Horizon Zero Dawn

ScottCan

Lv. 1 Adventurer
The campaign is set to be 15 hours with new enemies, new weapons and of course, a brand new storyline.

That's a really hefty amount of content. Sounds like a real expansion, and not just a DLC that adds a couple of hours of gameplay. I'm so looking forward to playing it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I just streamed this for 2 hours and I'm quite impressed so far. The characters there are a bit more interesting than the main game and the machines are no joke either.

I'm still locked in at Ultra Hard difficulty and I reeeally wanted to tone it down, but I can't leave it and I'd otherwise have to do New Game+, which is a big no-no. I've already gone through the main game TWICE now. :monster:

Can't say so much for the story so far, as I've spent my time fighting machines than getting stuck into it. I'm trying to take it slow and really enjoy it. It's so nice to get back into it, I forgot how beautiful the game was <3

Fangu

Great Old One
I finished it today.

While I really enjoyed the 'all your allies gathering up' thing, talking to them (particularly Erend, hahaa, he's so into Aloy and I ship it), killing Human Boss dude, using Petra's machines - I really wasn't feeling the final boss. I'm not surprised it's a version of the same thing we've seen before, but I didn't find the battle particularly tactical. I tried tearing off all sorts of components (including the cannons) but didn't succeed (maybe I didn't try hard enough) so I ended up killing him to death with Fire arrows, which is super boring, but hey, it worked.

About the final scene (before the credits), I think it was a good ending to the game. For Aloy it all started out trying to find her mother then turned into something else - I think they tied it up neatly with that ending. Also the Sylens ending was a great cliffhanger.

This is a game I've been not wanting to finish because I didn't want it to end.
I was shocked to learn I only had TWO side quests left a week ago. I was also surprised to learn that I spent 82 hours on the game. I would have guessed 50 or 60, that definitely didn't feel like 82 hours.

Great game, flawed in a few areas, but overall the gameplay experience is so nice it's been one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Aloy is a great protagonist too. Well done Guerilla.

I bought Frozen Wilds today and played about an hour.
That gatekeeper though. He actually killed me, lol.

Fangu

Great Old One
Also
Omg this video about Horizon XD

HahaHA this video had me laughing out loud, particularly the part about 6 minutes in, the rant about greed, ending in: "It's almost as if they made a complete game first, and then sold the game, in its complete state, to customers who bought it! Fucking amazing!" :lol:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This game has caught my interest for a while now, and I'm thinking about possibly getting it after Christmas.

I want to know from people here on TLS why you like it and why I should get it.

Convince me. :wackymonster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My sister keeps raving about the game and she played some of it a month ago while I was visiting, it looks really cool. o.o And seeing her play a game all the way through and rave about it is really saying something, since she doesn't do that as often as she used to. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
This game has caught my interest for a while now, and I'm thinking about possibly getting it after Christmas.

It's the best single player open world action/adventure game of this console era, so far.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I watched Mr Channy play it from start to finish.... even not playing it I was thoroughly engaged.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That reminds me I still have a few photos that I didn't upload.

NObRiIN.png

Bg3C9NE.png

RKUj8HM.png

7ONameE.png

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage

It's beautiful and highly imaginative but the operation of the bow needs to fuck off and die in a fire. Either that or there needs to be an option for melee fighting because I can't do stealth for shit. I have not gotten very far with it for that reason.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

It's the best single player open world action/adventure game of this console era, so far.
The Witcher 3 would like a word.

But Horizon IS fucking amazing. Easily one of the best games out this year, no question. If you enjoy games like Fallout or Skyrim or The Witcher, you'll love this. My god what a fun game. I would've been playing it obsessively if I hadn't loaned it to my friend while I played Persona, since he has two kids and one of them is really into dinosaurs and this kind of shit (so I thought they'd get a kick out of it).

Fangu

Great Old One
It's beautiful and highly imaginative but the operation of the bow needs to fuck off and die in a fire. Either that or there needs to be an option for melee fighting because I can't do stealth for shit.
It was probably easier for me having played the Uncharted games.
There are skills that lets you slow aim longer, they are very useful.

It does get easier to melee further into the game though. Re: stealth, the stealth armours are really good, I really recommend. Once I got my hands on the best stealth armour with an additional stealth weave on it, I never went back. (Well, that is until
super armour of course.
)

Also lol Omega I just got the reference for your name... if it indeed is Horizon's Nil you're referring to; loved that guy, he is quite the character :monster:

And Lith, you should take the plunge and just get it. I think you'll like it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Witcher 3 is not as polished, and requires binoculars or a huge screen to play. Weird PC game port if you ask me :monster:. Plus it's not as focused, big complicated RPG systems where at every level you wonder "did I pick the right one?". Big inventory thing, yadda yadda yadda, different game.

I've still not finished it, :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well yes but no giant robot dinosaurs whose weapons you can steal and pwn them with :monster:

...unless that happens later, I didn't get very far.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Witcher 3 is the superior game, but Horizon is still a very solid 9.8/10 experience. Minimum.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My brother just gave this to me for Christmas (late family Christmas). Will add it to my growing pile of games I don't have time to play. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My brother just gave this to me for Christmas (late family Christmas).

This makes me smile, my sister got me this game for an early Christmas gift :D

I've been playing it in my spare time; I'm really loving it so far. The game is absolutely gorgeous, atmosphere is awesome, story/world set-up is highly intriguing, I love the aesthetics of humanity being more primitive and tribal once again and combating these machine beasts that seem to have informally taken over the planet and are roaming wild everywhere.

I want to play some more tonight, shortly. I just unlocked more of the world map and want to exploooooore <3

Top Bottom