I'm Making a book out of Obstinate Melon's FF7 comic

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That fake ad is absolutely amazing. Cleverly written and wonderfully integrated into the topic of Obstinate Melon's comic. :reptar:
You're too kind, sir. All I did was rephrase some things lol.

Since it's on the back of the European manual, and the back cover of the second book is based on the European disc case, I figured it was only appropriate to sneak this in to the back of the book. It's the very last page besides the credits page lol.

I hope you appreciate that I also used that weird unused ice cave map art that the original ad used for some reason.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm happy he committed to showing the scene of Aerith getting beaten, and playing it more seriously (Cait Sith Omega aside lol.) I knew he would, but I didn't expect him to make it quite as brutal as it is. We've talked about the tone the comic will take in the coming pages over email for a while now, since Cloud can't quite be the same snarky asshole he has been after this.

The TFS FF7 abridged series avoided this scene entirely, because it's "too brutal" for a comedy series. Buncha cowards.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Alright, so the second book is supposed to cover the rest of disc 1, and it will, but I was thinking that the very last scene of disc 1, this:
Would make a better opening scene for the third book than an ending scene for the second. I think I'd rather have the book end on the water burial. The way it is, book 3 would start and end on Cloud giving a speech to the party (this one, and then the one after he recovers his memories.)

Would that be cheating? I'm not sure.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Well, seeing as a bot has bumped my thread, I did have a question. The backs of the books are based on the various game cases for FF7. Book 1 is the US PS1 case, Book 2 is the European case, and the final book (if ever there is one) will be the Japanese PS1 International version (OG Japanese version is blank white, not good for mimicking.) That's left me in an odd place for book 3 because I don't know of an other PS1 cases for the game. Maybe a south American one exists? Right now I've settled on the PC version's box to mimic.

Top Bottom