IGN's 7 Things The Final Fantasy VII Remake Needs

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I remember reading somewhere a theory that the entire plot of FFVII was just Aerith's dream.

:lol: Yeah, shes high as a kite, and stumbling around in the alley behind Goblins Bar and hallucinates the entire thing.

OneThousandCuts

Pro Adventurer
I remember reading somewhere a theory that the entire plot of FFVII was just Aerith's dream.

:lol: Yeah, shes high as a kite, and stumbling around in the alley behind Goblins Bar and hallucinates the entire thing.

Man, some of these fan theories give me gas...Fever dreams, death throes, and now drugs. I guess the "Fantasy" in Final Fantasy just isn't literal enough for some.

A junkie Aerith, though...That would make good AU fan fiction fodder. I'll have to remember that one.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The original anime was made in a time when pretty much all the anime that made it to the US was censored pretty severely, to the point where there's one that was made 3 times or so under different names with varying degrees of censorship. The most heavily censored of them had to insert filler because they cut out so much. I forget the names but the characters were dressed in bird themed space suits. There's a video somewhere that shows the original japanese version of a death scene and then how badly it got butchered in the localization to avoid mentioning the characters died.
You're thinking of "Gatchaman," right? Or "Battle of the Planets"/"G-Force"/"Eagle Riders" as it was variously known in the U.S.?

I remember being confused as fuck as a kid because different stations played all three of them, and they were all notably different. Though I think "Eagle Riders" is technically adapted from a different series than the other two.

Last edited:

Starling

Pro Adventurer

Man, some of these fan theories give me gas...Fever dreams, death throes, and now drugs. I guess the "Fantasy" in Final Fantasy just isn't literal enough for some.

A junkie Aerith, though...That would make good AU fan fiction fodder. I'll have to remember that one.

Have you seen all the variations of characters being Jesus in Purgatory? There's also a joke theory about Cloud being a unicorn.

To Twilight. Pretty sure that's right. I found the video.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
So much pink...

So? Nothing wrong with Pink. Pink is my favorite colour.

But again, we're not talking about colours. We're talking about IGN and Final Fantasy VII remake here. I always had doubts on IGN since they probably don't get things right. The only thing good about them is posting videos of interviews of games or trailers.

I never borthered with that site at all.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Can't say I have, but...hurray, "UniCloud"!

*Laughs out loud* I like that! "UniCloud"! That's a good one. Maybe they should try out, "PegaStrife" or something.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Since I read about point 6 on this thread, there's no way I'm reading that article. Besides, I've really gone off IGN over the past year or so. This sounds more like a ploy to get people talking rather than actually wishing Aerith still lives.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I think Sephy should stay alive, too. Just have him enter rehab and have his lone wing removed.

I read a fan fic once (that was actually really well done, and I'm kinda pissed I can't remember the title now) where Sephiroth was talked down from his insanity and convinced to join Cloud's party (and I think he ended up falling for Aerith), and it turned out Zack was the one trying to summon Meteor.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
What? That reminds me of the AU oneshot where Zack was the one who went nuts and turned evil, Cloud and Aerith of that point in time are pretty much the only ones left trying to keep the world from falling apart and that future is undone by a time travel incident that allowed the past and future version of Cloud to temporarily swap places. I also remember a fic involving an evil clone of Zack but that was set post-DoC.

chasesummers

chasesummers
Leave the story the way it is, just make a cheat or bonus for Aeris to remain in the party after her death without influencing anything. This makes more sense to me.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I don't think an official Aerith lives cheat is going to happen. It'd still undermine the permanent nature of her death, even if presented as obviously non-canon.

Last edited:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
What? No Quadra Magic to go with the Mime? And then there's Final Attack with either Revive or Phoenix to essentially give you auto-life, which is occasionally a legit ability you can have. Throw in a Counter with one of those Mimes and you've got a lot of summoning or Limit Breaks.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Quadra Magic can't be linked with Command Materia (which is what Mime is) and it also can't be linked with KOTR. MP Turbo on the other hand, does pretty much exactly what Quadra Magic does for an extra 5MP cost tacked onto KOTR.

Top Bottom