• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

LA Noire

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
For instance, I really like 2K's Mafia series. It's pretty similar to GTA in many ways, and the story is very interesting to me. But, they don't have that same charm that Rockstar manages (somehow) to pull of in almost every game.
Mafia 2 wasn‘t very good. The story was really good, I enjoyed it, the characters well rounded and believable and the city/music/cars/setting/atmosphere were fantastic. (The guys drunkenly singing in the car to the radio after you buried that body was awesome. :awesome: )

But it was the gameplay, and gamelenght that sucked balls.

I got it on a Friday night, but had completed it twice and got the platinum trophy by the Sunday night, and was trading it in on Monday. It was short & there was very little to do. There was a huge sandbox city, but nothing to do in it other than to collect wanted posters and lose the will to live.

And as for the gameplay? Chest high walls? Shooting a gun from cover?
WOW! INOVATION!

It wasn’t a bad game, it seemed to do anything right, but it was just kinda empty, it felt like so many things were missing, like the ability to have fun while playing it. <_<

LA Noire doesn't have to be a sandbox to be good, but if it is then there had better be something to do other than the storyline missions. :P

LA Noire doesn't have to be a sandbox to be good, but if it is then there had better be something to do other than the storyline missions.

Well, this part might disappoint you then. You can go around the city, but it's not filled with sidequests like other Rockstar games.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Well, this part might disappoint you then. You can go around the city, but it's not filled with sidequests like other Rockstar games.

Doesn't have to be side quests, but something. GTA wasn't massively loaded with side-quests. But it was fun to just drive around, hell some of the best fun I had on GTA was just getting from A to B, that fun was missing from Mafia 2.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Mafia 2 wasn&#8216;t very good. The story was really good, I enjoyed it, the characters well rounded and believable and the city/music/cars/setting/atmosphere were fantastic. (The guys drunkenly singing in the car to the radio after you buried that body was awesome. :awesome: )

But it was the gameplay, and gamelenght that sucked balls.

I got it on a Friday night, but had completed it twice and got the platinum trophy by the Sunday night, and was trading it in on Monday. It was short & there was very little to do. There was a huge sandbox city, but nothing to do in it other than to collect wanted posters and lose the will to live.

And as for the gameplay? Chest high walls? Shooting a gun from cover?
WOW! INOVATION!

It wasn&#8217;t a bad game, it seemed to do anything right, but it was just kinda empty, it felt like so many things were missing, like the ability to have fun while playing it. <_<

LA Noire doesn't have to be a sandbox to be good, but if it is then there had better be something to do other than the storyline missions. :P

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to complete Mafia 2 yet, but I really enjoy the story atm. The gameplay is a little wonky, but I played The Getaway - that game has horrible controls.

I'm sure they'll have a few sidequests, at least. But, I'm sure it's mostly concentrating on the main story. Hopefully they can make it last quite a while. Main thing that disappointed me about Heavy Rain (similar-ish genre) was the duration. At least, compared to Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Why? Some of the best games ever have no sidequests at all.

Doesn't have to be side quests, but something. GTA wasn't massively loaded with side-quests. But it was fun to just drive around, hell some of the best fun I had on GTA was just getting from A to B, that fun was missing from Mafia 2.

In that case I'm looking forward to this as well. The city is going to be very detailed and interesting to drive through.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I very much like the game's concept, it's a very welcome change - big title / publisher trying something new (or well, detective game done big with unique selling point). Massive amounts of contents, too.

Speaking of, I'm much overdue from buying a console.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
In hindsight, I guess I should treat this as the next Max Payne rather than the upcoming shitstain then :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
MY BROTHER SAID HE WILL GET IT NEXT TUESDAY

DAGGNABBIT

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Enjoying the fuck out of this game.

By the way guys, this game is VERY narrative heavy. Do NOT spoil it for the rest of us, take care to put everything plot related/non very general stuff in spoiler tags.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
whoops, lol

Thanks, Brooke, and Dacon as well for giving me the heads up on the brick wall I just ran into.

On a general note, I just got the game yesterday, and like I said, I'm loving the feel of it. The facial movements ARE INDEED incredible, its really like playing a 40s movie; I dig the whole vibe.

Also, extra points for just leaving the title screen on to let the music play. Fantastic.

Can anyone comment on the replayability?

I already see tons. The game doesn't 'game over' when you get a question wrong, it changes the entire conversation. I'm not very far, but I've already come across points where I could have done something a different way and I would have had a completely different interaction with that character.

Will make for interesting playthroughs where you purposely try to pick the wrong things just to see what happens. That's pretty unique already for a game.

Obviously depends on how much you'll like the game to begin with and how much interest you have in learning the what ifs of the conversations.

I've passed cases where I apparently missed a person completely and their involvement and I could have had two arrests but I only got the more important one.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Heavy Rain was funny too. JAAAASSSSOOON! JAAAASSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON Not to mention the cool FBI guy with 3D glasses.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I'm so bad at this game. :(

I cannot read people at all, how do you tell the difference between truth, doubt or lie? :huh:

Also how do you use evidence in a conversation? The game just gives you a list of like 10 things and I don't know what to do other than just pick one at random, and it's always wrong.

Top Bottom