LA Noire

Truth and Doubt are the ones where you need to make the decision. I've been finding it pretty obvious most of the time, they'll say it in a way or give a look that makes them seem like they are lying.

Lie is when you know they are lying because you have evidence, and that's when you pick the evidence to show them. Only pick this if you actually have evidence in your clues. If you don't, that's what Doubt is for.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Comepleted the game last night and omg loved it.

I was a little disappointed with the ending myself. After the events of the Vice desk and the tense finale of Homicide I was expecting a little more. The whole Elysian Fields thing was obvious from the first mission of arson, and it seemed like they just threw in the whole army thing to have somethign extra in there; a really didn't expect that to be the basis of the ending.

However, I did really enjoy the game as a whole. The atmosphere at a crime scene and the tension in the interviews; the face-telling technology was fantastic, I've never seen anything like it before. The end of homicide case was so good, I nearly pooped myself wandering through the catacombs.

Driving around LA is sweet, I love all the old cars and charm of the 1940s. Some of the comments made during the story reek of dramatic irony, my favourite. EDIT O WAIT I JUST FOUND FREE ROAM MODE DERRRRRP

HNGH THIS GAME IS GREAT

Last edited:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I'm upto the Arson Desk right now, loving it so far.

My favorite cases would have the be the Homicide ones imo. Though I knew who the real killer was during The Silk Stocking Murder case. The bartender mentions he worked with a temporary bartender the night of the murder and it clicked then. :monster:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Been having fun with this game so far. Quite a bit of fun, though I'm complete shit at driving in it. I've accidently killed or injured at least a dozen people with my car. Of course, one time I also flipped a bad guys car onto its side, so that was cool.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
imo it has the best driving mechanics in any sandbox game i've played. Not realistic at all but really easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Ya I'm always crap at driving in games so this was nice. And even then being able to get your partner to just flash you there is a nice addition for people still having trouble.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm usually pretty good at driving in games, but I can't do this for squat. I have my partner ferry me around everywhere. Makes me feel big pimpin'

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
First chase I did I ran over two pedestrians, and took the door of anothers car. At least threee others must have crapped themselves from how close I came to hitting them. The funny bit is I was really trying to be a good ccop and not destroy shit.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Oh dear. There's driving in this game. well eek. I'm not usually good with the virtual driving. Mostly because I throw caution to the wind and I go really fast and run people and things over.

Are there like intentionally people in your way to make it difficult?

So question for people who have finished Traffic (but please no spoilers after that for this question that I will now spoiler tag).
You are told you are getting a promotion. 6-months pass. Then you are being told you're being promoted from Burglary to Homicide. So... cut out section? Just seems weird with how good this game does at the story telling to tell you you're getting a promotion, but then show you the promotion after that one as the next thing you see.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I think that they actually confirmed that that entire desk had been cut out of the game, yeah :/ Sucks imo

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I just made it to Vice, explain to me how Vice is a promotion? Surely the 'top desk' height-of-a-detectives-career is homicide? And the last desk is Arson?

Does it make more sense once you’re completed the game? :huh:

I just made it to Vice, explain to me how Vice is a promotion? Surely the 'top desk' height-of-a-detectives-career is homicide? And the last desk is Arson?

Does it make more sense once you’re completed the game? :huh:

EDIT: Read Bex's spoiler. My theory wasn't right, but now I'm even more excited to play out the game. It really is a big spoiler.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I just got to Vice too. Your partner does offer a throwaway line about the fact that it is the transfer to the Hollywood that is seen as a 'promotion', after Cole expresses the same confusion because he was under the impression that homicide was the highest ranked too.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
The Arson desk is a demotion.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I pretty much agree with what adri said. If they cut it out I guess it's because the game is already 3 discs on the 360 and putting in those cases would've made it 4.

Also it is explained at the end of vice desk why you go to arson. I've only finished the first arson case but you really don't have much to go on and it was quite hard for me to make a decision.

Oh and don't read bex's spoiler it will completely spoil it for you. :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
imo it has the best driving mechanics in any sandbox game i've played. Not realistic at all but really easy to use once you get the hang of it.

It is! And the car chases are so fun, too. Sometimes I drag them out on purpose to see how much shit we wreck in the process.

The Arson desk is a demotion.

I spoiled it, but that's okay. :P Just got to Vice and heard what he said too. Makes a bit more sense than my theory, though I am interested to see why they left Arsen for last in terms of the story telling.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Don't read this spoiler, it talks about the ending.

I finished the game about a day or two ago and I thought it
was a bit of a rush/surprise. I sort of expected Cole to go out in a different way, but I'm also kind of glad that they didn't have him bite the big one in a glorious, spectacular, typical Hollywood ending. Then again, another reason it might've felt that way is because I stopped right before Jack went into the tunnels, which is basically 10 minutes before the ending.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The attention to detail in this game is amazing. I hope they release it on pc so I can take a buttload of screenshots for reference because this game is a treasure trove.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Finally got to Arson, I think my partner is that guy Holts from Angel. *nerd reference*

Edit Completed it. :monster:

Sequel please. :wacky:

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Goddamn rockstar.
why do your games always have sad endings

Top Bottom