Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
latest

Time to split Kingsglaive discussions from the FFXV main topic imo.

Movie will be released soon digitally and some people (like me :P) might wanna avoid spoilers/discussion until they get their movie with the FFXV deluxe edition bundle in November.

Anything Kingsglaive related shall go here from now on :comedian:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Got home and made Mr. Lith watch the 12 minute clip with me on our 60-inch TV FGJ.

It was a glorious sight to behold.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay so I kept thinking they were saying "bro" but it turns out they were saying "Crowe". Derp. :closedmonster:

Also. RELEASE THE KRAKEN DEMON! :excited:
release-the-wee-kraken.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I really don't know if I should watch the clip or not.

Like, I want to wait and have it be special, yet I'm also very curious.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
That's totally Diamond Weapon, right? I mean, the outline, shape and fire missles and face is all on point with the other screens we've seen but it's shrouded in mist but like.. that's totally it.

hian

Purist
Saw the clip. Great graphics. The voice-acting was okay I guess, but the cutting was horrible. So, 6/10 so far?

Anyway, delayed to November? Can haz TGS reveal of FFVIIR Bombing Mission demo included with the game? kthnxbai.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Wasn't impressed with Ravus's voice at first. It's slowly growing on me. He's a kid here, so I'll wait until we hear what he sounds like as an adult.

Was not expecting Crowe to have a high-pitched voice like that. :closedmonster:

hian

Purist
The voice-acting was okay I guess

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought so. <__< >__> <__<

I like what I've heard so far from the three big actors but I was kind of meh about all the rest. :|

You were not. One thing that struck me was sound-levels - the voices sounded way too clear and crisp considering all the smoke and debris that was flying around in the environment.

And on that note, I also thought the delivery of most of the actors was just way too flat comparatively to what was going on around them.
I would expect some 300 level shouting from the characters based on the level of the action, but just got some "I'm kinda exerting myself..."-levels, and that was disappointing.

This is why I almost invariably prefer Japanese voice acting in Japanese productions - because their level of intensity of delivery matches the level of intensity on screen.
Thankfully, regardless of how things pan out with the language options in the actual game, I'll be buying the game here in Japan and playing it Japanese.

Finally, I think the voice-casting was pretty bad.
The guys all look gruff as eff, yet have voices that I would associate with, for the lack of a better word, less masculine men of smaller frame.
Luna on the other hand, who's supposed to be relatively young, sound like a woman in her late 30's to mid-40's.
Regis's voice sounds too young for the old Regis, and too old for the young Regis.
It just doesn't work for me.
It's like they picked famous people just for the sake of marketing without really taking into account whether the voices of those famous people would actually fit their characters based on design.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Well Libertus's (I think that's his name) voice kind of threw me at first, but you're right. Crowe was the one who had me sort of :closedmonster:. I feel like Lena' voice would have been better for Crowe. Lena has a handsome voice. <3

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yus, Crowe needs a handsome voice.

On the plus side, voice lipsyncing did look pretty on point. :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay the tickets are on sale now but I'm contemplating whether or not I want to go. The only showtime is 9pm and that's actually my bedtime. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is why I almost invariably prefer Japanese voice acting in Japanese productions - because their level of intensity of delivery matches the level of intensity on screen.

I have not watched any of the footage from this movie yet apart from trailers, so I can't speak to the quality of either dub. But in generalities...sometimes I find this very fact about Japanese voiceover to be, well, kinda overacty. Shatner-esque. Now the language itself does cater to this with all the random-ass sounds and gasps that convey meaning on their own. "EEHHHH?!?!" But especially when the setting is a bit Western, it can seem a little silly sometimes. You know, all those little things that make anime so mock-able.

And, unrelated to the quality of acting, but why do Japanese scream so differently? Like Cloud's scream at the end of Crisis Core. It sounds inhuman. What could account for a different in screaming? It's not like language phonetics fit into it, I wouldn't have though, anyway.

Ghost X

Brotherhood is so cringeworthyingly anime :p. I guess I should not be surprised. I am hoping the game and movie have a different feel about them.

I know that. But why not just use the actors? I know everybody is used to the uncanny valley now, but if the aim is to mimic reality, why not actually use reality?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Because they have plenty of experience doing CG work. Doing live-action is a completely different beast.

Top Bottom