• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

I know What's Beneath the Snow Fields, a ridiculously long FF7 fic from 1999

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
If I may be so cheeky as to steal the mike for just a moment, I would like to share an analysis I made of Vincent and Aerith's astrology. I thought you guys might appreciate it, as it's very relevant to them as individual characters and also together as an item in Snow Fields (an in general). It gives us a glimpse into the secret lives of these two individually, and I believe that it explains quite a lot about their behavior and actions. (I might do this for the other characters as well if I have the energy, time and interest. But I make no promises.) I had a lot of fun putting this together!

Here you go. :)

I would love to hear you guys' thoughts!

PS: Come to think of it, IF I remember correctly, the author of Snow Fields, Zahra, is/was a Libran, too. Which would explain how she could write Vincent so well, lol. In the off-chance that I happen to be talking out of my buttcrack, then please feel free to correct me.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Book 3 is ~80% done. I've once again run into a crisis of lacking a cover artist lol. I wanted to keep it all in-house with the long time fans of the fic but two of the people I asked are too busy and the other two stopped responding to my messages lol. Thankfully I know a big Vincent fan who would probably help me, but I haven't yet asked.

As for the inside of the book, I have fully edited the remaining story pages, added 20 pages worth of messages from Zahra's guest book that relate to Snow Fields, 2 pages of "favorite scene" plaques, 22 pages of fan writing (reviews of Snow Fields and a bunch of corny poems inspired by it), and a half-finished fan art gallery. The gallery has a bunch of empty spots for art I know existed but I don't currently have, holding out hope I still get some of it. I also have a special feature that is a written history of the Vincent webring Snow Fields was a part of, written by the owner of that webring.

Since things are currently on hold again, I've been working on a book of the doujin Version of "sink to the bottom with you", a different FF7 sequel fic staring Vincent. I got in touch with the artist and she's currently remastering the pages so that'll come in a month or two.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Let's just let this be the catch-all thread for my books now. Easier that way.

So, as LicoriceAllSorts mentioned waaaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier, there was an old FF7 fanfic that got a doujin adaptation. It wasn't Snow Fields, but a Yuffentine fic called "Sink to the Bottom With You." While waiting for the last bits necessary for the final Snow Fields volume, I decided to look into that. I read the Doujin and thought it was pretty good, so I figured it's make a good book too lol. I got in touch with the artist through her website, "The Art Engineer," and over the past few months she's been helping me put the book together. She remastered the pages in high quality for me, and did some original artwork for me including new cover art, and today I finally got my test copy in the mail:

1677891436109.png

Biiiiiiiig book. I used 8x10 proportion instead of my usual 6x9 I used for Obstinate Melon's comic and Snow Fields. It suited the page dimension better and frankly it looks gorgeous lol.

Badly photographed example images:

1677891801981.png
1677891693132.png
1677891716588.png
1677891744766.png

really shoulda cut my fingernails first.

Guess I should also give you an idea of what the plot is lol. 1 year post-FF7, Reeve is now the president of "neo-Shinra" and has been reconstructing Midgar, with the Turks now serving as his bodyguards. One day he gets kidnapped right under Reno's nose by a mysterious figure known as "the Running Man", and so the Turks and Avalanche have to team up to rescue him. Cloud has Yuffie and Vincent investigate a suspicious "ghost ship" he found in a cave off the coast of Midgar, and together they find more than they bargained for.

If that sounds at all interesting to you, you can buy it here:
(or just read it on the artist's website lol)

I also plan on doing a book of the fic version too, since the doujin only covers about half the story.

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
That's a really cool book! Well done :)
Also, I can't seem to find the link to SF book 2, could you share it again, please?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Who do you go through to make these books? I already know how to bind my own, but I want to have hard covers like yours for an art book I'm working on

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Looks great! I appreciate the parallel (I can never spell that word right) with the first cover, and the color scheme of the covers going from Prussian blue to turquoise to cerulean and green. Cold and gloomy to a feeling of ease and peace. Love it!

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
I've decided to try Midjourney out of curiosity, and put the prompt "Vincent Valentine from Dirge of Cerberus and Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII Remake standing in a field of flowers together, looking content and peaceful". These are the results. I just HAD to share them with you guys, I'm freakin' DYING. :tearsofjoy:
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: LOL WTF are these images

Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_from_Dirge_of_Cerberus_and_Aerith_Gains_a5e0abbe-7a8a-4d20-b503-55897e...png
Dear Lord :tearsofjoy:

This one is supposed to be an ecstatic Aerith dancing in a field of flowers, lol
Rhoey_Aerith_Gainsborough_from_Final_Fantasy_VII_remake_dancing_7cc3e805-e3ef-4584-bcfc-68c97b...png

Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_from_Dirge_of_Cerberus_and_Aerith_Gains_f41bb9d5-3ae4-4609-a248-c24d79...png

Top Bottom