• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's just redonkulous. Those take place in another universe, Maiden does not.

No it's not. You want to play, "its in the Ultimania, its canon!" game, then we can play. Either keep context in mind, or let the floodgates open. Don't cherry pick what you want to count.

Again it doesn't really fit for them to suddenly start talking about Dyne or something in Aerith's timeline or profile.

How would they need to talk about Dyne? All they'd have to say was a statement of Aerith's journey through the Lifestream and encountering the deceased individuals while rallying the lifestream. Nothing is said in reference to Maiden at all. Again, funny how OTWTS is referenced though.

You missed my point dude, my point was that how often something gets referenced or talked about isn't something that should decide whether or not it's canon.

Actually it should. If it's actually referenced or mentioned as part of the series in question, or the plot in question, then odds are its canon. Until something appears suddenly and renders the entry moot (in the case of LO) then yeah. It's part of the package.

You can't even compare LO to Maiden. LO was at least considered part of the Compilation of FFVII and discussed. Maiden is literally the forgotten stepchild. They couldn't even say "Maiden isn't canon" because its never even been stated or referred to in canon in the first place.

You know what I mean... :catfight:

Your words not mine!

And OTWTASs get mentioned in these? And DoC Last Episode as well?

They sure do. Even DC Last fucking Episode. That shortlived, forgotten cell phone spinoff of a spinoff. How fucking sad is that, that DC Lost Episode got a mention before Maiden?

It's not really. I mean Final Fantasy X had X-2. Yeah it's not a series but still. If nothing else this guy has written has been questioned, Maiden shouldn't be either.

One direct sequel doesn't make a damn compilation. Again, entirely different situation and spinoff franchise. The story is not in line with the Compilation of FFVII and is ignored. Now you're just using the "argument from authority" fallacy. It doesn't matter what Benny wrote for another franchise, or how much he's written. If it doesn't fit FFVII, then it doesn't fucking fit.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No it's not. You want to play, "its in the Ultimania, its canon!" game, then we can play. Either keep context in mind, or let the floodgates open. Don't cherry pick what you want to count.
You're the one cherry picking here. You're saying, "Well here's some stuff that happens in an alternate universe, that while canon to their own universes, isn't canon to FFVII. Oh and that story that's in the back that was supervised by Square, that's not canon."

Those mentions of Aerith and Cloud in Parasite even and what not isn't canon to FFVII because... i mean that doesn't even make sense.

How would they need to talk about Dyne? All they'd have to say was a statement of Aerith's journey through the Lifestream and encountering the deceased individuals while rallying the lifestream. Nothing is said in reference to Maiden at all. Again, funny how OTWTS is referenced though.
Talk about whoever I mean... and it does say stuff about her rallying the lifestream. It said she used a portion of it to stop meteor.

They sure do. Even DC Last fucking Episode. That shortlived, forgotten cell phone spinoff of a spinoff. How fucking sad is that, that DC Lost Episode got a mention before Maiden?
Curious, is the Ultimania Omega not in there then? It was, at least, at some point, mentioned as part of the Compilation.

One direct sequel doesn't make a damn compilation. Again, entirely different situation and spinoff franchise. The story is not in line with the Compilation of FFVII and is ignored. Now you're just using the "argument from authority" fallacy. It doesn't matter what Benny wrote for another franchise, or how much he's written. If it doesn't fit FFVII, then it doesn't fucking fit.

Maybe it isn't mentioned because someone other than Nojima and Nomura wrote it. And lots of stuff doesn't fit FFVII... Before Crisis for one... so really that's not a great argument here.

Oh dears. It's getting heated. What should I do?

:mj:

You're cute.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You're the one cherry picking here. You're saying, "Well here's some stuff that happens in an alternate universe, that while canon to their own universes, isn't canon to FFVII. Oh and that story that's in the back that was supervised by Square, that's not canon."

Just because something's in an Ultimania doesn't make it canon. Common sense helps, as does context in evaluating evidence. The fact its never mentioned again and is contradicted outright but the actual written plot done by the authors leads anyone with a mind to understand Maiden doesn't fit into the actual canon of the series. The fact its in the back of the Ultimania Omega of FFVII doesn't mean shit, because the context of its inclusion is that its merely a side story done by an outside author.

Those mentions of Aerith and Cloud in Parasite even and what not isn't canon to FFVII because... i mean that doesn't even make sense.

Its referenced in the UO of FFVII though, therefore it must be canon somehow. Just like Maiden.

Talk about whoever I mean... and it does say stuff about her rallying the lifestream. It said she used a portion of it to stop meteor.

Funny how Maiden says she rallied the entire lifestream itself as her cries rung through the entire souls of the collective consciousnesses residing within. Another wonderful contradiction.

Curious, is the Ultimania Omega not in there then? It was, at least, at some point, mentioned as part of the Compilation.

....How the hell would the Ultimania Omega of FFVII be listed as part of the Compilation? It's a guidebook. It's not an actual media entry or part of the plot.

Maybe it isn't mentioned because someone other than Nojima and Nomura wrote it. And lots of stuff doesn't fit FFVII... Before Crisis for one... so really that's not a great argument here.

Maybe it isn't mentioned because it's not part of the canon. Maybe it isn't mentioned because it contradicts the plots of the stories written by the actual authors. Maybe its not mentioned because they don't care about it. Maybe its not mentioned because it doesn't fucking fit.

Before Crisis fits because its made to fit, seeing as how it was written by the original authors and fit into the stores of CC and DC. Its retcons are part of the story. I'd like you to give me a BC example that literally causes the storyline of the Compilation of FFVII to be made contradictory or unable to be rectified with itself. Give me 2 examples. Comparing the outside work of an outside author to the actual intended story of the creators is stupid. Benny's interpretation of the plot doesn't trump what the creators intend for the story.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Okay so, "Here in the Ultimania that's full of creator interviews and facts, here's a ttly fake story just for shits and giglez, enjoy lol!"

THAT'S what doesn't make sense.

You know maybe it doesn't get mentioned because it's just a side story. It's what Aerith was doing after she died. And again, Last Order DOES get mentioned a lot, and it's NOT canon. So how often something gets mentioned or not shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Yes it should.
Because it means Last Order IS IMPORTANT.
It's not in the timeline, but it's IMPORTANT.
Maiden gets mentioned all of NEVER.
Timeline or not, it matters fuckall to SE.

What about the revised edition? I was under the impression that came out after the fact.

No. There is still no ACC current Ulti.

Was Nojima the guy who approached Benny to write the story? Or is that not clear?

Approached? Where's this approached?

That's what I don't get. Why the hell would they publish a completely fake story, and NOT say it's fake in the back of one of the Ultimanias?

Because they didn't expect anyone to give a shit, likely.

Okay show me the lists then.
But I want to point out that the FFVII Ultimania Omega was referred to on Square Enix's official website as part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII under Magazines/Book and that's what Maiden was published in.

No it isn't. I keep hearing this. I keep checking the fucking site. It keeps NOT FUCKING BEING THERE. I keep TELLING people this. This bullshit is then repeated.
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/title/finalfantasy/
NOT.
FUCKING.
THERE.
DEAL.

You missed my point dude, my point was that how often something gets referenced or talked about isn't something that should decide whether or not it's canon.

If something is never mentioned again.
EVER.
It might as well be not canon to a continuity.

It's not really. I mean Final Fantasy X had X-2. Yeah it's not a series but still. If nothing else this guy has written has been questioned, Maiden shouldn't be either.

Doesn't work that way.
And Benny has not written for 10 or 10-2 to my knowledge.
Nor for the Ivalice Alliance.

