• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jen, The Sarah Saga, And Where She Went

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
if my life's great adventure is to be chasing down some internet weirdo who gets too obsessed with online fandoms i am severely disappointed in my fate

i'll see you in hell, lachesis

This is just the opening conflict. We have no idea just how far it will all escalate. Start with an Internet weirdo. End up saving the world. How the two things are connected, we'll only find out once the plot starts to unravel.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
like in a sitcom where the episode opens with one thing and then 5 minutes later the plot is about something else entirely

in which case i hope this plot switches very soon

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I saw this recently...

(if it creeps you out it should).

I had a similar thing happen with me years ago with a GG Fangirl who thought she was Dizzy (the character from GGX).

She net-stalked me for a while until I put the kabosh on that.

The Guilty Gear fanbase by nature is weird, but we have enough sense to be self-aware of the weirdness and remember REALITY EXISTS.

I claim to be a GG Lore expert in my own community, but I draw the line when people go over the cuckoo's nest like that. RP-ing is one thing, but people gotta pull the plug eventually.

EDIT: And don't get me started on the Slender-Man murder... I'm too ashamed of the fact that happened in my home state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man_stabbing

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Also, apparently this Jen person did the same thing (or attempted to) in the Hellsing fandom. I mean, it's not like it's uncommon to find serial creeps in fandom spaces... especially with stuff that appeals to teenagers.

I went to one convention rave when i was 16 and immediately noped the fuck outta there.

Lex

Administrator
Also, apparently this Jen person did the same thing (or attempted to) in the Hellsing fandom. I mean, it's not like it's uncommon to find serial creeps in fandom spaces... especially with stuff that appeals to teenagers.

I went to one convention rave when i was 16 and immediately noped the fuck outta there.

Honestly my only exposure to any kind of fandom off-internet has been KupoCon and while there were certainly some socially awkward characters in attendance, I wouldn't say I've come across any serial creeps (but I kinda kept to the TLS group so it would have been harder to notice).

I can definitely see how it could be a common thing though. I'm just curious about your/ other people's experience with stuff like this, because like you I tend to nope the fuck out if anything gets too cringe for me. What kind of convention rave was it? Sounds nuts lol.

I don't really incorporate my gaming obsessions etc. into daily life, TLS etc. tends to be something that's mine that people I'm close to know vaguely about but aren't interested enough to really dive in (which I'm good with).

I think that's why I see this whole story as something completely fascinating but also terrifying. It's like the darkest turn of obsessive fandom, and it's super clear that people who get in that deep have some issues (mental or otherwise) that turn them down that path. In a way I think it's almost indecent to find it so interesting, but it's almost like looking through a lens and seeing what your life could have been like if your obsessions went too far when you were in a vulnerable mental state.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think it's worth saying that abusive can come from any "scene." I think the convention rave thing I mentioned was one of my first real life experiences witnessing it.

I don't know if they are still a thing, but in the mid-2000s it would be common for Anime/Video Game conventions to host all age "raves." I remember walking in and the crowd being people mostly around my age. There were, of course, a few weird dudes in there 30s who really had no business being there. One of the dudes I saw was actually a co-worker of mine at the time. I don't know how old he was exactly, but he had two young daughters (one was 5ish, the other was younger). If I had to guess soemwhere in his 30s? Anyways, that was when I told my friend (who was also uncomfortable) that we should just go. A few months later he got fired for hitting on my female co-workers, who were also in the 16-19 year old range. After getting fired from the movie theatre where I worked, I saw him cashiering at a local Toys 'R Us.

Obviously, this kinda shit you can see in normal clubs as well. Back in that day, I think conventions were more likely to look the other way when someone was acting predatory. I get the impression that shit doesn't fly these days.

I think as far as online relationships goes, this stuff is probably more common on social media platforms like LiveJournal or Tumblr. The communities are bigger and people are more vulnerable, so to speak. I know for example roleplaying communities were big on LJ, and was one of the things that factored in this story. There's this idea that roleplaying as a "character" removes you from your real life identity. I think this line of thinking is still kind of looked over on the internet, though I could be wrong. Now that I am older, that is something I raise my eyebrow at more. I don't think it's appropriate to exchange explicit material with someone underage just because you're "in character."

I think that's why I see this whole story as something completely fascinating but also terrifying. It's like the darkest turn of obsessive fandom, and it's super clear that people who get in that deep have some issues (mental or otherwise) that turn them down that path. In a way I think it's almost indecent to find it so interesting, but it's almost like looking through a lens and seeing what your life could have been like if your obsessions went too far when you were in a vulnerable mental state

It's really sad because I think a lot of people turn to fandom to fulfill some sort of enjoyment they don't really get from their every day lives. As an adult I know how to keep a healthier balance between real life/the internet than I did when I was younger. The sad thing is, I think our generation were the test subjects when it comes to this stuff. That's how you get stories like the FF7 House. Or people like OP who maybe a little too invested and expect too much of uninvolved parties.

That being said, there was a group in university I was somewhat involved in that in retrospect strike me as quite cultish... and that has nothing to do with fandom/the internet. But that's another story, lol.

I've never come come across anything like this before, aside from that woman - I think she was in ACF? Before my time, anyway - who thought she was married to Sephiroth. But this, the FFVII House, is Neetflix docu-drama worthy stuff. Hopefully they'll never make it into an actual TV show, it would discredit the entire fandom.

But anyway - yeah, I think people who are that way inclined will find a way to manipulate others and play out their fantasies no matter what walk of life they're in. I don't think it's unique to fandom.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
As an adult who still goes to anime conventions and plays videogames, it's hard not to acknowledge that maybe some things just shouldn't progress as far as they could in being a Fan of something.

I'm aware of kinky lifestyles, but this goes way beyond that in to Cult status, especially being as one-sided and dysfunctional as it was.

People often call videogames a form of escapism, but those of us who PLAY games know the trappings of "just playing games" more than anyone. There's a limit.

I think people who can't acknowledge their own human limitations in reality cease to function as being human and need an intervention.

As deep a fan as I am of certain topics, I take breaks and go for walks and do OTHER THINGS. Life is FULL of those OTHER THINGS.

I don't think it's unique to fandom.
Can confirm.

In my teenage years I was lured into the supernatural claims by a person online who, in hindsight, was simply a schizophrenic young man whose symptoms were worsened by his extreme insomnia. At the time I was obsessed with ways of attaining godhood and thus transcending the pains of life. This man (only two years older than me btw) played right into those desires. I found temporary peace in sharing his worldview where we were meant for extraordinary fates. We would live for thousands of years and re-engineer the very foundations of the universe.

I believe he used me, and others like me, to convince himself even further that his visions were real. Accepting that his brain was fried wasn't an option because what ground would that give him to stand on?

The exact story of how I freed myself from his false worldview and beliefs is too long to tell. Short version: I grew away from it.

From the few interactions I've had with him over the last ten years (I no longer accept his contact requests which may come every other year or so) he's still just as schizophrenic, waiting for the signs that some supernatural sci-fi event will lift him from the dirt and into godhood. It is sad that I got caught up in his world but it's even more sad that there seems to be no hope for this man. He only knows how to live in delusions.

While the online realm offers the danger of cults like these, usually they at least stay in chat rooms. What sets the Final Fantasy House apart is how the people actually lived together for an extended period of time and enacted their delusions and dysfunctions together in the same living space.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think a lot of it also hits during the transition between adolescence and adulthood being weird. It's a time when you're more prone to fall under peer influence, and when that's likely to be subject to strange circumstances, especially while the definition of ones' own identity is a more prominent concern. I think that the reason it feel prominent in fandom is that it's an easy banner under which you can form an identity and collective group of other individuals.

X :neo:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I haven't been able to sit down and read the thread in it's entirety, however

sorry a forum of strangers couldn't help you carman sandiego some old fandom creep

is the single greatest sentence I have ever heard and I want this remembered for the 2018 awards - I don't know what award it will win but it deserves something.

Honestly my only exposure to any kind of fandom off-internet has been KupoCon and while there were certainly some socially awkward characters in attendance, I wouldn't say I've come across any serial creeps (but I kinda kept to the TLS group so it would have been harder to notice).

I mean, at Vancouver, Ultros was drunk as fuck at our table and we were all kinda like :O but then thought :huh: maybe he's in character and tried to be like :whistle: until he almost fell asleep on the table :sleep:

kermitafterdark

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hey, sorry to bring this thread back. I just got to reading the Jen saga today (from the beginning), and the rabbit hole let me here.

The OP started off ok but slowly began freaking me the hell out, since their obsessive behaviour kind of went off the wall and back in Jen's direction.

I can confirm they're not the same person. She's a pro-trump, anti-feminist blogger with some internalized transphobia issues. Regardless as to where you stand on the political spectrum- that's not what I'm here to preach- there were some pretty vile ideas in regards to women, race and the gay community. Honestly, it was whack enough that it made me question the legitimacy of the rest of the her posts- though other users seemed to have confirmed "TC" is Jen, so it might be true even so.

Two nutjobs going at each other. I don't know if this makes more intrigued or not.

PS; Found her identity by going through comments on the Vice article, pretty easy from there. Didn't think posting her info would be cool. Lmk if this post is out of line.

kermitafterdark

Lv. 1 Adventurer
PSS; I looked around a bit more and she didn't necromance this thread out of the blue, she literally hasn't stopped talking about this since then. Just wanted to throw you guys a warning in case she comes back, because- considering she and Jen are likely in their 30's or 40's- the way she's stalking the teens associated with TC is weirdly feverish, personal and obsessive. Not in an "I subjectively disagree with this" way, but a "This person is objectively unstable and needs help" kind of way.

None of this changes the fact that Jen is a huge creep, but I'm curious as to what and if most of the things in this thread are verifiable. I really hope history hasn't repeated itself (sorry, I'm done now, just-- wtf?!)

Stay safe guys!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think a lot of it also hits during the transition between adolescence and adulthood being weird. It's a time when you're more prone to fall under peer influence, and when that's likely to be subject to strange circumstances, especially while the definition of ones' own identity is a more prominent concern. I think that the reason it feel prominent in fandom is that it's an easy banner under which you can form an identity and collective group of other individuals.

It's true. This whole thing reminds me of something that happened to me in middle school. I met this girl who really fucked with my brain and gave me a lifetime of emotional issues. She tried to convince me of a lot of weird shit and essentially alienated me from my friends.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
i mean

how are a bunch of forum randos supposed to help 'catch' someone. what does catching her mean. a whisper network to help people avoid her? public name and shame? called the police? do like reddit and target the wrong person because internet detectives aren't really that great at detecting?

But don't you see? This is it, this is our call to adventure! I'm going to need some people with tragic backstories, martial arts training and/or magic skills, and a good line in banter. If you know how to cook on a campfire, so much the better.
if my life's great adventure is to be chasing down some internet weirdo who gets too obsessed with online fandoms i am severely disappointed in my fate

i'll see you in hell, lachesis

What did Lachesis ever do to deserve hate? Now, her brother Eldigan on the other hand...

[/reference that like 98% of the forum won't understand]

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i've never seen an eldigan in a megaten game which is my sole baseline for mythology and culture

q4Ff1Ug.jpg

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
i've never seen an eldigan in a megaten game which is my sole baseline for mythology and culture

q4Ff1Ug.jpg

You need to play Fire emblem, then.

latest

The series even crossed over with Megaten.

Eldigan, for the record-

latest

latest

Lex

Administrator
PSS; I looked around a bit more and she didn't necromance this thread out of the blue, she literally hasn't stopped talking about this since then. Just wanted to throw you guys a warning in case she comes back, because- considering she and Jen are likely in their 30's or 40's- the way she's stalking the teens associated with TC is weirdly feverish, personal and obsessive. Not in an "I subjectively disagree with this" way, but a "This person is objectively unstable and needs help" kind of way.

