Lightning Stars In Louis Vuitton Commercial

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
This ad just goes to show that Lightning is every bit the uppity bitch I thought she was. Cause she wouldn't be modeling just any ol' brand, no it's fucking Louis Vuitton.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
As if. I don't know the character all that well, but I would have thought she'd have better taste. Also why is she holding the bag at arms length like it's full of puke?

To actually explain, they used the in game model and animations for Lightning, and the handbag is literally being held as her sword.

She is also just about to punch a dumbass.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
...the dress kinda looks pretty on Lightning, but the color clashes horribly with her hair. Does the dress only come in that one color?!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Also, what's with the tiara? Is she hoping to activate her Moon Prism Power?

Umatbru

TLS's Resident Troll
What did I just watch? :monster:
On one hand, it strikes me as nothing fancy, but on the other hand I like to nerd out about the fact that they're using a video game character, a Final Fantasy character, to model clothes and purses in a commercial. :awesome:
Yeah. I know it's also weird but all in all, as a fan it strikes me as good silly fun. I got no problems with this kind of marketing. I mean, Nathan Drake did subway, why can't Lightning model ridiculous clothes?

It's not the first time this happened? Lightning wore men's clothes then which looked better on her, and honestly the only person that looked good in it was Sazh. And FFXV's clothes was designed by an actual clothing company right?

tumblr_n18z37ILPu1qfxq41o1_1280.jpg

Which company?

Splintered

unsavory tart
tumblr_o0icdi7xv51uz0y05o1_1280.png

tumblr_o0icdi7xv51uz0y05o2_1280.png

I've always believed that designing clothes for videogame characters and for real life should be different. They don't look good on each other.

Which company?

wikia said:
Noctis's clothing is designed by Hiromu Takahara, creative director of the Japanese designer clothing label Roen

Honestly his other clothes looked much better.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Even if the clothes don't look particularly good on Lightning, I'm just ecstatic that a designer company like LV would make Lightning the face of their brand.

Say what you want about XIII as a game, but Lightning is a stunningly beautiful character, and I'm glad she's getting the attention.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Never played FFXIII, and know little about Lightning, but pricing these Vanity Fair magazines in the shop this morning made me feel a lot less at work :monster: - she has my gratitude

e9bvpt.jpg

RedFFWolf

Donator
They were on the back cover of the UK edition of Vanity Fair at least, which even in Ireland is a decent seller. I'm sure they're popping up in many a place :)

If the trend picks up more, I can imagine Aerith or Tifa being models following the remake and its expected popularity.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I'll have to find it again but there's an image floating around of a Louis Vuitton store with Lightning on it.

I still am enjoying it in a lolgood natured way although I wonder who this for. Like the cheapest lv bag is a little over a grand and of the fee people I know that have one do not play games. And all the gamers I know wouldn't drop that kind of money on a bag. It's an odd collaboration that could only really exist because they just wanted too damnit. Which I can appreciate.

I mean it's a step up from playboy from spirits within, or the numerous Doritos and Mountain Dew campaigns.

EDIT:

FOUND IT

tumblr_o0j3rgYcAc1skvtnto1_1280.jpg

Apparently it's a store in Malaysia in their mall

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I bet a virtual model is cheaper and easier to handle than the real ones, :monster:. Economics, y0

Lex

Administrator
So Lightning has been featured in the UK telegraph having given "an interview".

Is it your first campaign? How do you feel to be part of the ‘fashion family’ along with Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Williams, Alicia Vikander?

They are in a completely different world. ­­­­­ As part of the family, but I have so much to learn to catch up to these radiant women who are light years away from where I stand.

I hope that one day, we can share the same stage, that different worlds can come together. But who knows? Maybe that’s ambitious, even for me.

Fortunately, I’m not one to give up. One of my strengths is “experience.” I’m no stranger to overcoming challenges and finishing what I’ve set out to do. I can face any kind of trial as long as I remember the following words:

“It’s not a question of can or can’t. Some things in life you just do.”

What do you think about Nicolas Ghesquière’s vision and his collections? Do you recognise yourself in his creations?

Though his style was new to me, the moment I laid eyes on his collection, it was as if I was hit by a bolt of lightning. I knew that with this, people could change. I could change.

It turns out I was right. His collection fills me with a sense of serenity and pride. All this time, I thought the only style that suited me was one that mirrored who I was: strong and tough. But I was wrong. He changed the way I see myself. Perhaps I’m finally learning who I truly am.

What does it feel like to become a Louis Vuitton ambassador?

My clothes were nothing more than armor to stay alive; “dressing up” was a concept I’ve never had. Perhaps that makes me an unseemly choice as ambassador. But this experience has opened my eyes. Fashion isn’t something you’re taught or given, it comes from your own taste and your own choices. It displays the essence of who you are to the people around you.

It makes me feel excited, a feeling similar to when I venture to unknown lands. It is a thrill that I, who has faced my share of danger, have never experienced before. LV is a new adventure―a new fantasy―that I will enjoy from the bottom of my heart.

What are your upcoming projects?

I’m currently winding down after a long journey. My days are peaceful; it’s what I’ve always dreamed of. I hope these days last a long time.

But I’m always looking to push myself, to better myself. Sometimes I get the urge to put my life on the line again and test my limits.

One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.

I look forward to the day we meet again.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.

I look forward to the day we meet again.

Well that's a bit ... whaaaat is she alluding to here? Suspicious!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Now I'm tempted to run to a store to check magazines for Louis Vuitton ads...

Guess the campaign worked, :monster:

Just think about it guys, this stunt got Louis V featured on every gaming and FF news site and social network outlet for days / weeks now. ?????, profit.

Top Bottom