I'd like to inquire who here actually knows any other story written by that guy. :monster:

He wrote, IIRC, the Diary entries in Dismantled and in the FFVIII Ulti. Maybe something for 9. He has not, to my recollection, been asked back since.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Just because something's in an Ultimania doesn't make it canon. Common sense helps, as does context in evaluating evidence. The fact its never mentioned again and is contradicted outright but the actual written plot done by the authors leads anyone with a mind to understand Maiden doesn't fit into the actual canon of the series. The fact its in the back of the Ultimania Omega of FFVII doesn't mean shit, because the context of its inclusion is that its merely a side story done by an outside author.
Just explain this to me. What the hell is the point of, "Hey Benny, we need you to write a totally fictional story about Aerith from FFVII. Now, we're not going to SAY is fiction, and we'll publish it in our guidebook full of facts and interviews, but it's totally fiction."

Its referenced in the UO of FFVII though, therefore it must be canon somehow. Just like Maiden.
It IS canon, in whatever game it happened in.

Funny how Maiden says she rallied the entire lifestream itself as her cries rung through the entire souls of the collective consciousnesses residing within. Another wonderful contradiction.
She only sent out a potion but had the whole thing under her control was my understanding.

....How the hell would the Ultimania Omega of FFVII be listed as part of the Compilation? It's a guidebook. It's not an actual media entry or part of the plot.
Then what does this say. Because if you can clear this up now that'd probably stop a lot of this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071026212437/http://www.square-enix.com/jp/title/compilation_of_ff7/

Under マガジン&ブック (Magazines and Books), is the UO listed?

Give me 2 examples.
1. Sephiroth's suicide
2. Nanaki finding his mate despite not knowing she exists in FFVII. And none of that "Maybe he thought she died" bull.

Approached? Where's this approached?
I'm under the assumption that someone went up to Benny and asked him to write the story.

No it isn't. I keep hearing this. I keep checking the fucking site. It keeps NOT FUCKING BEING THERE. I keep TELLING people this. This bullshit is then repeated.
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/title/finalfantasy/
NOT.
FUCKING.
THERE.
DEAL.
See what I posted up there.

He wrote, IIRC, the Diary entries in Dismantled and in the FFVIII Ulti. Maybe something for 9. He has not, to my recollection, been asked back since.
So how often is Dismantled mentioned as part of the Compilation? Or do we not consider that canon either?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just explain this to me. What the hell is the point of, "Hey Benny, we need you to write a totally fictional story about Aerith from FFVII. Now, we're not going to SAY is fiction, and we'll publish it in our guidebook full of facts and interviews, but it's totally fiction."

Can a story not just be written for fun?

Why does Marvel publish an extent series of comics that showcases all of the Marvel superheroes and villains turned into zombies and destroying the world? OH NO, its a waste of time because its not part of the main universe. STOP THE PRESSES.

No, it's canon in FFVII, because its in the FFVII UO. IF ITS IN THERE, ITS CANON OTHERWISE ITS A WASTE OF TIME. ITS IN A BOOK FULL OF FACTS AND INTERVIEWS.

She only sent out a potion but had the whole thing under her control was my understanding.

Well that sure is a roundabout explanation for it. Great.

Then what does this say. Because if you can clear this up now that'd probably stop a lot of this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071026212437/http://www.square-enix.com/jp/title/compilation_of_ff7/

What the fuck? That's an official listing of the merchandise on sale related to FFVII. Are you high? I guess the Cloudy Wolf lighter is part of the Compilation of FFVII too!! Along with the DC Soundtrack!

1. Sephiroth's suicide
2. Nanaki finding his mate despite not knowing she exists in FFVII. And none of that "Maybe he thought she died" bull.

Sephiroth's leap into the reactor is retconned by CC, and doesn't change anything, especially considering its only included there and thusly ignored.

Red XIII could easily have thought Dinne died sometime during FFVII, causing him to believe that he truly was the last of his kind, until Bugenhagen told him that there was still a chance she was around. That contradicts and changes nothing. It's a slight inconsistency at best.

