Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - Coming to PS4

RedFFWolf

Donator
World of FF (which I'm only playing because I got it as a gift)

You should be playing it because it's great :monster:

Meant more like I wouldn't have invested in it 'cause I've spent so much money recently :P - That, and knowing I had other games lined up that would take a while to get through before I'd turn my attention to it. I am legitimately slow with these things, haha; games like these I play twice a week (it's based around work days and stuff). That being said, I actually wasn't interested initially but I had heard good things from people here.

Still, the question is whether it's that game first or KH 2.8. It's not a phrase I thought I'd say, but maybe I need to invest even more time in playing video games :lol:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Let's endure it together, Alex - and I pray you avoid spoilers, just as I do too for FFXV (considering I'm about to enter a venue full of FF fans in their hundreds this week who are probably fresh off of completing FFXV) :P

:headbang::headbang: Let's!! I'm sure it'll be possible. I managed to do it for FFXV and I'm sure for KH2.8 it'll be achievable. :D

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Comparison of development progress:

Y2vjSf9.jpg

aKjUaYH.jpg

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i ordered this around christmas because it's the only kh thing i've not played before kh3 is released (and i might actually be able to get on release for once) but now i get a message saying it won't be in stock until later this month and i'm half tempted to cancel the order and get the download version, but on the other hand i don't like just having a download version if i can have a physical copy instead

but i also just want to play it as soon as i can

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm having a really hard keeping committed to this game. I enjoyed the demo, but the main point, DDD, is probably the worst KH game. Eve CoM feels more appealing than this one to me. Maybe it's the "Homework Effect." but trying to hammer this one out as preparation for KHIII feels miserable. The battle is the floatiest, the dream eater stuff is needlessly micro-managy, the world design as absolutely the worst the series has done so far...ugh.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I've started KH3D today. I actually got the 2.8 collection when it came out in 2017 but only played the 0.2 portion of it so I'm playing 3D for the first time now :monster:
The Spirits are cute and all but it remains to be seen whether I'll like having to go through the whole bonding/training thing with them everytime :P
Traverse Town theme in this is so chill. <3

Last edited:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm having a really hard keeping committed to this game. I enjoyed the demo, but the main point, DDD, is probably the worst KH game. Eve CoM feels more appealing than this one to me. Maybe it's the "Homework Effect." but trying to hammer this one out as preparation for KHIII feels miserable. The battle is the floatiest, the dream eater stuff is needlessly micro-managy, the world design as absolutely the worst the series has done so far...ugh.

I can't say I disagree. I finally ended up putting the damn thing on Easy mode and just hammering through the worlds it to see the story through.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dream Drop Distance is a mixed bag for me, because while the storyline is great, and seeing the introduction of the new characters post KH2 is cool, I agree that it is not the game that engages me the most post-game, or in terms of gameplay, period.

The combat is very floaty and spammy, and while the command deck system isn't something I personally dislike, it feels very off especially with how certain enemies just eat your attacks without moving an inch. Flowmotion is cool though but against things like the Panda nightmares, combat is just like attrition, unless you flowmotion spin them away and explode them. They don't really move or anything. The Nightmare bosses in this game were lame as well.

The battlegates are dumb, and just grindy. They seem shoehorned in like an afterthought. One thing I will say, is that it definitely shows that this was a handheld title first, and it was designed that way. The 3DS motion controls fit the game more.

And finally the post-game stuff is just. Empty. Like there's nothing to really do except make super powered keyblades for enemies that you can curbstop anyways, and then there's the optional boss, Julius. Who's just fucking stupid. Balloonra spam him to death and just dodge. No challenge at all.

In fact, Balloonra is gonna be your #1 damage dealing spell almost the entire game. That spell is kinda ridiculous.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm enjoying the game so far but I miss the command styles and command melding from BBS. The Dream Eaters being linked to abilities and progression is a bit meh. Flowmotion is pretty fun. And yes, Ballonra is OP and I love it :wacky:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Dream Drop Distance is a mixed bag for me, because while the storyline is great, and seeing the introduction of the new characters post KH2 is cool, I agree that it is not the game that engages me the most post-game, or in terms of gameplay, period.

Oh I'm gonna disagree so hardcore on this lol. Dream Drop Distance was where they lost me on story. I mean they basically made all these rules for time travel and didn't follow ANY of them.

I was okay with the gameplay though. I had heard bad things so I was pleasantly surprised at most of it. I thought the worlds were a decent size and fun to explore as well. And let us never forget Mingus the Meow Wow ... or whatever you named him.... but yeah I liked the Dream Eaters for the most part. I think in my last playthrough I had a tyrannosaurus and a dragon thing.

Didn't like the drop system though... but I'm sure KH3 won't have anything like that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Finished KH3D!

That message at the end though. "This leads to Kingdom Hearts" and then they're trying to be all cute by showing trios of characters instead of just putting the number 3 :P
Going all "KH3 is coming, yo!" is pretty funny knowing now that we hadn't even passed the halfway mark since KH2 at that point.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am probably ready to finish kh3d after levelling up a bit/lot because i died on the last boss in second before, but then i decided

you know what

i'm tired of this story world keyblade

i want a new one

so i'm doing the special battle portals and maybe flick rush to get a new keyblade (idk if i could manage the dive mode one)

Top Bottom