KH I.5 + II.5 coming to PS4 March 28, 2017

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
OH i thought he meant he thought this one HAD 2.8.. i gotcha.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This includes the difficulty trophies in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. Previously, you would have to beat the game in all 3 modes, now you only have to beat it on Proud Mode to obtain all 3 difficulty trophies.

Good, good. Although I did already complete KH1 three times in my quest for the platinum :wacky:
Still, with changes made to how trophies work they will not be shared between PS3 and PS4 versions which is too bad.
At this point it's also unlikely there's gonna be a save file transfer...I was hoping I could pick up where I left off on the PS3 version D:

Edit:

KH1 and CoM 60fps footage:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god Love how they included Larxene! :excited:

will probably get this one then too XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
KHII and BBS 60fps:

Also, drive form transformation. Notice how there's no load time issues :monster:
In fact, I think this is actually faster than it was on PS2.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
What did Aqua do at 1:54? I've never seen that o.o

Also... FUCK YES NO LOAD TIMES FOR DRIVES! Yeah... gonna get this for sure.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm watching a stream of this and holy shit, there's almost NO load times for anything. I can't get over how fast it is... I think he IS playing on a PS4 Pro but I'm goin to guess there's not that much of a difference.

Wow Square LISTENED to us.. that's amazing :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
KHII and BBS 60fps:

Also, drive form transformation. Notice how there's no load time issues :monster:
In fact, I think this is actually faster than it was on PS2.

Wow..... that looks incredible. Doesn't matter what game it is, my eyes still aren't quite sure about video games in 60fps. I think I'm far too accustomed to 30fps. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I really hope the PS4 regular version plays the same as the PS4 pro version.. if anyone has confirmation on that let me know and I'll pre order it immediately

UPDATE:
I have some bad news... unfortunately... I'm afraid to say... there are frame drops during the 1000 heartless battle... I know... I know... it's awful, I don't know how we'll ever go on

:awesome:

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, there was bound for something to not be perfect in this version of the games. As the saying goes, "There's always a teeny tiny thing that goes wrong". So I'm not surprised.

But seriously, it's not that bad. So the quality drops at certain point. At least the game hasn't crashed...yet.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay one more bit of bad news, and this is actually bad, not silly bad...

The reaction command on the Final Xemnas is still broken and doesn't appear. So that's a big let down but let's hope they patch in in the future... that's a real bummer though.

As for crashes, I don't think anyone has tested the major crashes yet... but we'll see, hopefully they're fixed

EDIT

Also there's still some sound effect drops (that only dedicated hard core players will notice though) however the sound effect bug when fighting Xigbar HAS been fixed...

so yeah Xigbar sound effect glitch > Xemnas RC glitch :monster:

EDIT II:
aannnnd just saw a guy's game crash while trying to save after 100 Acre Woods and he had to do it all over again :monster:

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm watching a stream of this and holy shit, there's almost NO load times for anything. I can't get over how fast it is... I think he IS playing on a PS4 Pro but I'm goin to guess there's not that much of a difference.

I think it's rather a simple consequence of the game being installed on a harddrive rather than having to load from a disc.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

I think it's rather a simple consequence of the game being installed on a harddrive rather than having to load from a disc.

Yeah i kinda realized this when i saw nothing else was fixed... Cept Xigbar sounds for some reason :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i really want this right now but i can't get it and i played all the games (and the final mix versions) already anyway and i'm not sure i really care much about 60fps

but i still want it

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
i really want this right now but i can't get it and i played all the games (and the final mix versions) already anyway and i'm not sure i really care much about 60fps

but i still want it

I don't want to sound horrible here, but I think it's best not to get the PS4 version since you've played the PS3 versions of the game already.

Why buy the same games over and over again on different consoles just for higher quality of fps? I'm sorry, but that to me is a waste of time and money. You can easily play the games again on the same consoles that you've got and save money that way while buy the newer consoles for newer games and also wait until they're cheaper to buy as prices always go down.

Remastering games once to an upgraded console is not so bad, but doing it twice to another upgraded console is a waste of resources and it's also a bad move.

I'm not scolding you or anyone else, but remastering the past games over and over again is tiring, especially when we're re-visiting the previous games and despite the higher quality, to this day, games still crash, no matter what developers do.

I think the main problem is that certain discs are faulty and aren't checked properly, not the games themselves. So, don't expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to not crash, because, really, it will, one way or another.

