• Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
EVERYTHING LEAUTE SAID

EVERYTHING

also while we're on the subject of the girls' flaws; I've been playing through FFXIII and I find that Vanille (and her many flaws) are a strange combination of Tifa and Aerith's. It's a part of why I find her irresistable.

Oh and because she's a redheaded lesbian, obv.
I thought that was sort of the case as well, since her inaction leads to problems in-game (like Tifa), but she tries to hide her issues under a guise of 'oh no, I'm totally happy, hee hee!' like Aerith would.

LTD solved, Aerith and Tifa had SCIENCE BABIES. :reptar:

Vendel

Banned
And the brain goes numb again.

well known pinker said:
Yeah, we know that Cloud returns to live at the Seventh Heaven, but he wasn't shown returning there during Calling or Safe & Sound. Instead, he's shown riding out amongst flowers that are supposed to represent Aerith. Furthermore, Reminiscence shows that he *stopped* and got off Fenrir by the flower fields.
Cloud is shown stopping by the flower fields and Aerith is shown waiting in the flower fields. During Reminiscence, the phone call where Cloud is shown to be stopped by the flower fields is the *only* call where we don't hear the voice of who Cloud is talking to on his phone - so it's like someone else is listening in, perhaps Aerith.

Safe & Sound also ends with a scene of Aerith's Church, which the creators have said is Cloud's Promised Land.
All of this pretty clearly indicates Clerith to me. IMO, there's not a shred of Cloti indicated.

Someone hold me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Stuff like that really makes me wonder how long a straw can really be. I mean really? Cloud stopped because he was at Barret's house. He went out there ONLY because YUFFIE told him to go to Barret's house!

It is also obvious that he was talking to Tifa on the phone, and I think it seems to be a common consensus that they just couldn't get Tifa's VA for those lines. She wasn't available or some such?

But yeah he totally goes and asks Tifa to close the bar and she obviously says yes. But hey, that's Clerith proof right there everyone.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Sorry I just thought it was funny! My mind is blown, here's something they've been saying for a while ... and they say it again :monster:

It is also obvious that he was talking to Tifa on the phone, and I think it seems to be a common consensus that they just couldn't get Tifa's VA for those lines. She wasn't available or some such?
Okay I forget, at the very end was he stopped at Barret's?... I guess I remember him stopping there but I thought he went on his bike for a bit and then his phone rang so he pulled over to answer it.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
Cloud is shown stopping by the flower fields and Aerith is shown waiting in the flower fields. During Reminiscence, the phone call where Cloud is shown to be stopped by the flower fields is the *only* call where we don't hear the voice of who Cloud is talking to on his phone - so it's like someone else is listening in, perhaps Aerith.
lol wait what

Aerith using electronics to communicate with Cloud? Why the hell would Aerith use a cell phone to get in touch with Cloud if her and Cloud's souls really were 'bonded'?

this shit gets confusing

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
*face palm*

She's saying "Someone is listening in, maybe it's Aerith" so Aerith is the person listening in, not the person on the phone

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Because Cloud stopped by the flower field and Aerith was seen in there earlier. The last call we only hear Cloud so it's like someone is listening in. The most logical conclusion to that ... scenario is Aerith.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
She's not listening from a phone, she's listening from the flower field... are you guys really not getting this? XD

Do I have to bring out the stick figures again? :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If Aerith's listening in on his call to Tifa, Aerith's stalking Cloud. So CLINGY[/sarcasm]

Yeah, we know that Cloud returns to live at the Seventh Heaven, but he wasn't shown returning there during Calling or Safe & Sound. Instead, he's shown riding out amongst flowers that are supposed to represent Aerith. Furthermore, Reminiscence shows that he *stopped* and got off Fenrir by the flower fields.

Actually, it doesn't. Unless you mean when he met Barrett. Is Barrett shacking up with Aerith too? Because we can attach Barrett and Aerith to flower fields.
Also, 'amongst' is definitely overstating Cloud DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY next to flowers.
Know what else Reminiscence shows? Cloud calling Tifa. Making proactive attempts to talk with her.

We see a static shot with flowers in them twice. Only in one do we see anything stopped by flower fields, and that's the shot with Barret.
ZOMFG BERITH.

Safe & Sound also ends with a scene of Aerith's Church, which the creators have said is Cloud's Promised Land.

For fuck's sake, Safe and Sound- IF YOU MUST call Second Credits that- ENDS with a shot of Cloud driving into the distance towards home where we know he's heading thanks to Reminiscence and the epilogue.
Now, the Epilogue, where Aerith's church and Zack's sword are seen together, show Cloud visiting Zack's hill, not Aerith's church.

And that's without mentioning the REASON why the church is the place where Cloud finds happiness. It's not because it's Aerith's church. Not because she's still hanging about- her and Zack leaving for the lifestream where they belong is repeatedly hammered at us, after all- but because he is now OVER HIS FUCKING GUILT and can now GO BACK HOME WITH HIS FAMILY AND THE WOMAN HE LOVES.

All of this pretty clearly indicates Clerith to me. IMO, there's not a shred of Cloti indicated.

Taking a SHIT clearly indicates Clerith to you, so shut your shit hole and your ass too.

crack

Donator
She's not listening from a phone, she's listening from the flower field... are you guys really not getting this? XD

Do I have to bring out the stick figures again? :monster:
so this person is saying that because we don't hear the other person to whom cloud is speaking to, aerith is listening?

... that still makes no sense

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
oh wait you got it now... because I have photoshop open and I was totally ready to do a stick figure thing

Taking a SHIT clearly indicates Clerith to you, so shut your shit hole and your ass too.
Ryu's getting upset, look out, rabid Ryu on the loose.

crack

Donator
oh wait you got it now... because I have photoshop open and I was totally ready to do a stick figure thing
2qjlzc2.jpg

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

PSD for stick figure comics? That's like a mauser to a matchstick.

Ryu's getting upset, look out, rabid Ryu on the loose.

You ain't seen me upset or rabid, yet.
PRAY you never do.

This is simply calling a spade a spade. I feel there are people to whom one should be nice, and those for whom one should be as mean as can be. The former group is very large, the latter very small. Our dear pink pontiff is decidedly among the latter.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
PSD for stick figure comics? That's like a mauser to a matchstick.
I'm using Ubuntu which doesn't have a generic art program.. I mean it has Gimp but Gimp doesn't have a circle tool.

You ain't seen me upset or rabid, yet.
PRAY you never do.
Do tell :monster:

.... yeah... thanks :P

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I can't be the only one who's kinda creeped out by that.

cReo

HRH The Prince of Hell
AKA
_=Taige=_

whew.... i shouldn't have entered this thread before going to bed...

can someone knock this shit out of my head... have mercy on my brain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom