 2021

@Shademp January 31st 2022

@LicoriceAllsorts February 19th 2025

$180 to the winner!

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Are demos still a thing?

It's not so much than a Rumour.
One gaming journalist said that one of her colleagues already played a demo.
Now a lot of the gaming community interprets it that we, the public, get something at SE's press conference.

When it comes to the Remake, it seems many people want to get a big bite out of it, this Schreier person is no exception.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Let's see, we'll say December 15, 2019. With the teaser trailer and all that's been said around it, I'm inclined like many to believe we may get Part 1 late this year, and a holiday release makes sense, they can capitalize on the season that way and get more sales, not that I think there'll be any kind of shortage of them no matter when they release it. But I think it's a pretty likely timeframe. And getting that FF7 Remake Ultimate Edition that you guys were talking about would be a heck of a birthday present lol—it's December 30, and it would really be sweet if Part 1 was out by then, hehe. :)

Hate to say this, but I doubt the Remake Part 1 will be out in December this year, due to Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield for Switch, and if those games will be out in November this year which they most likely will, it'll be too much competition, plus with Christmas not long after, it'll be too expensive and December is a bad time of year to release new games.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Holy shit, are we having a betting pool for VIIR's release date?

Regardless of the betting pool (cause I guess I posted too late lolol): I wanna guess....July 7th, 2020.

Cause double 7s, and a year+ from now is a good time to iron out the kinks and whatnot.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Hate to say this, but I doubt the Remake Part 1 will be out in December this year, due to Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield for Switch, and if those games will be out in November this year which they most likely will, it'll be too much competition, plus with Christmas not long after, it'll be too expensive and December is a bad time of year to release new games.

Except that VIIR is starting out PS4-only, so titles on the Switch would have no bearing on Part 1's initial release. So it's fairly possible that we might see it then. Regardless, I don't think we have as long to wait as some might think.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Except that VIIR is starting out PS4-only, so titles on the Switch would have no bearing on Part 1's initial release. So it's fairly possible that we might see it then. Regardless, I don't think we have as long to wait as some might think.

Even so, there could be other games coming out aside from Pokemon that'll be a bit of a problem for FFVII Remake even though part 1 is for PS4. They delayed KH3 from December 2018 last year to January this year due to how close it's original release and the release of the previous Pokemon games had been, and since those games weren't cheap back then either, and it was only a month before Christmas, that's pretty pricey.

I'll be surprised if it'll be out this year, but I don't think it'll happen. Next year is pretty much the earliest as we'll probably see it.

Ariga

Sephiroth's Best Friend
I'm pretty sure that KH3 was delayed to make the western and japanese release dates be as close as possible to each other. Nomura was advised to release KH3 in the west in january. I'm pretty sure that nothing was said about pokemon...

Last edited:

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
We'll certainly see what happens. Even when they give us that release date, it would really be something if they were able to keep it.

I think they'll give a release window at E3, probably Winter 2019 or Early 2020, and a solid date maybe at TGS or during a dedicated event or livestream later in the year. Gives them some breathing room if it does need an extra month or two.

Top Bottom