• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

"Kupocon" FF Convention! (2017?)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hey everyone.

CameoAmalthea posted this on Facebook and I thought I would bring it to your attention!

http://kweh.jp/announcing-kupocon-final-fantasy-fan-event/

Sounds like it's in the preliminary planning stages. TLS should definitely have a presence there.

Also I want to meet all you sexy folks and nerd the hell out in person. Discuss!

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
They plan on hosting an event in both North America and the UK. I see in a description that besides looking for merchandise sellers etc., they're also looking for "...just someone who wants more involvement". That's my cue ^_^

Reactions: Ite

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
They should host in Europe :monster:

[I]Did you even read the website[/I] said:
You mentioned North America and Europe, can you expand further on that?

We want to reach as many fans as we can in the western world. We’ve decided to do that effectively we need to hold two events. One in North America and one in Europe. I know many people in the EU always expect conventions to be typically held in Germany, but we hope people will be pleased to know we plan to host the event in the United Kingdom. Depending on the events popularity we’ll either hold the event in both continents each year or alternate. We’re still contemplating a location for North American event but we want to make it accessible to fans in Canada also. No more specifics to share at this time.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Full disclosure, I have been tinkering with the idea of trying to start up a FF convention for about 2 years now. I feel like Final Fantasy is big enough that it needs to have it's own presence on the convention circuit. Given the choice, I'd probably host it in Los Angeles. The obstacles are obviously money and making the right connections to be able to get Square Enix creators, voice cast, etc to come out.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Please just let there be one of them fancy Artnia cafes at this event so I can have moogle pancakes and potion. :aah:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
KupoCon just sent out an official email to all their subscribers:

We are delighted to announce that KupoCon will be coming to London, England in 2017. We're currently in an ongoing discussion with our venue and we're confident that we'll be able to announce dates in the near future.

. . .

As for North America... Well,, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer for that announcement. Don't worry though, we won't keep you waiting too long.

Damn, this is taking off fast!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
KupoCon just sent out an official email to all their subscribers:

We are delighted to announce that KupoCon will be coming to London, England in 2017. We're currently in an ongoing discussion with our venue and we're confident that we'll be able to announce dates in the near future.

. . .

As for North America... Well,, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer for that announcement. Don't worry though, we won't keep you waiting too long.

Damn, this is taking off fast!
True, but picking a date and a venue city is like 0.01% of the work required to hold a convention.

The latest email contained another link to the contact form. Has TLS designated a liaison for the event? I could fill it out and put "Community Manager at TheLifestream.net", but it'll look a bit silly if five other staffers do the same (with their respective job titles). :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So curious to see where they'll do something in the states. There's lots of places to choose from. :wacky: I'd assumed either back east somewhere or like... California....? Make it somewhere popular, I guess.

Would be cool though if some TLSer's got to go to one! I'm rooting for you guys to get the chance! I know I won't be able to because I live in like the furthest upper-left corner of the USA :wacky:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I will, I will!

I just realized that this will be a SE event and you better bo-lieve I'm going to apply for a position at Wired Talent. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFCCKKKYEAHHHHHHHHH!!! :reptar:

Top Bottom