Inside FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Video Series

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
Something I noticed on subsequent viewings - this is the first time we've heard the full Shinra Inc. theme! The datamined track doesn't include the...I dunno what you'd call it, the second part? The main melody? The bit that starts here.

(I think the first part of the the tune is arranged a bit differently in this video too, which tells me the version in the demo files is used in a different context - I wonder where?)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Good!
So it seems that SE's only been showing us the "with-flower" versions of certain scenes (or versions of scenes that can happen if you have the flower and make certain other choices) since that's what most people will likely do and remember anyway, even though showing only those versions makes it seem like we've got no choice when really, we do.
Did you watch the video? I watched it quite awhile ago now so I can’t remember if she forcibly gives it to you if you reject, but yeh the option to accept or reject is there and has weight on some sort of ‘affection point’ system that’s indeterminate so far.

Max also talks somewhere about which girl you talk to first when you wake up in the sewer just like in the OG. So it’s seems it’s all there and more besides in some capacity.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
No, I haven't, I didn't want to spoil myself too much, I just wanted to verify that bit is all. But her forcing it on Cloud is basically the same as removing the player's choice to not have it at all, so I don't think she would. And it wouldn't go with how she was in the OG, where she respected the player's choice and let Cloud walk away if he didn't want to buy the flower.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
No, I haven't, I didn't want to spoil myself too much, I just wanted to verify that bit is all. But her forcing it on Cloud is basically the same as removing the player's choice to not have it at all, so I don't think she would. And it wouldn't go with how she was in the OG, where she respected the player's choice and let Cloud walk away if he didn't want to buy the flower.
K hold on I just watched it again and Max said he chose 'Yes' to taking the flower, but Cloud in-story does so only reluctantly - so Aerith puts it in his suspender like we see in the trailer(s). So I don't know if she forcibly gives it to you if you say no, my bad.

PS. With the sewer scene he said it happened so subtly and seamlessly that he didn't even realise it was happening until he spoke to one of the two girls, and then he had a 'wait a minute ...' moment and turned round at the SQE devs looking at him from behind some glass or something and they were all grinning at him as he was like 'you fucking guys ...!!!'

Jairus

K hold on I just watched it again and Max said he chose 'Yes' to taking the flower, but Cloud in-story does so only reluctantly - so Aerith puts it in his suspender like we see in the trailer(s). So I don't know if she forcibly gives it to you if you say no, my bad.

No problem, thanks for clearing that up.

Jairus

Yeah, it does seem pretty close. Might've been intentional, I'm guessing. They did say AC was part of the remake's core.

And another thing...
Soldier_1st Class (yes, that one, the guy who does a lot of FF7R videos like NSP and Max Dood) told me on Twitter last night when I asked about it that the choice of who to give the flower to is still in. He confirmed what I've said here on TLS, that the game's got lots of choices and scenes that play out differently depending on those choices. I've also been told on NSP's Twitter page that those who played the longer demo also confirmed the choice is still in.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Did any of them
confirm whether not receiving the flower at all is even possible still? Because I heard that apparently even if you have Cloud reject the flower offers, Aerith still pins it on his chest strap regardless.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Did any of them
confirm whether not receiving the flower at all is even possible still? Because I heard that apparently even if you have Cloud reject the flower offers, Aerith still pins it on his chest strap regardless.
Okay, I'm saying this third hand, but everything I've heard points to you being unable to just not get the flower at all. Cloud always gets it, you just don't gain points with Aerith if you refuse to buy it.

Jairus

I didn't ask about that, but Ody may be right. I'm not sure I like
the change, though, since in the OG she never made you take it if you didn't want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nojima's an incredible writer, when he's not writing for subsequent sequel content for FFX. :monster:

I'm re-reading The Kids Are Alright and just. It's so fucking good.

I mean, it's a fact that talent is rationed and deliberate. This game is the writers giving it their all. That's how I feel, at least.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
i'm sorry

SPOILER_unknown.png

giphy.gif

Jairus

It was nice seeing how they approached it and all, yeah. Along with the bits of scenes we hadn't seen yet, like Cloud and Jessie looking at the monitor. I like how they redid that. Though it does make me wonder - that flower is literally right in front of her face the entire time they're on the train. She's not blind, so surely she's going to say something about it, with as flirty and forward as they've made her. A natural lead-in to the option of giving it to her, hopefully. Which would make the train exit scene a variable one, possibly with the flower's placement being the only thing that changes depending on if you gave it to her or not. We'll see, I guess. But it just seems strange and silly for them to have her act as if the flower isn't even there when it's less than two feet in front of her and almost right in her line of sight whenever she looks at Cloud. And this is long before Tifa and Marlene ever even see it. Jessie sees it well before they do, so SE's got to address that somehow.

Incidentally, I wish they would have talked a little about each member of the trio instead of lumping them all in together. It just makes it seem like they don't view them as individual characters. If they see them as so important to expanding Midgar's story as they've claimed, then they should have talked about them as individuals and given us a little glimpse of each one's story.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Dude they're saving their stories as a surprise probably. SE can't be giving everything away.

I mean, have we even gotten anything at all about Rufus? They've been keeping him in the dark but like, it's RUFUS.

TBH I think there's a LOT of stuff in this game we haven't seen. How they expand Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie is probably just being saved.

Top Bottom