IGN interview with Yoshinori Kitase and Takeshi Arakawa

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I hear a lot of mixed feelings about IX from different people, but I never really liked it. I couldn't play a game with 10 year old child models without feeling like a dirty pedophile.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
How could you remake FFIX? It looks good as it is. Not every FF needs a remake or would benefit from one. An FF that actually still looks good despite its age hardly needs a remake. Like FFVIII to FFXII.

The first 7 you can justify since they're either completely two dimensional or....look like polygonal shit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

It doesn't need a remake.

At least not as far as visuals go.

I wouldn't mind a remake with new features in the interface and battle system, and upgraded environments and exploration. But as far as graphics go?

Hell no.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Pardon my embarrassing fangirly-ness, but to me, FFIX is the closest to what a Final Fantasy should be: artful presentation; a well-written, perfectly paced story; clear and powerful themes; a huge diversity of places and characters; great side-quests; and a beautiful soundtrack. Zidane/Garnet's romance was convincing, too--much better than FFVIII imo.

And I love stuff like anthropomorphic townspeople. How can you not love a family of hippo people? I even liked the pointless card game. The Trance system definitely sucked and it was absurdly easy, but I was sort of happy with the latter. I never got stuck, so I could keep moving on with the story.

Anyway, this ideal the big reason why I would love to see more based on the FFIX world. I agree that it doesn't need a sequel, but I would be thrilled at the opportunity to do more with the characters I love in a world I love.

I remember tearing up a little at the end of FFIX, not so much because of the happy ending, but because the game was over. I know that sounds really fucking lame but it's true. :monster:

And while FFIX is one of the best-looking games on the PS1, I sure wouldn't mind seeing it in high def. :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Not for DS!!!! I don't want FF6 with shitty graphics, I want good ones! Why should it go from top-of-the-line 2D visuals to crappy, deformed 3D ones?

PSP at the least please.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, they shouldn't make too much changes in the graphics, they rule :monster:. I wouldn't mind more 2-D 'cg' scenes like the opening sequence though, that looked pretty awesome.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
A fully rendered FF6 in awesome CG would be epic :monster:
And I agree. Make it for PS3 or somethin

.....I didn't like 9. Boo. NO remake/spin-off please

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I could see it happening more for PSP than PS3... and sadly, more for DS than the other two.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
That'd be interesting to see. Could they incorporate enough motion shit for it?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
They really wouldn't need to. But of course everyone tries to shoehorn that shit in.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah but a good game like VI they'd have to incorporate something somewhere.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
it's more use than it's get otherwise.

Top Bottom