None of this changes the fact that Jen is a huge creep, but I'm curious as to what and if most of the things in this thread are verifiable. I really hope history hasn't repeated itself (sorry, I'm done now, just-- wtf?!)

Stay safe guys!

I feel like I need more context here so could @Rishi and/ or yourself get in touch via PM or discord with what you've found? I'd appreciate it.

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
I had a similar experience to this. In the old days of 2012 I was playing on a private server of an old popular MMO called Ragnarok Online. During the my stay on said server there was a group of people who were very strange. They were a small group of 4 women of varying ages and they did rituals in the game. Slowly after noodling my way into the community I found out that most of the desperate and lonely men were involved with these people. One was named Skye and was a NEET who lived in the UK who got money from the men on the server. Another was a tattoo artist named Scarlet, which is the one who approached me, she was a prolific artist in Italy or something along those lines she would also extort men for money. Kay, a 15 year old highschool student, would also attract the more weird men of the community who would buy her an entire amazon wish list totaling to almost $3,000~ There was another named Anna who I didn't talk to much. After talking to the Scarlet woman for half a year (platonically) I got to hear all this weird ass drama between the friends. On how half the men there had women and wives and were funneling money into them. Somewhere it exploded with me being a little curious george to found out that the 15 year old had a similar IP to Scarlet (I had became a Moderator for the server at this point). Which triggered a huge meltdown with atleast 7 guys. I had prodded further to find out that the 4 were all the same person. I just started to refer to them all as Scarlet cause that's what I knew her as. They requested I meet them all in game, so I did. They then threatened to DOX me to people because I ruined their income train. This woman was getting over $5,000 a month from just lonely clueless dudes. Somehow she found out where I lived due to one of the beta orbiters leaking my personal info. So one day I came home to my house window's smashed and a bunch of graffiti on the walls. I never got to find out who did it or who even this Scarlet person really was they just disappeared from the server and our lives. Point is there is people like this in our society and they move on from people to people like a parasite using and abusing it's not really unique to any fandom. They can be anywhere and anyone really.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Stay safe guys!

I feel like I need more context here so could @Rishi and/ or yourself get in touch via PM or discord with what you've found? I'd appreciate it.

Not sure how much you want me to corroborate with the receipts. I will say that I agree with Kermita's assessment of the situation.

I don't feel too bad about posting this link because... it seems to be meant for public consumption anyway. But it gives you an idea of how invested OP in this situation. She has a few websites/social media accounts where she's very vocal about her conservative, anti-feminist, anti-"SJW" beliefs.

I think from the posts here it's evident that OP is unstable. I agree the fact that she's this invested kinda creepy. Though I suppose given this Jen person's history, I suppose I can be somewhat sympathetic. Still weird tho. I do think that there's a layer of transphobia that's fueling what we're seeing from her. I didn't bother to mention any of this before because I didn't feel it was appropriate. But yes, it does seem as though Kermita and I have seen the same stuff.

Like I said before, the only thing that I found that "confirms" that FF7 and Hannibal Jen are the same person is the afformentioned tumblr page. It looks like a regularly used, legitimate tumblr page. Not gonna post it for obvious reasons. The impression I got from reading through some of the posts is that it's the tumblr of "Zack" from the FF7 house.

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
Looneymoon is right on the dot with the OP being a little unhinged. She has been following this stuff frequently for the past 4 going on 5 years. Her Facebook, Twitter, and website have frequent updates. I would almost question her lust for justice. It's almost like she's that crazy ex-girlfriend who stalks her ex and everyone she talks to.

Even if we did find "Jen" what would we do? Is she really a criminal? Would we not find arrest warrants for her name? If OP ever comes back she needs to question why she wasted half a decade chasing after this person to no avail. I would suggest giving up because it's not your duty to do so. You WILL NOT find someone like this who only has a scarce few photos of themselves online and is willing to use fake identities.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm just weirded out to fuck with all of these randoms signing up to TLS mainly to post in this thread / about this subject. WTF is going on?

Top Bottom