It is nowhere near the same level of plot contortion as Hojo's motivation for injecting himself with Jenova cells being completely re-written as of DC, the fate of Hojo's consciousness as of DC, the circumstance of Zack and Aerith meeting being completely re-written in CC, the ages of Zack and Aerith meeting being re-written in CC, Aerith's knowledge of Zack's death being re-written as of CC, Aerith's attitude towards Zack being re-written, the circumstances of their relationship, and the other outright contradictions that have emerged thanks to the creators not giving a shit about what Benny wrote and instead going their own route.

I'm under the assumption that someone went up to Benny and asked him to write the story.

That's your assumption though.

So how often is Dismantled mentioned as part of the Compilation? Or do we not consider that canon either?

Nothing in Dismantled has ever been referenced in any of the guidebooks either.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Nothing in Dismantled has ever been referenced in any of the guidebooks either.
So is it canon or no?... I want to know this before I write a full reply.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Who ever said they asked? Or said 'Write about Aerith in the afterlife' or anything?

This is semantic bullfuckery that evades the salient point.

No. Maiden says the whole thing went.

So's the DoC strategy guide.

1. Sephiroth's suicide

Why? It's actually a perfectly fucking reasonable thing for the equivalent of an emo teenager to mope about.
And Sephiroth leaping was the Turk not fucking believing he was tossed. Problem asolved.

Why assume it was someone from Square and not a Bentstuff editor going 'yeah, we have a few more pages to fill. The Square guys said to just throw something in the back, behind everything else.'

See what I posted up there.

If you want to argue a fucking lighter as part of the fucking compilation, be my guest. I will not be kind.

You seem to have managed to misunderstand what Canon and 'Part of the Compilation' means in this case.

Canon means it is valid evidence on the continuity. For example, according to S-E. So LO is Important. That means it's valid to use to examine the compilation, so it's canon, but it's not in continuity or compilation.
In the compilation means it is IN the continuity.
The latter must be the former but the former need not be the latter.
Maiden seeks to be the latter, which is why it is beholden to the same rules LO and Lost Episode are, whereas the guidebooks, decidedly the former, are not as stringently considered, save in the event of contradictions between each other and the prime source.

IIRC, most of the 'big' contradictions, and I use the term facetiously, come from different Ultimanias.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Can a story not just be written for fun?
Nope, it HAS to have purpose...

of course it can be written for fun but you'd think somewhere in the UO they'd mention that it was written just for fun.

No, it's canon in FFVII, because its in the FFVII UO. IF ITS IN THERE, ITS CANON OTHERWISE ITS A WASTE OF TIME. ITS IN A BOOK FULL OF FACTS AND INTERVIEWS.
oh for the love of...

It is nowhere near the same level of plot contortion as Hojo's motivation for injecting himself with Jenova cells being completely re-written as of DC, the fate of Hojo's consciousness as of DC, the circumstance of Zack and Aerith meeting being completely re-written in CC, the ages of Zack and Aerith meeting being re-written in CC, Aerith's knowledge of Zack's death being re-written as of CC, Aerith's attitude towards Zack being re-written, the circumstances of their relationship, and the other outright contradictions that have emerged thanks to the creators not giving a shit about what Benny wrote and instead going their own route.
Well what about what THEY wrote though? Why do they retcon anything? I mean didn't... fuck I don't remember, didn't something say Aerith met Zack while selling flowers? I'll completely agree that what's written later on should be taken as canon, as opposed to older stuff, but yeah the Compilation has contradicted itself a lot. Doesn't mean that at one point, those other things weren't canon.

You seem to have managed to misunderstand what Canon and 'Part of the Compilation' means in this case.

