IGN interview with Yoshinori Kitase and Takeshi Arakawa

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In Japan, the Blu-ray version of Advent Children has just been released. That's meant to make a mark to end all of these productions. But, all these games of FFVII have just been spawned off the cuff with small ideas; one idea just turns into another. In this sense, there's a possibility we might end up creating more FFVII games in the future.

I don't like how they now say "it's over" and they "might" end up making more.
Last time it was "it's over for now".

It seems like they don't necessarily care about concluding DC's cliffhanger ending. =/

If I recall correctly, it was Nomura who said "It is over for now".

Nomura and Kitase probably have different opinions. When the chance comes I think Nomura will try to convince the team to make another installment.

But the earlier statement that the Compilation would be around until 2016/2017 is obviously obsolete now.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Thank you for the link, DandD. :)

IGN: Of all the Final Fantasy games, which one would you like to work on a sequel for?

Takeshi Arakawa: FFIX. I was involved in the production; I expressed my ideas, but I also had quite a hard time in the process. And some of the characters look really... fanciable.

Hell. Yes. :awesomonster:

Fanciable?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Final Fantasy VI DS? Final Fantasy IX-2?.............

I'm Drake Clawfang, and I approve this message! YES!!!!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It could do with a (partial) movie adaptation. I'd like to see how they'd translate (part of) a FF story to a movie, tbh.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I thought FFIX pretty much resolved its story. I don't want to see a sequel for it. :loopy: Though FFVI for the DS sounds amazing. <3

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm gonna laugh if a sequel to FFIX is made. :monster:

A sequel can't take anything away from the original because the original has already been made and imprinted within the minds of its players. A sequel isn't going to go through time and make FFIX any less epic.

A sequel can't take anything away from the original because the original has already been made and imprinted within the minds of its players. A sequel isn't going to go through time and make FFIX any less epic.

So you don't think a sequel would be a nail in the eye of FFIX no matter what, yet you would laugh if there is one? Why would you laugh exactly? (just curious):awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nope. Whether the sequel is awesome or sucks, it can't effect the original work of FFIX. FFIX has already been made and judged individually as a game. How can a different game somehow magically change what FFIX is? If you don't like what happens in the sequel, then the sequel sucks. Not the original.

And I'd laugh because it'd be funny that it'd be created after people expressed reluctance and negativity to a sequel of FFIX being created. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

It could, :monster:. See what the Compilation has done to FFVII. Not saying it's less epic, but it's a lot more buggered up now. ish. nevermind.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It could, :monster:. See what the Compilation has done to FFVII. Not saying it's less epic, but it's a lot more buggered up now. ish. nevermind.

Eh, I definitely disagree. The Compilation can't change the original. That just makes no sense because the Compilation isn't the original FFVII. You can say you don't like the current continuity due to the Compilation but the individual game, which is FFVII, has already been created, played, judged and called epic by fans and critics. How can a sequel fold time and then suddenly change what FFVII was?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
FFIX-2?

Noo, sorry, bad idea. I think that's one of the worst games you could pick to expand upon. The story was wrapped up in a neat little package. I fail to see the potential for creating a sequel. Squenix would be wasting their time, when they could be producing new material.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
:ondore:

New material is overrated. No one wants to see completely new, and original material anymore. They're also better if they're shorter.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FFVI remakes for DS

OMFG!!!! :excited: :excited:

IX-2? No! It might turn out like X-2, and then Garnet will be the main character prancing around in practically nothing along with Eiko and Freya.

GEF would be the new YRP. :rage:

Besides, IX doesn't need a sequel. A re-make, sure, but no sequel PLEASE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom