• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Had to share this:

40 Great Movies Made Better by adding Godzilla

276855.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Finally just saw this movie tonight.

I actually rather liked it. Yeah, I felt the human part of the plot seemed rather formulaic and was predictable, but it was enjoyable.

I do understand some of the criticisms, though. I felt like a lot of
the monster battles were cop outs. You see them start to fight and then we cut to the next scene without knowing what happened. Considering the genre and that this is flipping Godzilla I question whether or not that was the wisest choice.
But for me personally, it didn't really make or break the film.

My one gripe, though, is that
there wasn't enough freaking Bryan Cranston. I mean what? They killed him off really early in the film after so much build up. I wold have thought he would have stuck around longer.

Either way, all in all, it was enjoyable. I'd see it again. Not sure if I'll bother buying it on Blu-Ray or DVD, but I wouldn't say no if asked, or if I came across it playing on TV while flipping through channels I maybe would stop and watch.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm always curious that if the trailers hadn't been so careful about not revealing anything other than the earliest plot elements of the film if
everyone would have been counting on Bryan Cranston to have a large/central role in the film. For me, his character dying off gave a sense of heavy emphasis on the immediate mortality to real people from collateral damage from the kaiju that helped to put all the other disaster scenes in perspective.

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It's Bryan Cranston,
if you're gonna have him in a movie he better be in it for a while.

X that feeling you say you got, I got that from his wife's death so his death so early after that powerful moment was completely unnecessary, the only thing I felt for his death was robbed. Not even a single scene with Serizawa, fucking bullshit.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Hmmm... the fact that I never watched Breaking Bad and only give minor shits about Cranston may have enhanced the film for me :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I have to disagree with the Melon Monarch's point.
One, IDGAF how much everybody orgasms over an actor, I don't really see that as an entitlement towards appearing in the film more.

Two, his and his wife's death do have parallels, but they're thematically very different. His wife's death comes with a sense of guilt, personal responsibility, and a lack of closure. His death gives closure in knowing that he was right, and there's no personal responsibility in causing it. No one ordered him to be out on the scaffolding. He was a pure casualty of secondary collateral damage. His loss is even more poignant BECAUSE he's the one person that you want to be able to coordinate with Serizawa, but he doesn't get to. You lose the chance for HUGE amounts of information, and all that is gone in a blink when he gets critically injured.

Additionally, you don't have the emotional split with Ford trying to save his family in California, while being actively concerned about his dad's involvement being so close to the kaiju. Emotionally, his remaining family are literally all he has left because of that.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Hmmm... the fact that I never watched Breaking Bad and only give minor shits about Cranston may have enhanced the film for me :awesome:

Sir you need to rectify this imediately. Not only is Cranston brilliant throughout all 5 seasons but the series is just amazing. The story and performances from Giancarlo Esposito, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks and Aaron Paul are just fantastic.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

I've only managed to slog through a couple seasons of that show because there's only so much grimdark I can take, regardless of how well it's written, but I've known him to be a fantastic actor since ages ago from "Malcolm in the Middle."

I have to disagree with the Melon Monarch's point.
One, IDGAF how much everybody orgasms over an actor, I don't really see that as an entitlement towards appearing in the film more.

It's not, but the trailer signed a check that the rest of the film refused to cash.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's not, but the trailer signed a check that the rest of the film refused to cash.

The trailers also didn't show
the other Kaiju until the VERY final couple trailers, so you can't really even say that the trailers were indicative of anything in the film's actual content other than the overall TONE - which is really all they wanted to convey through the trailers.

I'd still VASTLY prefer that to the "show you a quick montage of the whole fucking film" tactic that other films take.

Also, I reject your accusation entirely because...
...the film had EXACTLY as much Bryan Cranston as the trailers did.

:hugeawesomonster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Holy hell King Ghidorraaahh!!!

Just dont bring those boring-as-fuck Brody family ever again and we're good.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Yeah lets make it 20 minutes longer and not add boring shit like Ford and his equally boring family for the sequel.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Personally speaking, the build up that they made for Godzilla to finally be revealed in full during the final battle made all of the moments leading up to it feel powerful and it made literally every second he was on screen a memorable one. (5:39-5:49 actually being my favorite one in the film, because you get to see all of his emotions in his face).

Also, I'm pretty sure that the confirmation of Ghidorah & Mothra being in the sequel, and the first film being more about the build up to kaiju being revealed to the world means that we'll be seeing a LOT more of the kaiju in the sequel (both in number and in overall screentime), though I don't think it'll be a full-on Pacific Rim brawl fest.

Top Bottom