• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So I finally buckled down and read all of Maiden of the Planet, and personally, I really enjoyed it. It gave me a feeling that the OTWTASs didn't give me. I think what I like most about it, is it puts you in a good mood. Alot of the Cases of are just depressing, with reason yes, but still I don't like reading depressing stuff all the time. Maiden is a lot more upbeat and just more fun to read. Everyone seemed to be in character too, I know I've heard that some were OOC, but I disagree completely. Aerith seemed like Aerith and so on. Everything flowed nicely. I actually wanted it to keep going and TBH I feel bad for not having read it sooner

Seriously, why is Maiden so shat upon? What did you guys think about it?

Also I'm not really asking about whether or not it's canon, just if you liked it or not.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I wouldn't say that Maiden is completely upbeat, I mean I actually felt really bad for Aerith during Maiden. I do enjoy reading Maiden- I like the story. Do I think it's canon? No. And not because I dislike the way it's written, or it's content, or because of the worthless LTD. Simply because like Last Order, it doesn't seem very solid and there are inconsistencies in it. Anyway, just because I don't think it's official doesn't mean I hate it. I love Last Order despite all the crap it gets for not being accurate.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Maybe Celes didn't vote for it sucks
learn.gif

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah good point... okay then.

why did YOU vote for it sucks? :kermit:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think I sort of lost it during the "Cloud's mind is a cracky egg" metaphor. The story wasn't that bad to be honest, but the writing style was ridiculous imo.

Though sylistically it was more enjoyable than OTWTAS, I felt OTWTAS had better plots. I dunno, I just really liked Case of Tifa/Denzel/ShinRa. They were the most solid parts of the Compilation narratively speaking, imo.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Then why did you vote for it sucks?

STFU I didn't even see the poll until now, and I voted it's awesome. :awesome:

The writing style made it seem like a fanfiction... and hey, it kind of was. XD

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really quite liked it. There are some odd stylistic things, and the pacing is a bit off. But overall, it has a great feel to it.

I wish Zack's role was bigger, but its nice to have him there at all.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It was so so to me, I agree with Looneymoon, the writing style was ridiculous, it had too many inconsistencies and wish Zack would have had a bigger role

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The writing style was too ridiculous and Aerith being like 'YEAH YOU ECOTERRORISTS I DID SOME PRETTY UNFORGIVABLE THINGS TOO I SOLD FLOWERS TRAGEDY' was like 'lol rly?'

Pixel

The Pixie King
Well, actually, that was a mistranslation, it was that she gave people too little change when selling flowers.

What a bitch XD

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well, actually, that was a mistranslation, it was that she gave people too little change when selling flowers.

What a bitch XD
WELL I CAN SEE HOW SHE CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH PEOPLE WHO KILLED HUNDREDS I MEAN LOSING A BIT OF MONEY HERE AND THERE WHEN YOU'RE IN THE SLUMS IS AWFUL.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

What a bitch XD

*GASP* THAT'S STEALING!!! THERE'S A MATERIA FOR THAT!

I haven't read it in forever, but I recall that I rather enjoyed it at the time. I shuold probably go back over it before I vote though...

X :neo:

minimosey

Pro Adventurer

What a bitch XD

You know, for some reason I have a hard time picturing her doing that, even though she is one of the teammates who goes "let's steal it? OK, Cloud!" when you're looking at the Tiny Bronco. She was honest about ripping people off in Wall Market. :awesome:

I just didn't like Maiden Who Travels The Planet for having Aerith say some...really stupid things. Like that. And while it had neat ideas about the Lifestream, it seemed boring when it came to Aerith herself. I tried taking another look at it to see if I'd like it and I was actually wondering if "thoughtlessly selling flowers" might be less about what she was doing (plucking flowers, OH THE HORROR) and more about what she isn't doing (and being "thoughtless" by doing so). I mean, there's always a lot of emphasis by Tseng that she's supposed to be a type of savior as the last Cetra, so maybe she could have some doubt about how right he was and if there was something more she could have done earlier in life. Actually I've got a whole idea about this involving BC, but that's a huge tangent. Anyway, when I thought it might be that, I liked it better...but as just "oh I sold flowers / oh I might have shorted some change" it's a level of stupid that makes me cringe even for Aerith. (Not to insult Aerith, but yeah, she does stupid things with people sometimes.)

Funny enough, on the first readthrough I didn't really like what it did with Zack and Aerith, but on the most recent one I thought it nailed things pretty well on that count.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think if you put it in the context that she's trying to make them feel better, but she never really did anything bad, so she couldnt really relate to their guilt, that was the only thing she could come up with.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
I always thought it was meant in that context. Still, it seems really stupid to me, so it was annoying.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It wasn't a bad story, it's just unfortunate that everyone takes it as gospel. Even overriding facts presented in things actually written by Square. Or even the actual games/movie.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
I liked maiden. I didn't love it though....Like Celes said, it read like fanfiction. The story was an enjoyable read all in all but it was inconsistent :/

Atem said:
It wasn't a bad story, it's just unfortunate that everyone takes it as gospel. Even overriding facts presented in things actually written by Square. Or even the actual games/movie.

^Pretty much sums it up :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I thought it was great.

Also don't really get why it's called inconsistent all the time considering that, you know, it came before the Compilation. It's the Compilation that was inconsistent (with Maiden, with the original game, with itself).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I thought it was great.

Also don't really get why it's called inconsistent all the time considering that, you know, it came before the Compilation. It's the Compilation that was inconsistent (with Maiden, with the original game, with itself).

Mostly because the general rules of canon either run by a scientific 'majority of the evidence' or a 'Latest counts most' rule.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought it was great.

No surprise you'd like this pig shit. That's like Richard Simmons stating he likes cock. Nope, not much new there. Of course you'd eat this glurge up. And DC for your strange loli fixation on Shelke. You have a strange habit of taking in the worst the Compilation has to offer and hugging it as its sole defender.

And you're hilarious. It's not that Maiden was wrong..its the COMPILATION OF FFVII THAT'S WRONG. DAMN THEM FOR NOT LISTENING TO BENNY.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You really need to come off your high horse Mako. It's becoming really unpleasant to have to listen to you rant in every topic because someone disagrees with you.

And really the inconsistencies in Maiden pale in comparison to the inconstancies in BC and CC.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yeah, speak for yourself Quexinos. Mako, if you need a high horse you can ride me anytime baby.

Also, Cloud's heart was like an egg that was on the verge of cracking open. It wasn’t going to crack open like the way an egg hatched but, as if only the yolk was going to seep out of it.

Top Bottom