• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well, given that it's tentatively being called, "Godzilla Vs. Kong" and Godzilla and King Kong fought in an old Godzilla film, it seems that they want them to go against one another, but I really can't imagine them not having to team up against something else -- especially given that it will be AFTER Godzilla 2, which has King Ghodorah in it.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what they go for.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
They will probably increase Kong's size for his film and vs. Godzilla to compliment big G.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Like maybe Guillermo Del Toro?

If i'ts annouced that Guillermo Del Toro is doing a 'giant monster movie' and it's not Cthulhu related I'll choke a bitch. :@

But yeah a Godzilla film by Guillermo Del Toro, that would be interesting.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Like maybe Guillermo Del Toro?

If i'ts annouced that Guillermo Del Toro is doing a 'giant monster movie' and it's not Cthulhu related I'll choke a bitch. :@

But yeah a Godzilla film by Guillermo Del Toro, that would be interesting.

THIS.

I think that GDT is a really good director, but I can't imagine the Legendary Godzilla followed up by him. Then again, I still can't wrap by head around Godzilla Vs. King Kong, so...?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, S.H. Monsterarts frequently does figures & I have their Godzilla 2014 figure, and I have pre-ordered some from Toho's film. I'll kink some images below the tag for anyone who wants to check them out. (Apologies for the lack of direct links. Their site doesn't really do direct linking to any things).

I really like that they utilize the actual 3D data from the films in making these figures AND they're extremely highly articulated (which is why I have my 2014 Godzilla fighting Evangelion Unit-03)

The Godzilla 2014 Figure that I own with the aperture to adjust his atomic breath height (chose this one to hopefully guess at scale)
g14sf-hires-1.jpg

The Shin Godzilla figure with what appears to be the same aperture (hopefully to decent compare scale between the two).
shin-awaken-8.jpg

Shin Godzilla Forms 2, 3, & 4 (2 & 3 come as a set, and I'm getting a different version of 4)
shinab-hires-9.jpg

The version I'm getting has an alternate jaw, and a different paint job to reflect when he's charged with atomic energy.
shin-awaken-3.jpg

Additionally, he's got an alternate tailpiece and two of his high-intensity atomic breath rays (one for each), in addition to his massive fire cloud.
shin-awaken-6.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I really can't wait until it comes out on BluRay and other people who didn't stalk the limited release, or watch it on an international flight get a chance to see it. :monster:

I'm HOPING (but not certain) that it'll be to scale with my Godzilla 2014 figure. If it is, I'll probably post some pictures with it. (Though those might go in the Toho Godzilla thread? I dunno, the post involved both Godzillas, so I just chose the first thread I saw for this last post and spoiler tagged it).

Either way, S.H.Monsterarts does REALLY kickass hyper-posable figured for Godzilla and I wanted to gush about them and hopefully make anyone interested aware of them if they weren't already.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, in the credits, there's a note that the characters were used with the permission of Toho: Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah.

That set me at full excitement for the aftercredit scene that shows cave drawings of Godzilla, Rodan, & Mothra… followed by a final one of Godzilla fighting against King Ghidorah.

I'm wondering if King Kong & Godzilla King of the Monsters are gonna team up to take on King Ghidorah in a "Battle Royal" if you will.

Hyped. As. Hell.

So, in the credits, there's a note that the characters were used with the permission of Toho: Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah.

That set me at full excitement for the aftercredit scene that shows cave drawings of Godzilla, Rodan, & Mothra… followed by a final one of Godzilla fighting against King Ghidorah.

I'm wondering if King Kong & Godzilla King of the Monsters are gonna team up to take on King Ghidorah in a "Battle Royal" if you will.

Hyped. As. Hell.

Kong: Save... Mothra..!
Godzilla: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Hyped. As. Hell.

Kong: Save... Mothra..!
Godzilla: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?

11/10. Favourite comment right here. I'll still be chuckling about this hours from now.

Godzilla Vs. King Kong has recently had some news that there're 7 different writers working on it, and I have to think that Ghidorah is the reason. If Ghidorah is kept as the extraterrestrial Kaiju threat, we'll have the reemerged activity of MUTO and other Kaiju across Earth to point to for drawing its attention and the mutual threat to go against, since it's basically a Planet-destroying monster.

I can't imagine Godzilla 2 having Ghidorah in it for one simple reason – Ghidorah is essentially the answer to the "What if we took Godzilla, made him twice as big, gave him wings like Rodan/Mothra, gave him two tails, AND gave him three heads that all vomit lightning!?" – and after THAT sort of confrontation, I just CANNOT IMAGINE that the inquiry, "What if Godzilla fought a big Gorilla?" is even remotely interesting at that point, or anything other than incredibly one-sided.

Also, given that the films are only a year apart, I think that you can set up some things with a little more urgency to be answered without much issue.

On that note, it'll be interesting to see how much we get out of the "Hollow Earth Theory" driving this universe, since Godzilla and the MUTO were also essentially drawn out from the underground, and it's at least HINTED at that Godzilla was the one who wrecked John Goodman's navy ship in Kong. It'll be interesting to see what other places they use as pockets from which to draw up destruction (and also how Kong's supposed to be able to leave Skull Island without letting it get overrun by Skull Crawlers).

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm just wondering if they're ever going to learn that audiences really HATE the filler, which try as they might, all the emotional drama that pads the entire series really just is. With the budgets they command, we should have at least 50/50 drama/monster action. The only time I've enjoyed the drama is Godzilla Resurgence, because it was actually satire disguised as drama.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I am going to respectfully fully disagree. I don't see the human-centric plots as being "filler" at all, nor do I hate them. They're what can, but don't always end up making the big difference between the bad, good, great films.

In fact, a lot of the "Vs." films suffer from having too much focus on just showing off the monsters fighting, but lacking substance that stands up from the larger picture.

Top Bottom