• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hidden & Unused in Video Games

A thread for anyone to post cool, random examples of unused content in games, pre-release material, version differences, demos/prototypes etc.

Chrono Trigger, with some boundary breaks and layer-removal seems like a good example to start off with. I remember some of these observations from when I played around with the game in an emulator. ^___^

Definitely check out the other videos by Shesez!

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I don't know if I can find it, but in Tomba/Tombi, there's an unused video that implies Clocktown was also a cursed location that they cut out. I found the video on the disc itself when I first started getting into exploring with hacking tools when I was in 8th grade.

Is this the one you're thinking of?

TCRF Source

JP
Tombajptitlescreen.png

US
Tombaustitlescreen.png

Europe
Tombi-TitleE.png

I am shocked. SHOCKED! Can barely find any unused, on-disc content posted about either of these two Castlevania games: Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. Nothing for the former, in fact!

Nothing on TCRF, nothing on YouTube... I've only found two relevant things, both relating to Curse of Darkness.

Trivia from the Castlevania wiki:
This is the only Castlevania game where bats are not an enemy.
However, an artwork in Santa Lilio Sangre's work book depicted a bat-like Bird-Type Innocent Devil, but this was not seen in any aspects of the finished product.

latest

Then there's this item table on GameFAQs for Curse of Darkness.
Observant readers may notice that there are gaps in the hex list (eg: 72-79,
8F-96, etc). These values represent dummy items. They are listed as "??????"
in the game and will cause the game to crash when you interact with them. The
crash rate by equipping dummy items is 100%, so don't expect to find some
hidden goodies -- I've tried them all!

There are eight more dummy items after the end of the table, and then it
begins to list the item icons you see in the weapon list sort screen.
Obviously you cannot use those for anything. I have not mapped any further
than that, as all of the important items have already been covered. If anyone
is feeling ambitious enough to continue mapping the table and happens to find
something useful, then feel free to forward the information to me and I will
update the guide and give you full credit.

Must...resist...urge...to hack...these PS2 games...

Last edited:
Playing around in Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and I found a test room.

It is a lengthy, barebones pathway that on one end has four pillars. The pillars and the mounds on the sides along the path have no collision.

KNZKDIt.png

kqOBtLf.png

tdjMQlY.png

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The chaos and discovery continues for yet another day: a huge treasure trove of N64 files was leaked today. Things such as Luigi's planned model in Mario 64 before he was scrapped, apparent source code for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, GBA tech demos (Wario Land 4, apparently) among others.

There's some evidence that the apparent Zelda 64 source code is mostly empty, for some reason. But details are changing all the time.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Noooo Shad, don't explain the jooooooke.

Does anybody have a link to that Luigi model though? I'd like to see it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
In due time, then. Man, if the OOT stuff uncovers that Triforce room from that beta footage, all the old rumors will be kinda validated. What a time to be alive.

Top Bottom