Canon means it is valid evidence on the continuity. For example, according to S-E. So LO is Important. That means it's valid to use to examine the compilation, so it's canon, but it's not in continuity or compilation.
In the compilation means it is IN the continuity.
The latter must be the former but the former need not be the latter.
Maiden seeks to be the latter, which is why it is beholden to the same rules LO and Lost Episode are, whereas the guidebooks, decidedly the former, are not as stringently considered, save in the event of contradictions between each other and the prime source.

IIRC, most of the 'big' contradictions, and I use the term facetiously, come from different Ultimanias.

Okay so is it considered part of the Compilation... I'm guessing no.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Has to be a purpose? Like, giving some Aerith moments to her fans, since she died so early in the game? ._.

CoLW said:
The woman had found a solution, however more and more spirits steeped in spite appeared, and it was too much for her to bear. She rushed through the Lifestream in search of other souls to help her. Ancients, on the verge of diffusing. These fragments of consciousness accepted her undertaking. When she found fragments of consciousness of people she had once known– pitifully few in number– she infused them with her own memories and sought their assistance. She had more spirits on her side now, but even so the hatred borne by that man did not decrease.

You know, this pretty much says it all; IF things really happened like Maiden stated, then why Nojima didn't reference it at all? All he had to add was a line "like she did before to save the Planet from the meteor", but he didn't.The LifeStram White is supposed to be placed afterwards, but it looks more like Maiden hasn't happened at all; there are no spirits of her friends, Zack is certainly part of those spirits she awakens at that time and... oh, hello? Why is there NO MENTION at all about what happened supposedly in Maiden?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Even if Maiden WAS supposed to have a canonical place once in the world of FFVII, why would it matter?

The fact that it never got referenced in any way afterwards kinda proves Square-Enix doesn't give a shit about it anymore and it is pretty much excluded.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It is nowhere near the same level of plot contortion as Hojo's motivation for injecting himself with Jenova cells being completely re-written as of DC,

His initial motivations were barely there. DC added on that score, it did not particularly contradict.

the fate of Hojo's consciousness as of DC,

Contradicts something mentioned only in the UO, in Maiden moreover.

the circumstance of Zack and Aerith meeting being completely re-written in CC,

Given that it was barely written to begin with...

the ages of Zack and Aerith meeting being re-written in CC,

Again, only in Benny's trashy tale.

Aerith's knowledge of Zack's death being re-written as of CC, Aerith's attitude towards Zack being re-written, the circumstances of their relationship, and the other outright contradictions that have emerged thanks to the creators not giving a shit about what Benny wrote and instead going their own route.

Which only fucking matters....
IF BENNY FUCKING COUNTS.
And the writers absolutely not caring what Benny wrote indicates....
wait for it...

BENNY DON'T FUCKING COUNT.

Put another way, The Holiday special got past Lucas's radar. IT DON'T FUCKING COUNT.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Quex hitting on Vendel said:
You're cute.

dilandau-1.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Okay now show me where it has information on Case of Nanaki and Case of Yuffie.
The stand-alone release of OTWTAS was the last FFVII book to be released, coming after the revised edition. There's been no other reference book or Ultimania released since to list these things.

Nothing else Benny has written for any other FF has been questioned so I don't see why Maiden is.
Nothing else Benny Matsuyama has written ever gets mentioned. It's only his FFVII stuff (Kaitai Shinsho 'diary' things and this story) that get any significant attention. He's written stuff for Vagrant Story, Saga Frontier, FFX, FFXII. It's only the FFVII stuff (and only the stuff related to the love triangle) that ever seem to get talked about.

No one knows who approached Benny to write the story.
According to this, it was Akira Yamashita (one of the main staff at Studio Bent Stuff, who make the Ultimanias) who came to him about making a short story for Aerith.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The 'Completely disregarded by the makers' rule of canon also works.

Yes, and prior to stuff like the 10th Anniversary Ultimania coming along, that one wasn't an issue either.

