Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Lex

Administrator
Ancient Regis is slowly growing on me. I still prefer Versus Regis though.

I don't dislike the new Regis design but I've been watching the 2013 trailer again (I should really stop doing that, it's very Nomura) and there's something... fierce/cocky about that Regis that's kind of lost. I took some screenies:

rCRmPVo.png

jXi3RjX.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth
He still sounds very cocky, he just also knows he's probably going to die, I dunno if you've seen the movie yet. That scene is freaking awesome.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I like current Regis far more, he has something that pre re-design Regis didn´t have, being a flesh out character.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I love current Regis and would change nothing, at least in the story in its current form. My one complaint is that Regis now looks a lot less related to Noctis now, or maybe that's just me. But in general I love the costume design in ffxv\kingsglaive. Kudos to the designer.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I love current Regis and would change nothing, at least in the story in its current form. My one complaint is that Regis now looks a lot less related to Noctis now, or maybe that's just me. But in general I love the costume design in ffxv\kingsglaive. Kudos to the designer.

I don't think Regis looked related to Noctis in the first place in his old design. To me Regis looked more like Justin Timburlake.

Then again, Noctis most liekly takes his features after his late mother.

Lex

Administrator
I dunno if you've seen the movie yet.

like how is it even remotely possible for you to say this when you were directly responding to my posts reviewing the movie in the other thread

silly force

Anyway I agree the scene was awesome (if annoyingly fragmented by other shit happening elsewhere to Nyx and Luna) - it's actually my favourite part of the movie. But I disagree about him sounding cocky? He's certainly not a wimp by any stretch of imagination in the movie, but in terms of facial expression/ general character design it's just not the same dude. It's now the old, wise, trained confidence ascribed to rulers/ royalty vs. cocky professional surety (think the Turks). The subjective part is whether you think that's better or worse. I see the appeal in both sides, but I feel like once again we're looking at a character that seemed interesting/ nuanced who's been sandpapered down into something more in-your-face and obvious. "Kingly king" has been done to death.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
It's now the old, wise, trained confidence ascribed to rulers/ royalty vs. cocky professional surety (think the Turks). The subjective part is whether you think that's better or worse. I see the appeal in both sides, but I feel like once again we're looking at a character that seemed interesting/ nuanced who's been sandpapered down into something more in-your-face and obvious. "Kingly king" has been done to death.

I would like to know how you can describe pre-redesign Regis a nuanced character when we barely see him speaking any lines meaninfuly describing his character. The "cocky professional surety" is no less in your face/ obvious than the "Kingly King" you're describing as well as both being done to death.

Lex

Administrator
"Seemed interesting/ nuanced" (what I said) is not the same as "this character is clearly nuanced" (what I did not say). What I'm arguing is that the original Regis appealed to me more in terms of design because I found it more original than "old dude who's a stout wise king with long flowy kingly robes of kingliness". There was nuance in his actual physical design originally because he looked like a mafia mob boss but he just happened to be royalty. That's no longer the case.

Purple

Charmed
I wonder if in game CGI Luna will have a different model from KG Luna, cause KG Luna would look really weird (for the lack of better term) next to Noctis, aesthetically speaking.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Omg I'm going to buy this tomorrow when it comes out and watch iiiiiiiiiiiittttt hnnnnng :awesome:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just saw the movie yesterday.

Lots of "Hey that was in older Trailers" moments.

Kinda sad, kinda cool, but definitely stokes me up for XV better than Brotherhood did.

The Darius reference made me grin.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Just watched this. It was really awesome. I liked it. :)

I am, however, peeved at how early on in the movie Crowe died. I guess she was a catalyst for the actions of other characters but she still felt like she didn't do anything. :sadpanda:

And in the end I felt like Nyx and Glauca had a bit too much talking with Nyx on the ground in pain. I was all, "Are you going to die now or no?"

Other than those two things I thought it was a pretty awesome movie. Got me more hyped for XV.

However, there's a small part of me that's like, screw Noctis, I want to play as Nyx! :P

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Finally got to watch it.

Got to love those billboards around the city: "Éclair", "Lindzei", "Bank of Spira", "Libraphone"... :)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Elena Fisher said:
However, there's a small part of me that's like, screw Noctis, I want to play with as Nyx!

Fixxxxxed

That, too. :awesome:

Am I weird for liking Drautos even though he's a total a-hole? :closedmonster:

Of course Nyx is mighty fine, and he do got da booty, but there's something about the commander that fascinates me... :awesome:

And pretty boy Luche with them cheekybones. :monster:

Just watched Kingsglaive.

The best Final Fantasy movie made so far. The movie only felt like a grind towards the end when the fighting continued for too long and was too fast-paced in many parts for my eyes to follow. I only have nitpicks to make. The movie acts as a great prologue to the game, making you familiar with the world and its politics. Believe it or not, while I did enjoy the style of the magic fighting my favorite part was the political intrigue.

Also isn't it amazing how despite the movie consisting of so much grey and silver and white it still looks one thousand times more colorful than the two previous Final Fantasy movies?

Crowe had been hyped up for me so I was genuinely sad to see her go almost as quickly as she turned up. Because her death came so unexpectedly, it felt the most genuine to real-life deaths. Despite that limited screen-time, I feel more sad for the death of this potentially awesome character than for any other tragedies in this movie.

Damn it lith you made me attached to the character by having her as your avatar! :lol:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Demp said:
The best Final Fantasy movie made so far.

And only like the 3rd or so amirite :monster:. I mean it took a dozen or more mediocre / campy Marvel movies before they started to git gud.

Top Bottom