I have a prediction

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Everyone who's dying for it to end...there's going to be one more. They wouldn't have built up all this other stuff otherwise.

As for people saying more than that, that's not going to happen either. They're just going to end the saga, and perhaps a remake.

If they somehow manage something else in FF7's world, I would bet it would be like Ivalice and separated by a long period of time. But even that would be hard as VII's world isn't nearly as nonsensical developed as Ivalice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You know, for all the bitching and moaning, FF7's world has only been through 2 real threats to the entire planet in the series(jenova landing doesn't count because it doesn't happen in the series and we don't play it).

I don't mind Avalanche dealing with a variety of threats after threat( I fucking read DC comics ffs). All I ask is that the shit be GOOD and entertaining to play. Not riddled with some retarded pompous plot and dialogue. You can have a threat to the party without some retarded plot device and shitty out of nowhere enemies that have some bizzare connection to FF7 that no one heard of prior to the game(looking at you DOC).

Fuck DoC could have just dealt with survivors of Avalanche and Meteor trying to take hold of power while the world was still in a vulnerable state. They didn't HAVE to be trying to destroy the planet with some magical weapon. There are more than one kind of threat, it doesn't have to be the planet in danger. Why can't it just be the people? But I digress.

I'm all for more compilation as long as it's good, my reluctance to hope for more stems from a large amount of dissatisfaction generated by it's current titles.

Gale

Read My Mind
I think Final Fantasy is too attached to a level of melodrama that favors cosmic threat supplemented by more personal issues to ever just zoom the lens on personal issues.

I cared more about Dyne and Barret than the people of Edge that got murdered by Deepground, but none of the compilation titles seem to be willing to shy away from some sort of 'greater evil'. The whole subplot with Genesis comes to mind, which at no point carried the same weight and intensity as, say, the final battle against the three MPs who don't have the power to do kooky magic superattacks.

Final Fantasy games aren't very good at maintaining subtlety.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I predict the FF7 remake will be named
FF7: Finally Complete.

Yeah lame i know , bite me.

*cough* Final Fantasy VII- we have enough money now from the spin-offs, haha after this we are moving on to Final Fantasy VIII next ! hahas. It will be called FF VII WEMSPHATWAMOFF8NH for short. :wackymonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think Final Fantasy is too attached to a level of melodrama that favors cosmic threat supplemented by more personal issues to ever just zoom the lens on personal issues.

I cared more about Dyne and Barret than the people of Edge that got murdered by Deepground, but none of the compilation titles seem to be willing to shy away from some sort of 'greater evil'. The whole subplot with Genesis comes to mind, which at no point carried the same weight and intensity as, say, the final battle against the three MPs who don't have the power to do kooky magic superattacks.

Final Fantasy games aren't very good at maintaining subtlety.

Maybe I'm misreading that, but didn't you just counter your own point? The game put a lot of weight on those three MPs.
And besides, Genesis was powerful and crazy, but I'm pretty sure the world wasn't in danger at any point.
Certainly not on the scale of VII or Dirge, anyway.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Until Zack fought him, though, Genesis did say he intended to return everyone to the Lifestream. Also, Lazard seemed to think the world was in danger, as he made some comment about wanting to save it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I also predict massive wank from everyone who wants a remake who will begin to complain over every little thing :monster:

(you KNOW It'll happen)

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
My my, are people complaining about the compilation and what if's of a remake again?

Whenever in the past something has been remade or given a spin off, there are always new things and changes, which some people like and some do not, there will be a lot of arguments and complaints about said content, however eventually most people will accept it for what it is, either as an improvement over the original or a fresh new look on an existing idea, and thus move on.

If that cycle is the very truth of games, then history too will inevitable repeat itself....

So go on Square, bring your retcons and your additions, it won't matter. We'll do as life dictates and buy your products every single time.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
It's the point where when ANY Final Fantasy game is released - new, remake, sequel, port, whatever - parts of the fandom will declare it a glorious day and praise the game for being wonderful and awesome, one of the best in the series, while other parts will sneer at SE for *daring* to make such a game, taking it as the signaling that the series has lost its way and declaring the game the worst they've ever made.

Every. Single. Game. A FF7 remake will be no exception.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hey man, as long as there are ample screenshots, I could give two fucks about the remake's accuracy. We know it's going to be shit, with bad VAs, Genesis, Kadaj and Deepground shoehorned in, and we know we're going to buy it anyway. There's no need to complain, enjoy the nicely rendered characters in their original costumes, familiar locations and hack your old PC version to have the redone FMVs in it.

eqmddlh

SOLDIER Apprentice
AKA
Ikyoo
Doubtlessly there would be more titles, and I hope that to happen!! I also beg to se them fullfilled with quality.

Top Bottom