Ryu said:
I still think you are overstating quite a lot of the errors there.
Now, granted, there are some things which are questionable, like the order of events of Gast and his leaving the company, but which don't actually affect the overall story.

I'm not overstating them at all.

Especially those in CC and BC.

Mako said:
I don't understand how Tres wants to break his foot off in Before Crisis's ass, but wants to snuggle up and protect poor Maiden from the mean old fans who want to crack its heart open like an egg.

I just don't see how one's forgivable and the other sends him into rage.

Well, let's see. Just Before Crisis's major offenses include:

-Yet another drastically different version of the Nibelheim Incident

-Changing the circumstances of Barret's involvement in the destruction of Corel (returning from an out-of-town trip to being there the whole time), changing his knowledge of what happened (a belief that it was an accident is now full awareness that it was a terrorist attack), making Shin-Ra's "retaliation" against the town completely nonsensical (a belief that it was people in the town is now knowledge that it was the original AVALANCHE), and making Barret a fucking moron for having him take up the name of the organization that got his town destroyed (he somehow makes no connection between motherfuckers who came up with plans to bomb reactors and the dumbfucks who blew up the reactor in Corel?)

-Making Red XIII's understandable frustration over being the last of his kind in the original game into complete fucking stupidity since he knows that there's another of his kind alive and well a couple of blocks from where he's whining like a little bitch

Quexinos said:
Nothing else Benny has written for any other FF has been questioned so I don't see why Maiden is.

In fairness, the narrations in the FFVII Kaitai Shinsho are questionable as well -- mainly because of the one featuring Aerith as Cloud's date at the Gold Saucer.

Those stories he's done for other games are probably alright, though, since nothing's come along to contradict them or omit them.

Quexinos said:
Also there's nothing in the timeline about Case of Yuffie as far as I know but feel free to prove me wrong.

The OtWtaS story details in general aren't mentioned.

Quexinos said:
But if I'm right about that, that plus Yuffie not being able to lift a child or break a door down contradicts the compilation. Guess CoY isn't canon either.

It sure as fuck shouldn't be, and for those very reasons. That shit's retarded.

Aaron said:
I'd say the fact that Square Enix has never, ever listed it in its many lists of canonical materials proves that it's not regarded as canon.

Sadly true.

Quexinos said:
What about the revised edition? I was under the impression that came out after the fact.

Mako said:
You're under the wrong impression then.

Actually, she's right. The OtWtaS book came out April 16 of 2009. The revised FFVII 10th AU came out May 7th.

Ryu said:
No. There is still no ACC current Ulti.

And yet the revised edition of the book sitting next to me talks about it quite a bit. :monster:

hito said:
The stand-alone release of OTWTAS was the last FFVII book to be released, coming after the revised edition.

Oh, for the love of fuck, not you too, hito.

mr_ite said:
Anyone consult Hironobu Sakaguchi about Advent Children? How about Dirge of Cerberus? Crisis Core? Before Crisis? On the Way to a Smile? Maiden of the Planet? Last Order?

Sakaguchi didn't write FFVII. He came up with some very basic concepts (e.g. set in New York in the real world, a detective named Joe as a main character), almost the entirety of which were thrown out early in production, according to Nomura. The Lifestream is apparently the only thing that made it into the final game, and neither its visual representation nor name were his ideas apparently.

Nojima wrote VII's script, as well as AC/ACC, CC, OtWtaS, LO and did some supervisory work on BC. Kitase has also referred to him as VII's writer.

DC's writer (Hiroki Chiba), by the way, also had some past involvement with FFVII and Vincent, in that he was the event planner in charge of placing Vincent's scenes into the original game.

I'd like to inquire who here actually knows any other story written by that guy. :monster:

There's quite a few.

Mako said:

In fairness, dude, "the entire planet's consciousness was awakened" is not equivalent to using the entire Lifestream. Hell, you can clearly see tendrils still off on the horizon when Meteor's beaten, and Maiden never suggested otherwise.

