Hello Hello!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hello, just saw this section of the forum and wanted to make a more formal introduction. Just some background info on myself: I am currently a college student and have never played a single Final Fantasy game ever, but a few weeks ago after watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete online, my interest in the Final Fantasy mythos (specifically FFVII) was instigated.

As for general media background/interests I am bit of anime/cartoon and comic nerd (all types of comics, manga, serial American comics, superheroes, European comics such as Asterix and Tintin, and then indies like Maus, The Walking Dead, etc. and the Studio Ghibli films are some of my favorite movies) so I know of the perils of potential flame wars from sites like Comic Book Resources and IGN. And as my name and avatar may indicate I am also a big Godzilla fan.

I have extensively researched/learned about Final Fantasy (specifically FFVII) from sources including: wikipedia, the Final Fantasy Wiki, FFVII:ACC movie, the SquareEnix site, watching gameplay walkthroughs and cutscenes of FFVII on Youtube, translated creator interviews, Ultimania excerpts, listened to The Lifestream.net's audiobook productions (which really impressed me and is partially why I signed up to these forums), watched Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII, and read many of The Lifestream.net's articles

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Welcome to TLS! Enjoy your stay. :monster:

Oh and also you should play FFVII. There's a group play-through going on right now. They aren't too far in so it shouldn't take long to catch up. :)

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Nice choice of avatar pic, gotta love Godzilla 85. Its good to see another kaiju fan around here :reptar: So welcome an' shit.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Welcome to TLS! Enjoy your stay. :monster:

Oh and also you should play FFVII. There's a group play-through going on right now. They aren't too far in so it shouldn't take long to catch up. :)

Ah, I wish I could but unfortunately being in college at the moment I have no access to a PS3 or TV; also the only console I have owned is a Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo DS Lite. I guess that speaks to the strength of FFVII's story/mythos of being able to get me interested in without have ever played it? Of course I was always vaguely aware of the impact that FFVII (specifically Aerith's death) had on gaming since it always gets put on media sites' Top 25 or 10 lists related to video games. And I was already familiar with the aesthetic visual of the FFVII characters due to having read the Kingdom Hearts manga (since some of them appear in it).

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
You'll fit in nicely here I daresay. When you get away from college I compel you to get hold of FFVII and play it thoroughly (as opposed to bombing your way through and missing so many brilliant little bits like the side games and the perils of chocobo breeding).
Oh yeah, welcome an' shit. :monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
HIII. I've seen your posts already and I like them. So keep contributing! ^_^

Welcome to the forums and stuff. No one will bite unless you want them to. ;)

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Welcome welcome, I'm passing out human cookies.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Did I hear something about human cookies?! No one gave me such cookies when I was new! This is an injustice!

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Welcome! It's nice to see a new member who not only specifies their level of knowledge and interest in Final Fantasy, but who also shows a great willingness to study the matter. =)

Hope you enjoy yourself on this forum, as well as continue to read the frontpage material.

Ghost X

Your introduction sounds like you're applying for a job here. Well, if you were, and I were in a position to say such, I'd go "You're hired", and then say "I quit" because there's far less FF / general fandom stuff in my imaginary resume.

:monster:.

Welcome aboard.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hello, just saw this section of the forum and wanted to make a more formal introduction. Just some background info on myself: I am currently a college student and have never played a single Final Fantasy game ever, but a few weeks ago after watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete online, my interest in the Final Fantasy mythos (specifically FFVII) was instigated.

As for general media background/interests I am bit of anime/cartoon and comic nerd (all types of comics, manga, serial American comics, superheroes, European comics such as Asterix and Tintin, and then indies like Maus, The Walking Dead, etc. and the Studio Ghibli films are some of my favorite movies) so I know of the perils of potential flame wars from sites like Comic Book Resources and IGN. And as my name and avatar may indicate I am also a big Godzilla fan.

I have extensively researched/learned about Final Fantasy (specifically FFVII) from sources including: wikipedia, the Final Fantasy Wiki, FFVII:ACC movie, the SquareEnix site, watching gameplay walkthroughs and cutscenes of FFVII on Youtube, translated creator interviews, Ultimania excerpts, listened to The Lifestream.net's audiobook productions (which really impressed me and is partially why I signed up to these forums), watched Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII, and read many of The Lifestream.net's articles

Welcome! Are you a video games enthusiasts?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Greetings & saultations!~ Hooray for having another Kaiju fan here. I think that you'll find much of everything you want to know, and your other interests make it seem like you'll quite enjoy yourself here.

X :neo:

Top Bottom