But if you still want the PS4 versions of the previous games, then no one's stopping you. But I'm just saying what I know.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't want to sound horrible here, but I think it's best not to get the PS4 version since you've played the PS3 versions of the game already.
i only played the first ps3 one, the rest of the games i played on their original consoles years ago when they first came out. if i had played or even just owned the ps3 version of 2.5 i probably wouldn't be that anxious to get this until it was cheap (i probably won't get it for a while anyway since i can't afford to get it on day one so i might end up getting it cheap in the end either way). i just like the idea of getting the final mix releases in japanese (which i don't have for kh2 or bbs right now) and having everything on one disc. i use my ps4 more than my ps3 lately, and my ps2 and psp are in cupboards now

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
i only played the first ps3 one, the rest of the games i played on their original consoles years ago when they first came out. if i had played or even just owned the ps3 version of 2.5 i probably wouldn't be that anxious to get this until it was cheap (i probably won't get it for a while anyway since i can't afford to get it on day one so i might end up getting it cheap in the end either way). i just like the idea of getting the final mix releases in japanese (which i don't have for kh2 or bbs right now) and having everything on one disc. i use my ps4 more than my ps3 lately, and my ps2 and psp are in cupboards now

Fair enough. I still have my PS2 versions of the previous games as well as PSP version of BBS.

Though I'd like to get hear the characters voices in english myself, since I'm more fussy that way. I like to understand them as well as read the text of what they're saying at the same time.

Hearing them in Japanese voices doesn't suit me at all.

But everyone has different tastes.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
What resources are being "wasted?"

Seriously. Tell me. You are the all-knowing witness of all things behind-the-scenes of Kingdom Hearts, so please, enlighten all of us unlearned plebeians. What exactly do you "know?"

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

So at first when I watched this video, I laughed but... the more I think about it the more annoyed I am.

I mean I know this will probably get a reply of, "Geeze, just be happy it's at 60 FPS and the load times are fixed!" but... honestly... it just bugs me.

They obviously don't test anything. This bug is clearly because the game is running at 60 FPS and certain things were tied to the frame rates. They replaced a buggy port to the PS3 with... another buggy port. In fact, this one probably has MORE bugs just less load times. Apparently the tornadoes in BBS in the Keyblade Graveyard are also effected by this.

I mean what did Square even DO for this port? Obviously they had to fix the physics for the game to run at 60 FPS but other than that... that's it. And, no, they did not "fix" the load times... it's cause the game is running on the PS4. And I know they "could" patch it.. but they won't. I'm sure they won't, why would they? They don't care. I still can't believe the Xemnas RC glitch is STILL not fixed.

We, the fans, deserve working port. Not just a pretty port. Not just a smooth port. Not just a port with less load times but one that WORKS and plays like the game is SUPPOSED to play.

It's just really disheartening that they just really don't give a shit :closedmonster:

Seriously, how did DDD end up being the best Kingdom Hearts to PS4 port?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, unfortunately that often seems to be the case for a lot of remasters/ports/collections. Even the better ones still end up having some kind of new bug or issue that wasn't there before. =/
Except maybe the God of War collections, not sure if they ever had any issues.

The fact that bugs from the PS3 version are still there is annoying. They had years to fix that shit! :kermit:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
maybe they will zone of the enders 2 this and get someone to rewrite the code :monster:

(was it hexadrive who fixed zoe 2? i am playing type 0 hd and beyond the camera being jittery at times it's a good port, though even that had to patch some stuff like the excessive motion blur when moving the camera)

who was responsible for the kh ports?

also what is the xemnas rc glitch?

and did they ever fix ffx's random number generator problem on the PS4?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
(was it hexadrive who fixed zoe 2?

Yep

who was responsible for the kh ports?

Not entirely sure but I think it was mostly done internally?

also what is the xemnas rc glitch?

There's an attack you need to dodge with reaction commands in the final battle and apparently it doesn't really work in the HD version so you get hit all the time.

and did they ever fix ffx's random number generator problem on the PS4?

Yep!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Observations and issues so far

Most of the stuff from that list seems to be related to specific speedrunner techniques that seem to be thrown off due to slightly different physics. I don't think the normal crowd would ever notice.

Something like the save crash bug, Sephiroth's meteors moving twice as fast, missing sound effects or the KH2 final battle reaction command glitch (which was in the PS3 version as well) should really be fixed though.

I want this to be the definitive version, not a tradeoff.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
-Vexen Data is fucked now. Anti Sora spawns immediately due to the Data bar getting filled too fast and during the opening scene.

THIS BATTLE WAS ALREADY A GOD DAMN FUCKING NIGHTMARE D:

-Axel you cannot Blizzaga finisher him past Revenge Value anymore, he goes into wall...physics problem prob
Aww shit, this was the only really easy way to do this battle

-Vexen cannot be DM skipped now, due to Anti Sora garbage, his data bar maxes to 5 in like 10s or less of being on you, super fail

God dammit, that just sucks... I've skipped his DM before... granted on accident but it makes the fight a lot easier.

-Simba Crash still exists
I still don't know what this is :monster:

-According to Mist, 100 Acre Woods is a bit messed up now in certain ways idk about yet
Yeah I heard the swing mini game is almost impossible now...

Jesus fucking Christ I don't know if I even want this anymore :closedmonster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Maybe Square Enix should change their name to SUCK ENIX since the only fixed up a few things and then just port the previous games to another console.

Companies just don't do things right anymore, it seems.

Top Bottom