Ryu said:
No. Maiden says the whole thing went.

Actually, it doesn't.

Ryu said:
And Benny has not written for 10 or 10-2 to my knowledge.

He's written quite a bit for both, actually.

Mako said:
Red XIII could easily have thought Dinne died sometime during FFVII, causing him to believe that he truly was the last of his kind, until Bugenhagen told him that there was still a chance she was around. That contradicts and changes nothing. It's a slight inconsistency at best.

Dude, stop this faggotry right now. I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit explanation given every time this contradiction is brought up. =|

He was in fucking Cosmo Canyon where he was free to ask anyone about Dinne when he was being a little bitch and even Bugenhagen talked like Dinne didn't exist.

God fucking damn.

Ryu said:
And Sephiroth leaping was the Turk not fucking believing he was tossed. Problem asolved.

Except events outside the observation of the Turks are constantly shown in BC, and the Turk was in the fucking room in BC when Sephiroth leapt into the mako. This wasn't a POV issue and such wankery can't excuse it.

Ryu said:

That is Clerith Fundamentalist levels of wankery right there. =| What the fuck.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think I remember wondering if the revised book might have some more stuff about the new OTWTAS chapters in now.

But it's one year so long ago, my memory is hazy :sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Tres said:
Mako said:

That is Clerith Fundamentalist levels of wankery right there. =| What the fuck.
Ryu said that not Mako....

Dude, stop this faggotry right now. I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit explanation given every time this contradiction is brought up. =|

He was in fucking Cosmo Canyon where he was free to ask anyone about Dinne when he was being a little bitch and even Bugenhagen talked like Dinne didn't exist.

God fucking damn.
QFT. That's all for now.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Revised 10th Anniversary Ultimania was probably completed and ready for printing before the actual OTWTS books were, thus the latter's lack of inclusion in the former. It happens all the time in media. The next time an Ultimania for FFVII gets printed, I'm sure the other novellas will be included too. The precident of OTWTS being part of the Compilation has already been set with Case of Tifa, Barret, and Denzel.

And get your dick out of BC's ass, Tres. Another Nibelheim interpretation. Yeah. That's pretty fucking standard by now. No surprise there. Barret's involvmenet is actually hilariously ironic; not every Anti-Shinra Group in the world is known by the public, AVALANCHE doesn't wear a uniform with a nice shiny label on it, and considering he was pro-Shinra before, its no surprise he'd be ignorant of who the exact group was that got in the way. Shinra razed Corel cause they thought Corel was in league with AVALANCHE thanks to Dyne.

As for Red XIII, eat it. It's a retcon, and Red obviously didn't think to ask anyone cause he was too busy pissing and moaning about his father. Clearly the shit about his Dad, and him figuring out the truth was more important. Again, he probably didn't even want to bring the matter up cause of how painful it is. Whatever the explanation, it'll be addressed in a remake whenever it happens.

None of those changes equate to Maiden being literally bum fuck wrong with the direction the Compilation is going. BC's changes were either reconciled or scraped with the rest of the Compilation. BC has continuity and connection with other entries of the Compilation. Maiden is just plain ignored, in all its inaccuracy and hamfisted plot elements. So that should tell anyone with a brain something.

And I don't know what you're huffing Tres, but again. Maiden states that Aerith rallied the entire Lifestream.

Aerith cried out. Her waves of thoughts expanded through the Sea of Mako. Carried by the Lifestream, it spread throughout the Planet.

"I can't do this alone. Lets all protect the Planet!"

The cry of the last Cetra shook the countless consciousnesses that she had awakened during her journey. The entire Planet's conscious was awakened. Of course, among them was also the consciousness of those that were suspended for their atonements. With their strong wills combined together, they managed to control the enormous energy of the Planet.

Now you know, Tres. And knowing is half the battle.

Go fap to bad!fic Aerith, and get that crazy out of your head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom