Let's ALL Play The Classic Final Fantasies! [IDEA THREAD]

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
GBA version has slightly altered OST to accound for the speakers being less robust

Also the color on the GBA version looks all washed out and shit like its been in the sun too long.

Probably because there was something aded to it that I thought was worth getting when I downloaded it, which I've forgotten what it was now.

Updated translation, extra Espers, and two side dungeons. Definitely worth a play, but I think only once you've played the original first.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Updated translation
Probably not on the one I was going to be playing :awesome:

[/elistist snobbery]

It was probably the extra dungeons/espers that made me go for that one, but I think I have the SNES one as well anyway so I'll play that one instead. This would be the first time I'm playing it (except a bit at the start a while back).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
GBA version has slightly altered OST to accound for the speakers being less robust

PS1 has technically better sound... but shit load times.

This thread makes me want to do a TLS Dorf Fortress.

You mean Dwarf Fortress perchance? :awesome:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'll try to feel it out based on how fast everyone is playing the game. I'll generally try to stay ahead of the curve though; I'm betting that I know more about the gameplay mechanics and intricacies of FFVI than most people here (not an insult against any of you guys, but I'm into FFVI's bits and pieces than probably what is healthy), so I'll probably be able to stay ahead of the pack.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have beaten it once, I just always have trouble there. VII got easier every time I played it to the point that I can beat it no time. But Kefka's tower gives me hell every time, lol.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I have beaten it once, I just always have trouble there. VII got easier every time I played it to the point that I can beat it no time. But Kefka's tower gives me hell every time, lol.

Follow my advice and you will literally never even get hit, ever (at least one character).

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Count me in on this. I'll probably be a bit slow as I take a lot of time to build up, but I'll try to keep up. I've never beaten this game despite many attempts (I got close once but my comp crashed wiping out my save files) so this will be a good experience for me.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
Since I just played it like...3 months ago, I'll probably just follow along. If I have time I'll load up a save XD I have saves for like, every 10 minutes haha. Emulation ftw?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'll be downloading the ROM and emulator then. Played it like 20 times, but it's been a while.

The Dead Skin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
God... I wish I could play at least FFIV. (have the SNES rom and all)

But I'm too late. Shows how active I've been in this forum. :/

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
We'll do an LP of IV later. I might just do myself. In glorious snarky style, too.

Top Bottom