• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

I know What's Beneath the Snow Fields, a ridiculously long FF7 fic from 1999

This is excellent.
Did you do the drawings, Odysseus?
I liked the old cover, but this one is much better, more exciting and more likely to make me want to read the fic.
I think it's much better that the rest of the fic looks like a regular book. Much easier on the eyes!
You've done a beautiful job here. I hope one day Zahra finds you and makes contact.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
This is excellent.
Did you do the drawings, Odysseus?
I liked the old cover, but this one is much better, more exciting and more likely to make me want to read the fic.
I think it's much better that the rest of the fic looks like a regular book. Much easier on the eyes!
You've done a beautiful job here. I hope one day Zahra finds you and makes contact.
Thank you! No, all of the art is Zahra's own artwork. Angela had all but two of the images Zahra drew for the story, and I thought it'd be nice to include them. On top of the two on those initial pages, I've been mixing them in with the story itself where appropriate.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
I was exceedingly tempted to do something about "exactly similar" by the way.
There's a very limited number of these, and fewer still that really directly correlate to the story, so they're pretty spread out unfortunately.

I'll return to the computer aesthetic for the extra pages but yes I agree that for the main story simple is better.

Getting in contact with Zahra would be great for many reasons, so I can hope it'll happen eventually. I want to know what she thinks of Dirge of Cerberus.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I don't need your likes, I need your opinions lol.

:salute:

I think you made the right call. Definitely go for readability with the main feature. I think it's great to have contrasting styles. This is Final Fantasy VII after all.

Besides, having the Windows aesthetic for the first few pages is reminiscent of a manga having its first few pages in color. I like it!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay fine, you can like my posts if you want lol. I like replies to my stupid ideas though because it helps me feel like I'm not being an obsessive weirdo.

Speaking of, OOC has anyone actually bothered to read the fic? I was being serious about that "adopt a favorite scene" thing I said last page. My brain likes the idea of getting more people involved in a weird thing from 20 years ago.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I skipped around a bit to get an idea of the writing style. Would like to read it front to back, but I don't find that comfortable to do on my phone.

I'll definitely give it a shot when it's in PDF format. That way I can transfer it to my Kindle.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Zahra said:
Though ShinRa was around 28 years old, he looked much older. His short, corpulent figure tended to waddle whenever he moved excitedly about the room. His course, mustard-coloured hair had been forcefully combed back, while a trim moustache outlined his upper lip. Virtually everyone agreed ShinRa's most prominent feature was his nose. Indeed, it was a snub-shaped, stubby nose with wide nostrils. To be blunt, he was hopelessly ugly.

y7efpfd2vwu41.jpg

What a difference time makes.

EDIT

"Feh! If I had a fraction of your looks, buddy, I'd be making children left and right," ShinRa remarked under his breath

So this is why canon President Shinra fucks so much.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That word count is an underestimation...because...she...writes a lot of......sentences...like...this. all of the words connected by ellipses are counted as one word by the program. That combined with the fact that I've had to add a number of words, or split up words she writes as one when it's actually two, "infront" being the most common, means the real word count for my final draft will be much higher.

I've done 23 chapters so far, and I probably missed plenty of errors along the way lol.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Originally I was gonna include the "adopt a scene" thing in this first book, but enough people chose scenes from after chapter 50 that it's probably better saved for book 2. That just sucks because chapters 51-100 are definitely longer than 1-50, and I was also going to include all the fan art in book 2 as well... that book will be stupidly long. Maybe I'll just put some of the fan art in the first book.

Top Bottom